Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ghirardelli brownie mix

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by AlexJ-Blazed, Mar 3, 2010.

1. I recently made a cup of cannabutter and wanted to use it to make a batch of ghirardelli brownies. The problem is this tells me i need 1/3 cup of oil, and says nothing about butter.

So my question is; should i just substitute the 1/3 cup of oil with 1/3 cup of cannabutter?

What are your thoughts?

2. I am currently looking at the same mix and have questions myself.

Is 1/3 of a cup oil enough oil for an 8x8 pan of brownies. Assuming I use around 7g+ of high grade chronic. Would increasing the oil content to 2/3 cup ruin the brownie mix?

3. You can definitely get away with adding more oil even without altering the other proportions of the recipe much, but they also recommend adding a small amount of milk or water.. just reduce (but don't eliminate) the water content, and replace it with your additional oil. I've used up to 3/4 a cup of oil in those boxed mixes. But in the future, you may wish to try concentrating your oil/potency, making this is a non-issue :)

4. what does the recipe call for?

and to answer your question: Butter is a fine substitute for the oil. it will cook just the same. :smoke:

5. We made brownies here yesterday - I used a small box that makes 12 servings, used the full amount it called for of our cannaoil plus a little extra (it called for 1/4 cup, I used 1/4 cup cannaoil plus about 2 tablespoons of plain veggie oil because the batter looked off to me in consistancy). The last batch my friends made, they used a full cup of cannacoil for a regular family sized box of brownies, I believe that size only calls for a half cup... the only thing that was a little different, it was more of a gooey fudge consistancy than brownies. (They tasted like shit... but we were all baked for 2 days).

6. This mix is one of the best brownie mixes...this and the Hershey's triple chocolate top all the rest. :D

7. making some tonight using some butter and a little wax to crank it up a little he he he ill let yall know how the moon was later hahahahaa