Marijuana Decriminalization Talking Points

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by IndianaToker, Feb 20, 2005.

1. This is a wonderful post, thanks for putting this together.It is an unfortunate reality, that our country is unable to free itself from nearly 100 years of oppression and wrongful persecution.The Medicinal and Industrial benefits of Cannabis are astounding. Millions of afflicted people can benefit from use,and tens or even hundreds of thousands of jobs are waiting to be created.Other countries are already launching industrial and medical cannabis campaigns, will the US only enter the market when 'we' have sold all of the patents to corporate pharmaceuticals, to be synthesized and eliminated as a commodity? (THC has been patented by a NY pharm co. in the USA as a neuro-protective agent)

There is light on the horizon- Thousands of small American businesses, waiting for financing and legislative approval. Now more than ever people are opening up to the idea of Cannabis. The more we understand as a general public, the more able we are to organize our ideas and provoke a natural, beneficial change to our policy, and economic growth rate.

please go to GetLegit.org to learn more!!!

Educate ! Medicate ! Legitimize !!

2. Talking point no. 1 ought to be: using a substance to change your state of mind is a fundamentally spiritual act and is protected by the 1st Ammendment. Even if this were not the case, from where does the government get the authority to make these laws. Call out the specific place in the constitution.

We have been so long under the thumb of big brother that we don't even ask these questions anymore, much less demand answers at gun point as was done in the era of braver men. It is no treason to demand your constitutional rights, quite the opposite.

3. Just wasted the last ten minutes of my life arguing with an idiot that claimed cannabis is worst than alcohol. After ten minutes I just got feed up and let them be ignorant. Wish I had these talking points, but she was sooooooooo ignorant it probably wouldn't have mattered.

4. These little gems provide you with info on health benefits that most people will respond to! :D

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

“THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease. The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at DOUBLE the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.”

Pot compound seen as tool against cancer (news – 2012)
    Pot compound seen as tool against cancer - SFGate

“When McAllister and Desprez exposed the cells to cannabidiol in a petri dish, the ("triple negative" breast cancer) cells not only stopped acting "crazy" but they also started to revert to a normal state… The researchers stressed cannabidiol works only on cancer cells that have these high levels of ID-1 and these do not include all cancerous tumors but, rather, aggressive, metastatic cells. But they've found such high levels in leukemia, colorectal, pancreatic, lung, ovarian, brain and other cancers.”

An ultra-low dose of tetrahydrocannabinol provides cardioprotection. (abst – 2013) An ultra-low dose of tetrahydrocannabinol ... [Biochem Pharmacol. 2013] - PubMed - NCBI

CONCLUSION: A single ultra low dose of THC before ischemia is a safe and effective treatment that reduces myocardial ischemic damage. (A single low dose of THC before a heart attack is a safe and effective way to reduce heart attack damage.)

So here we have a growable, safe and effective herbal medicine that treats Alzheimers better than Aricept, causes aggressive cancers to "revert to a normal state", AND lessens heart attack damage (even if the dose was 48 hours before!)! :yay:

Cannabis is a "blooming miracle"!:smoke:

So what the "infarction" are we being "protected" against by keeping cannabis illegal? And WHY? :mad:

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  5. I shall now kick a dead horse:

I appreciate all your attempts to inform others of the possible medical uses; but I really feel that we blades have a leg to stand on when we approach it from a civil rights issue.

When you think about it, it is a spiritual practice. Changing your mental state by deliberate action (meditative or medicative) should be protected by the Constitutional guarantee of freedom fo religion.

Even without religious freedom, there is no constitutional basis for the government preventing the growing and use of cannabis.

We don't need to justify ourselves with medical benefits, it is enough that we want to do it, its not directly hurting anyone but ourselves (if even that) and we have every right to hurt ourselves.

Not running down medical uses, I'm just saying that we are endorsing the governments claim to power by arguing on their terms. I say defend our constitutional rights.

6. What do you think this website is? Advertise it somewhere else jackass.

Reported.

7. Marijuana on its own is just a herb, weed, or plant. When mankind got ahold of it a very long time ago, they found out that smoking it produced a relaxing & hallucinogenic effect. It made you feel different... almost, better. Marijuana when used correctly is just another type of "tool" that we use to self medicate for something like ptsd, nausea, pain, eating deficiencies, sleep disorders, mood disorders, cancer, etc., and of course to get high. To my knowledge it is not dangerous when used correctly and does not cause people to do dangerous things. Only idiots or people who are just plan stupid do dangerous things while using marijuana. And of course then blame it on them being under the influence of marijuana to try and look less at fault, less responsible, and more like a victim. Marijuana isn't any more dangerous than alcohol or pain medication like norco, diladed, oxycotten, vicoden, etc. And those are all prescribed on a regular basis. There are many other medications out there that have serious health risks if you were to take them and yet those are marked or labeled as "safe" or "helpful". Hell my adderall which is a form of amphetamine... makes me act wired, energetic, talkative, and just plane high. Did i happen to mention that that as well is LEGAL. The real reason why the government trys to argue how horrible marijuana is, in my opinion because they havent figured out how to contain it or fully control its production and distribution. Being in charge of it and being one of the only suppliers Is really all they are focused on... I guess I left out the millions of dollars they would make in pure profit alone if they decided to finally distribute it. If we just legalized marijuana not only do i feel that the crime rate would drop like giant balls of hail from the sky, but more people would use it for its helpful properties. And not just to get high. Nothing to mention all cops will feel relieved to let marijuana users go. Instead of dealing with small time and useless offenses like marijuana possession... Cops will be able to focus all their attention on actual criminals like rapists, murderers, and thefts. Putting those that are more deserving and guilty of actual moral indecent acts in jail or prision. I mean just imagine life without fearing the worst. Being able to walk down a deserted and dark street in the middle of the jight and not fear to have something bad happen. Having criminals off the street and not fear anything... sounds kinda nice right? We could actually have confidence in the police 24/7 and not just when we call them. We would also believe that they can and will save you and bring justice to those who deserve it and not to those who dont. We need to use our resources more wisely, and only put forth necessary and logical effort. Instead of ruining someone life who was in possession of a quarter ounce of hydro, We need to invest our time more wisely and catch those who are actually a threat (criminals) and have the ability to make life hell on earth and throw those mother f*ckers in jail. We are wasting our time on a drug that has been proven to help in hundreds of studies on the effects of marijuana. Fighting against it is more detrimental to us in time than the drug itself. Legalize it, produce and distribute it, and tax the shit out of it if it concerns you. I bet you've never seen a pot head shoot up a school or suicide bomb a crowd of soldiers. The amount of time and effort spent in the pursuit of marijuana is not only surprising but disappointing as well. If we put forth the same amount of effort used to find dealers or users then we would definitely be able to clean up the streets and lower the crime rate. We are wasting unnecessary effort trying to capture and punish people for using marijuana when we have actual criminals who need to be in jail that are running free on our streets and in our neighborhoods. I say, make it legal and smoke away. See what happens.

8. Thank you Fosterboy, awesome video gonna put it on my face book so more people see this...

9. I am overwhelmed by the amount of facts out here. This is a wonderful post. Recently I thought of an easy way to make the public aware of our "marijuana situation" is to tell them about a story. Make them imagine of a willow tree . Ask them if they know that a drug called aspirin comes from the bark of a willow tree. Then tell them that what happened in the government in the past was that they concieved a monster make out of hate and racial discrimination and greed to power it up, and here;s the power puff girls lol jk.
    Ok seriously now, they make marijuana is the monster while cannabis is blamed. the cannabis was the willow tree. Now, where is the aspirin right now? the medicine?

10. I honestly find it unfair that it is such a big issue. I have been smoking for about a year now and nothing has happened to me. I actually made pretty decent grades last semester and can maintain a part time job while being a full-time student. It relaxes me at the end of the day and it helps with my head aches. Not to mention my anxiety attacks. It is pretty fucking awesome that something some simple as a plant can cure my anxiety attacks in a matter of seconds. 

11. Thank you, this is a very moving and motivating post. We need to get out there and take a stand. Together we can make a difference, we can change the stance and point of view people have on marijuana.

12. Not to mention crime rates would be much lower because people would be too chill to rob anything. Even if they did, the freed up police resources would take care of it faster than before.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. If you haven't seen them already, you guys should check out my group's comedic Marijuana Legalization Videos, they illustrate a lot of these points in bit-sized sketches
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyynQQbjjAU[/youtube]

14. Who ever thinks weed is bad and put illegal Is dumb and should be hanged for trying to ban gods good herb, that he put on this earth, for medication and relief. The bible approves that marijuana can be smoked. It says god put this herb on here for us. All he asks is that you have a clear mind. Meaning you can get high as much as you want, just don't become a stoner that turns into an idiot because he became a burnout.

15. #175 Damienh, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
    Hey Guys,
    Here's a Florida Marijuana Shirt I Designed To Support Medical Marijuana In Florida.
    Got a pretty great response from it so far.

Check it out Here ---> http://bit.ly/1dUxFUF

Attached Files:

16. Ever since I left FL few months ago, big time lawyers have been pushing for medical. Airing commercials on TV and clearchannel radio network. Interesting push that these lawyers are doing for Florida. It's great step, but I'd prefer it was for decriminalization. 

17. "The only thing more addictive than drugs, is tax revenue." -from an article I read but forgot the author. Tax that shit. :smoke:

18. Very informative. Think I am going to re-blog this on our website.

19. Wow very thorough thanks for the info. Weed will be legal nationwide soon enough. 3 years tops