What beer are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by MonkeyUndead, Feb 24, 2010.

1. I've seen that around every winter but never tried it, I'll have to pick it up at some point.

2. I have been trying to score some fresh hop IPAs for a while with no luck. Those are my favorite fall beers since they can only be brewed within a week or two of a hop harvest before the hops have had time to dry like 99% of the hops used in a beer. Due to the time restrictions and very limited hop harvest season they are really hard to find!

3. Moosehead

Attached Files:

4. so fucking dank I can't find that shot anywhere. I like drinking locals but that Moosehead is fire. What store did you get it or are you in canada.

5. Ya I live in Canada, they always have them at the liquor stores in my area, damn good brew!

6. damn I knew it. there was one store here in Oregon where they had them. A they don't carry them any more in fact I have had ones for like 4 years probably.

7. Is it possible to order a case of them online?

8. you know I have never thought of that might have to look into it. Thanks just hoping the price is right. Lol

9. All of y'all are sophisticated lol Budweiser pint cans for me tonight

Attached Files:

10. #10350 squidrick420, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2014
    ^
    It isn't about being sophisticated, it is about drinking beer that isn't holding a stranglehold over the beer industry like Budweiser does. It is about supporting the underdog who makes the better product. Macro lagers aren't always terrible but I disagree with how poorly beers like that react to the craft beer industry. Those companies buy 'shelf space' and re-market the same product in different packaging just so they can take up a greater share of the available space in stores which limits craft brewers to smaller sections. There is a war in the beer industry between macro and micro brewers and sadly the macro brewers still maintain a mainstream dominance over craft drinkers which, in most places, are relegated to a niche market that has to be willing to pay extra. Ohh, and not to mention the stereotype that a lot of macro drinkers hold that craft beers are for pussies or whatever, I hear that one quite a bit.

All this to say.... fuck your Budweiser. In all due respect of course. :smoking:

11. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415388408.145275.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. craft beers are for pussies?
    who in the fuck would even say that?

Id like to see one of those 'buds' drink a 24 pack of some nicely crafted craft brews and not feel like shit the next day.
    motherfuckers probably wont even make it to 12.

smh

fuck you big beer companies. fuck you.

13. One word, rednecks. There is no shortage of them around here and to them anything that tastes good and has alcohol in it is for 'pussies' lol. The city where I go to school has a major craft beer industry but everywhere else around here is stuck in the days of rivalries over whether Bud or Miller is better. Although there is a brewery in virtually every town, most of the rednecks have just pushed them off as not worth their time and "nowhere near as good as Budweiser." These are the same people who get defensive when you tell them Bud is owned by a Belgian company and still call you un-American if you you drink anything else. To be fair, there are a number of rednecks who are the total opposite and are not only into craft beer but brew their own as well.

14. I have never heard the term hash used for hop concentrate before lol. I had to look this up to see what kind of hash they were infusing it with since I know damn well that a GA brewery can't use actual hash in their beer. I like the concept and I'll keep an eye out for this.

15. Your from Ga?
    must be from ATL area? or close?

savannah maybe?
    im in the ass end of the state by the state line.

16. It's all about the craft beer over here.

17. Looks like I found heaven on earth!
    [​IMG]

Cannot wait to dig into these Almanacs
    [​IMG]

18. oh my god the farmers reserve citrus sounds sooooooo fucking good

19. That might be the first one I pop so I'll keep you posted ;)

20. I am incredibly jealous of our 39th president's beer stock right now. I am out of beer and ganja and I will be for a few more days :cry: