According to Grasscity Growers, what are the best grow tents out there?

GC Growers unite! Please give me feedback in this thread here

Thx

SJ

Ghirardelli brownie mix

• by AlexJ-Blazed
  • Mar 03 2010 01:34 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • AlexJ-Blazed
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:34 AM

I recently made a cup of cannabutter and wanted to use it to make a batch of ghirardelli brownies. The problem is this tells me i need 1/3 cup of oil, and says nothing about butter.

So my question is; should i just substitute the 1/3 cup of oil with 1/3 cup of cannabutter?

What are your thoughts?
Replies (6)

• AIRbOrn22

• PipPipPip
  • airborn22
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:43 PM

I am currently looking at the same mix and have questions myself.

Is 1/3 of a cup oil enough oil for an 8x8 pan of brownies. Assuming I use around 7g+ of high grade chronic. Would increasing the oil content to 2/3 cup ruin the brownie mix?

• Compassion Support BadKatsCannaPharm.com

• BadKittySmiles
  • Bronze Member
  • 6,610 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:35 PM

You can definitely get away with adding more oil even without altering the other proportions of the recipe much, but they also recommend adding a small amount of milk or water.. just reduce (but don't eliminate) the water content, and replace it with your additional oil. I've used up to 3/4 a cup of oil in those boxed mixes. But in the future, you may wish to try concentrating your oil/potency, making this is a non-issue :)

• PipPip
  • MALIwowie
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:20 PM

I am currently looking at the same mix and have questions myself.

Is 1/3 of a cup oil enough oil for an 8x8 pan of brownies. Assuming I use around 7g+ of high grade chronic. Would increasing the oil content to 2/3 cup ruin the brownie mix?

what does the recipe call for?

and to answer your question: Butter is a fine substitute for the oil. it will cook just the same. :smoke:

• Pip
  • BakedDragonfly
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:58 PM

We made brownies here yesterday - I used a small box that makes 12 servings, used the full amount it called for of our cannaoil plus a little extra (it called for 1/4 cup, I used 1/4 cup cannaoil plus about 2 tablespoons of plain veggie oil because the batter looked off to me in consistancy). The last batch my friends made, they used a full cup of cannacoil for a regular family sized box of brownies, I believe that size only calls for a half cup... the only thing that was a little different, it was more of a gooey fudge consistancy than brownies. (They tasted like shit... but we were all baked for 2 days).

• Guest_TranceKid_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:10 PM

This mix is one of the best brownie mixes...this and the Hershey's triple chocolate top all the rest. :D

• PipPip
  • infadel79
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:59 AM

making some tonight using some butter and a little wax to crank it up a little he he he ill let yall know how the moon was later hahahahaa

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users