Just bought a grinder... disappointed...

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by dragonriot, Feb 27, 2010.

1. So I stopped at the headshop with the specific purpose of buying a grinder. I was just gonna get the cheapo plastic one, because I dont have a lot of money and I've never had a grinder before, so why spend $30 on it?

Well the guy says the cheap plastic one is $7 and is not so good, and for $10, he had a ball grinder that supposedly had harder points, and storage in the ends of the ball.

So I get that one, bring it home and put some weed in it... and it doesn't do shit... just moves it around inside the grinder. I had already pulled it off the stem, but hadn't ground it up with my fingers or anything... I was just disappointed because I can grind finer than this thing with a credit card... I didn't need a $10.00 grinder for this.

2. #2 missionskatesTX, Feb 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2010
    because now you're going to have to spend more money on buying a better one.

"Chromium Crusher" on google. Extremely impressive.

It has more than exceeded any expectations.

3. I have the "Titanium Crusher"... i recommend it... get a metal grinder and make sure its a 4 part.

Top teeth - part 1
    bottom teeth - part 2
    Screen - part 3
    Keef storage - part 4

4. also,

clean the grinder before you use it.

5. dude just buy a sharpstone grinder and youll never need another one ever again

6. I recently bought a grinder just get on amazon do a search for herb grinder and shop around i got a legit grinder for 15 bucks and when i say legit i mean legit. I love this thing man I had a friend who wanted to pay me 30 bones for it but i turned him down cause i love it so much!

7. Kannastor grinder

8. Yeah, I've got a Chromium Crusher. Pretty fucking awesome.

9. ya like the rest have said, ya need a good grinder. chromium, sharpstone, notches, there are a bunch out there, but if ya go cheap and spend 10 bucks on one youll get a cheap one.

check ebay, ya can get good ones on there for real cheap

10. Here's my chromium crusher:
    Its grinds awesome and never fails me.

[​IMG]

11. +1 on the chromium crusher, meets and exceeds all my grinding needs.

It has a slightly finer screen than similar grinders, so you'd be getting a little less kief than others in the lowest compartment, but its really pure stuff..

In terms of grinding bud, the teeth just eat up anything I put in there.

And you can definitely get a solid one for around $20, check ebay or other places online, even amazon I think has them.

Sharpstone are quite good as well. (in the same price range)

12. ^ I have both a sharpstone and a Chromium. The chromium blows the sharpstone away across the board.

YOu're right about the last compartment being SUPER fine. I like it alot.

13. or just do like me, buy a $12 coffee grinder in walmart and it will perfectly grind half an Oz in about... 1-2 secs ? works amazing . something like this or similar:
    Applica CBG100W Coffee Grinder Coffee & Tea Accessory
    just make sure to not leave it grinding for too long or you will have super fine weed powder

14. get a space case

15. I bought a sharpstone 2 years ago, and I love that thing. Works perfectly, hasnt failed or disappointed me once,.. yet

16. That's what I'm rocking. You get so much kief/particulate plant matter build-up on the lid.

17. moral of the story is you get what you pay for.

18. You get what you pay for ;).

19. Those grinders are advertised as "coffee" grinders! LMAO. :D

20. Coffee grinders are great for a quick job, but don't let ALL that kief buildup deceive you, its not nearly as fine and most of the time its just bud that got grinded too much, you can see a significant colour difference.

Still a decent option, except you have to have it plugged in, unless you get one with batteries.

I prefer the manual ones, work well and portable.