What beer are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by MonkeyUndead, Feb 24, 2010.

1. #11141 squidrick420, May 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2015
    The Devil's Tramping Ground Tripel by Aviator Brewing near Raleigh NC. I've had this one before but this time was much better as they had had time to age on the shelf for a while. Luckily the grocery store I got them at had them discounted at $6.50 for a 4 pack since they were "old" but little did they know that a beer like this gets better with age. This is a really sweet beer that hides the 9.4% abv very well with only mild alcohol flavor coming through. Not a perfect beer, but a really nicely done tripel nonetheless.
    Ohh, and it is a tripel in a can! You don't see that everyday.
    [​IMG]

2. I'm not big on Kona but their IPA is probably the perfect summer beer because it drinks like a lager and tastes like lemongrass.

3. I'll have to try this again they sit on the shelves at my store too.
    last time I tried it I did enjoy it for sure tho defiantly wouldn't of guessed the abv by taste.

4. 2013 goose island sofie certainly a great saison for aging tastes amazing in love right now
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432940896.129435.jpg

5. Bout to crack the victory Helios farmhouse ale I was "cellaring" I'm not very patient and don't feel like going to the store lol.
    I still have a Sierra Nevada hoptimum but I just can't enjoy a ipa like I can a saison.

6. Oberon from Bells because I was too lazy to drive to the better bottle shop.

7. Femme Fatale Brett from Evil Twin Brewing.

Definitely a solid IPA. This one might be up your alley Jimmy Carter. It's definitely an IPA, but it is well balanced and ends with a bit of a funk. I'd like to say the brett comes out more and gives a more sour finish, but it doesn't, just adds a bit of funk.

I also did Orange You Glad from Mobcraft Brewing. This thing was strange. It was a sour hefeweizen with blood orange. It lacked in a lot of areas and overall wasn't what I was expecting.

8. #11150 invinciblejets, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
    Tanks 7....was searching for love child no. 5 tho

9. have you had the no.4? its freaking amazing. everything I've heard about the no.5 is its good but needs some age to be up to par with no.4. Havent had a chance to try the no.5 yet.

10. More hop hunter. Love this shit.

11. #11154 Jimmy Carter, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
    I grabbed one of these, was only 1.70 and nothing special.
    [​IMG]

12. It just goes down really smooth, I enjoyed it.

13. This stone IPA and new Belgium rampant taste very similar, although, I like this one quite a bit more.

Attached Files:

14. Nope can't find the love child near me trying to work a trade out with someone. Might order it online either way I want it!

15. #11158 squidrick420, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2015
    They get better with age, or maybe I just liked it better this time haha. Either way it can't hurt to pick a pack up. They do hide the abv really well, but then again the tripel style is notorious for having deceptively high alcohol content.

HOMETOWN BREW!!! [​IMG]
    That stuff might as well flow through the streets of Asheville. I've told the city council to install Gaelic Ale fountains but I haven't heard back yet; I'm positive they will say yes though.

16. Not a bad beer but the last one I had was so unfiltered that it was a little to much to handle. I generally prefer unfiltered beers with the yeast in them but in this case it was like drinking bread chunks (I could have had one that was past its prime).

17. mm gotta love a chewy beer [​IMG]