What beer are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by MonkeyUndead, Feb 24, 2010.

1. About to take a shot of some Three Olives Grape Vodka (.99 bin at liquor store) and then gonna have some Steel Reserve 211 - 24 oz can / 8.1 % - $1.49!

2. Keystone Light :'(

I just put down deposit and first month's rent on an apartment so I'm poor right now.

3. as with all things sometimes the classics are unfuckable...other times...they can actually be improved upon....any stick in the mud one way or the other is just a fundamentalist type. :D

4. I actually enjoy both styles but I like to give the American IPA a hard time since it is like by far the most popular craft beer style in the US. I just think that because of that it gets overdone and gets heavier marketing and I don't like to experiment with new IPAs that often just because a lot of the times I find they are just different interpretations of the  same 5 or 6 specific IPAs that helped kick off the style in the US. Everybody has something that mimics Stone IPA, Anchor IPA, Green Flash's West Coast IPA, Sierra Nevada's Torpedo IPA, and of course all of Dogfish Head's different IPAs. Those pretty much sum up the full spectrum of where the American IPA style comes from; and like you said... the classics are unfuckable :bongin:

5. One of my favorite local seasonal beers. It isn't really 'seasonal' so much as it is colder weather beer but holy fuck it is amazing. I got this really fresh as well so I am happy right now. It uses some locally grown organic coffee beans from a nearby town so getting this is supporting two local beverage businesses :smoking:

This brew is remarkable though, it has the flavor that you would typically associate with an English porter but also with a robust cup of dark roast. Wonderful beer, glad I stocked up.
    [​IMG]

6. Dam that looks good^
    It's Saturday so I got some 🍺 I'll give a report in alil after I eat somthing

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

7. Sweetwater 420 Extra Pale Ale

8. Ok so after my last experience with Sierra Nevada I decided to try another apparently "seasonal"
    And once again am pleased.
    I may be talking out my ass but seems to be the most balanced beer I've tried yet all the favors are just there together none over powering.
    Tbh it tastes just like the you would imagine the picture on the bottle lol.
    Once again I'm no beer expert.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412464278.015016.jpg

9. So I have had a few beers recently but the thread seemed dead and I didn't wanna overload it haha.

The first one is Old Tom Strong Ale from England. Very boozy beer but in a good way, it kinda tasted like saké for some reason lol. This one came from the specialty store I go to. This style probably isn't for everybody but I really enjoyed it. 
    [​IMG]

The second one is only being posted because I was brownbagging it in downtown Asheville. This is a pretty average to okay tasting beer, but the point is its IPA in a can with a brown bag being consumed in public, kinda trashy and kinda classy.
    [​IMG]

10. Looks like a dope place to chill tho ^lol
    I always forget this thread is here till Saturday when I'm off work lol ima need to start checking in as beer is becoming a strong new interest for me I find my self on the Internet reading brewing nonsense constantly haha.

11. Its a cool spot but lots of people go through so I couldn't stay long. I actually made my way a few blocks over to finish the beer on a slummy rooftop that I like to drink and get stoned on. :smoking:

This rooftop to be exact.
    [​IMG]

12. That's dope tho maybe more so to me because I'm in the woods lol.
    It's is nice being in nature tho getting toasted underneath the century old live oaks overlooking ricefields ...shit im stoned haha

13. Does drinking beer out of a glass rather then bottle help taste any? Maybe a special shaped glass?
    I feel inclined to use my girls stemless wineglasses??

14. Here is an article that can help.
    http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2012/06/beer-glasses-best-glass-for-craft-beer-taste-test.html?ref=thumb

I personally think it makes a difference and ultimately it takes trial and error to figure out what beer is best in what glass. If the beer has a strong aroma such as an IPA, sour ale, Belgian strong ales, coffee porter, etc then you may want to go with a tulip glass (like my Duvel glass posted in several pics). A pint glass is good for almost any beer but they don't capture aroma as well and aroma is a big part of flavor. This isn't a big deal with a lot of beer styles though. You can do well with one of each type of glass but you also have many others that serve their own purpose but you can read about them in that article I posted. I want to get a pilsner glass, but those don't do much for flavor and it is all about showing off the clear color of a pilsner.

15. #10215 invinciblejets, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
    Thanks^!!
    Awesome article!

16. Shits pretty bomb can't finish a six without a black out lol. I can easy drink a sixer....not that I'm proud or anything lol but this shit good and will fuck you up

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

17. My drinks tonight:

One 24 ounce of Steel Reserve, 3 shots of 40% vodka, another 24 ounce Steel Reserve and 3 more shots of 18% Mathilde Liqueur.

Sad too say but I'm not that drunk. Granted I was eating some pizza while drinking... And it's been around 3 hours total since I've been drinking... But I am not a big guy. If you were my size most people would be tanked by now.

Sigh....

Sometimes being an alcoholic sucks... I can drink so much :(

18. carlsberg lager, had to be cheap on it this week so 20 cans for £10

19. #10220 Jimmy Carter, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
    omg please let me know how you like the La Folie and Le Terroir!