What beer are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by MonkeyUndead, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Is that the Knob Creek Rye in the background or the original? The rye is so good in an old fashioned.

Anyway, I've got some Franzikaner. My co-worker and I were talking about our German heritage and it was such a nice day I figured why not?

2. #10922 101 BIG TEX 101, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
    Big Flats Lager - a walgreens beer

I paid $3.25 with tax for a 6er. it's a pretty good adjunct lager - I'm gonna drink 'em all. I thought it was gonna be bad like milwaukee's best or something....Taste: Sweet corn, light malt, grassy hops & lager yeast! Refreshing frothy carbonation. Good budget beer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. my patnas blowin up the weed good for nothin alchoholics...

4. Oro de Calabaza from Jolly Pumpkin, a really nice wild golden ale aged in oak barrels. Has a great funk to the nose, nice grassy/barnyard kind of smell like a good Gueuze. Has a nice mellow tartness/brett funk coupled with zesty citrus and spicy black pepper. A slight bitterness that fits it quite well the longer I drink it, I dont mind a little bitterness on the back if its well balanced with everything else. thats mainly why I dont like most american IPAs, they're too bitter for my taste. overall I would buy it again, not sure what year it is. and only 14 bucks a 750

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Smoked Lager (From Stone Brewing). It's a pretty heavily smoked porter and while I don't generally go for smoked beers, I had to try it. We don't get Stone in Wisconsin so whenever I can get some, I make sure to grab whatever is available.

6. *stumbles in looking for the hard liquor thread*

*spills some rye, turns up the music, packs another bowl*

7. Budweiser, $40 for 24 here in australia. Sierra nevada is $7 for just the one :( fuck australia's prices! Cheap 6pack is $14~

8. you sound like a good candidate for home brewing

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forumsh

9. As promised here is one for all of you Sierra Nevada fans. This is their Rain Check spiced stout that is only brewed at the new brewery in Mills River NC (about 30 minutes from where I live). The beer is inspired by the culture (and the rainy weather) of Western North Carolina and uses locally sourced spices. This was the first original beer that Sierra Nevada produced at their second brewery and I must say it was quite nice. If you are ever in the area keep an eye out for this one! It was only $3 so I was pretty happy with that haha. Sadly, if you live outside of WNC then you won't be finding this one at the store since they only brew it in very limited quantities for local pubs + beer stores. They did ship some out to a few bars in East TN and Upstate SC but that is about it.

[​IMG]

10. Stone rules! If you ever want to try a smoked beer that is actually wonderful then look for anything from the German brewery "Schlenkerla / <span>Brauerei Heller-Trum" (its a merger b/w two breweries). I have posted a couple of their beers in here in the past. They basically invented the Rauchbier or "smokebeer" a long time ago and perfected it. They don't just brew smokey beer but they actually brew it in a way that the smoke flavor compliments the beer instead of totally overpowering it. Their smoked dopplebock and marzen are the best. Here is their webpage.</span>
    <span>http://www.schlenkerla.de/indexe.html</span>

11. 10 year old Original.
    I just sip it on ice.
    I have been trying a new thing when I smoke my meat. I will smoke a small bucket of water. I then put that in an ice tray and freeze.
    Gives it a nice hint of smoke while drinking.

while you're at it, try and find Abraxxxas by Freigeist. its a smoked Berliner Weisse, soooo good!

13. its also great for soft boiled eggs

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forumsh

14. If I ever see any of those smoked recommendations, I'll pick them up. Again, I'm just not really a fan of the style. It's likely due to the fact that there isn't a lot of breweries in my area that make anything decent. The smoke is overpowering. However, I do like peated Scotch Ales and the like (especially if aged in scotch barrels). I'm a big scotch fan and if it's done right, the smokiness that comes out is generally subtle, but gives you that hint of scotch that you're looking for.

15. I'm not huge on smoked beers either but I found the Abraxxxas the be very well balanced, not overpowering at all. I'm a fan of berliner weisse, I liked the smokey touch to it :)

16. #10936 101 BIG TEX 101, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
     Crispin Artisanal Reserve Unfiltered Hard Apple Cider w/ organic honey

solid hard apple cider

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. I like that shit^

Enjoyed a Saison Dupont tonight, pretty good farmhouse ale

18. #10938 squidrick420, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
    I had this beer from the Orkney Brewery in the Northern Isles of Scotland the other night. Really decent beer, it wasn't the best from this brewery that I have had but that being said this brewery can't brew anything bad so it is still better than most beers. I got my dad a few beers from this brewery for his birthday and he seemed to enjoy them as well.

[​IMG]

19. Franconia Wheat by Franconia Brewing Co. (texas brewery)

Wonderful german hefe!

:)

[​IMG]

20. More beer

Attached Files: