What beer are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by MonkeyUndead, Feb 24, 2010.

1. I think the Wild Sour series from Destihl Brewing has become a favorite of mine. I've had three of their six selections and all of them thus far have been amazing.

Beyond that, tonight I had the HiFi-LoFi Mixtape from Stone. Great stuff.

2. Addicting! Hope my bottle shop orders more I cleaned them out.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435436653.920601.jpg

3. you're making me tooo jelly [​IMG]

4. Let me be the first to say that I hate you. I mean this in the sense that I hate you. I can't find Westbrook anywhere. I really need to get up on my trade game. Wisconsin doesn't have much beyond New Glarus that people are interested in which makes it especially difficult to find folks who are willing to trade their local gems for mine. Perhaps one day though I can entice someone to send me Westbrook for Raspberry Tart or Belgian Red.... To make a long story short, I don't hate you, I'm just incredibly jealous.

Beyond that, I tried "When the Light Gose Out" from Siren Craft Brewing. It's a black Gose that just didn't really live up to expectations. The sour was incredibly light and the saltiness just didn't hit too well either. Overall, I gave it a 2/5 on untappd.

5. Tossin back a few jewcastles

6. I'll trade you some west coast sours for some New Glarus Enigma, Cran-Bic, Berliner Weisse and Serendipity. Have been wanting to try those. Come harvest time we should talk ;)

7. we can work something out!
    I always wanna try new stuff.

8. Had my girl pick me up some beer the other day.. I like when she gets me stuff sometimes because she always gets somthing I would never buy otherwise..
    But this one just reminds me of why I hate bourbon barrels aged stuff and at 13.5%! It's just too much I'll drink it tho.
    Not my style at all by any means lol
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435512988.017186.jpg

9. awww man I LOVE bourbon barrel-aged stuff! But it has to be the right stuff, that beer I probably wouldnt like. But bourbon barrel-aged sours are fucking fantastic! Love Child No.4 from Boulevard is a good example.

I'm just not big on boozy, high-ABV beers. Although if you ever see Abbaye de Saint Bon-Chien from BFM, get it! Its an 11% sour from Switzerland but you cannot taste that 11% at all its so well balanced! I had a 2011 back in september of last year and it was exceptional!
    [​IMG]

oh this beer has nothing to do with bourbon barrels lmao [​IMG]

10. Delightful

Attached Files:

11. At the moment, I'm sippin' on Atwater Brewery's Vanilla Java Porter. Good stuff, it's a more heavy-bodied porter.

12. #11272 chocobo, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2015
    Definitely. Look up some Wisconsin brews and if you see something you're interested in, let me know. I'd be glad to send you some goodies. I can also get stuff from Minnesota as well.
    Awesome man! I'll pick up the Enigma now while it's still available, same with the Berliner Weisse and when Fall rolls around, I'll pick up some Cran-Bic and Serendipity and we'll work something out. I'll start looking into West Coast sours I might be interested in, either that or let you decide for me as you seem to have great taste.

As for the discussion of big boozy brews, I love them. I'm currently drinking the 2015 Imperial Stout (Coffee version) from Boulevard. It's so damn good. Bourbon Barrel brews are always hit or miss for me. If they actually take the time to age them properly, I'm generally a big fan. That's likely due to the fact that I love a good bourbon drink. However, if they age them sloppily or just add bourbon flavoring (which I swear to that Central Waters in Wisconsin does), it just tastes like vanilla extract with a hint of wood. Those are the types I can't stand.

13. Up in Oregon we have Cascade, DeGarde, Upright, Logsdon, Ale Apothecary, The Commons.. Deschutes has a flanders red style beer called The Dissident, havent had it but could get it. plus Deschutes has some pretty good other offerings, IDK if you're into IPA's but their Fresh Squeezed is pretty good and I'm not an IPA fan.

And then theres the Cali brews.... I think Cali out-does Oregon in beer, at least for barrel-aged sours/wild ales.

Russian River, Almanac, The Rare Barrel(fucking amazing), Firestone Walker, The Lost Abbey, Libertine Pub, Cellarmaker, Phantom Carriage, The Bruery, Oceanside Ale Works, Sante Adairius Rustic Ales, Alpine beer Company, Societe, Toolbox Brewing, Modern Times, Hangar 24..... and theres many more I'm forgetting! jesus we kill it [​IMG][​IMG]

14. We get Deschutes up this way. Not everything from them has made its way into Wisconsin as they just entered the state early this year. I think I might have had a brew or two from Upright and Cascade as well (might have picked some up when I was in Colorado last year). However, Russian River could be a big winner. As overrated as they probably are, I am still in need of finding the Pliny brews (just to say I had them) along with the majority of their line up. Thanks for the list though, I'll dig into it and see what I'm into and we'll talk from there.

15. Currently drinking bud light. It's free.
    :hide:

16. Hahaha I could get you Pliny, but their sours are seriously on point!

17. Beautiful beer. I've never had a non-sour rye ale so I don't know too much about em but I've always love this sour, just excellent on a hot day
    [​IMG][/IMG]

18. Why in the living fuck do no liquor stores around me carry sours?! Then we have Jimmy Carter over here rubbing it in my face! What a dick :D

19. hahaha start asking around at local bottle shops and show some interest, they are gaining in popularity it seems so if you show you wante em bad enough I'm sure you could get some shop owners to get some in :)

20. #11280 invinciblejets, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
    Nothing special tonight but I love this stuff 5$ bombers for a great saison 100% Brett yeast hell yeah!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435702304.611163.jpg