What beer are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by MonkeyUndead, Feb 24, 2010.

1. no beer. just rum and coke.

2. I would recommend it, if you like unfiltered beers.

Attached Files:

3. Was drinking some thomas creek oatmeal stout and pumpkin ale last night. Thomas creek is a local brewery. Very good beer

I dont do drugs, I set plants on fire and breathe.

4. #10144 squidrick420, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
    I made a mini trip to the specialty store again :bongin:

This is the Sterkens Dubbel imported from the one and only Belgium.
    I find this beer to be absolutely wonderful and a great example of the dubbel style! The mouth feel is smooth and light yet this doesn't sacrifice any of the strong flavors of dark fruits and mild spice that I often associate with a dubbel. The strongest flavor I get from this beer is that of chocolate covered raisins and it has something else lurking in the background that I can't quite identify. Anyways, seeing as how this beer is from Belgium itself it is much better than most American interpretations of the style I have had.

Usually American craft versions of Belgian beers are sub par in my opinion with a few exceptions here and there. The key is in the yeast used, true Belgian yeast has a zesty and spicy flavor that can't be matched by imitation strains.
    [​IMG]

5. A gold lager that is brewed specifically for my school! I can't tell you the exact name, but my school has its own beer!

Kickass :yummy:

6. My school has a brewing program that just started this semester so hopefully my school will also have its own beer soon too :smoking:

7. Another beer from the specialty store.
    This is an import from England brewed in the style of an 'old ale.' This is my first experience with the style and I really enjoy it as a sipping beer. The brew was aged for over a year and is also a blend of two different beers, one strong and one of average strength. There is a really complex flavor profile going on here and I get some warming spice notes of alcohol probably from the strong beer in the mix and I get a malt backing from the weaker beer. There is another flavor in the mix that I can't really identify but it really came through in the back of the mouth in the aftertaste as the beer warmed up. This one got a little better as the temperature rose, the most delicious flavors were surprisingly in the final sip after it had some time to warm up leading me to believe that this one should be served at cellar temp rather than refrigerator temp.

[​IMG]

8. modelo.

in a motherfuckin can
    ftw

9. Cheers!

1411690224618.jpg

10. I hope you really cheersed. cause i did too.

thats badass dude haha

11. I did and then I finished it and grabbed another haha

12. i just made some food with a can of mine.
    chopped cubed steak with taters, and onions and lots and lots of cumin.

was gonna make a roux for the beer/cumin mix but was too intoxicated to carry out such tasks.
    really would have made the dish better though :(
    either way.

cheers again yo. Modelo!!

13. Made in China! Not the best beer that's ever graced my mouth...
    [​IMG]

14. #10155 squidrick420, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
  15. Apparently the Chinese branch of the company is geared towards being a 'luxury brand' and from what it looks like they are the closest thing to craft beer China has haha. I don't think they are known for having the best beer in China :bongin:

16. china has got some choice swill, maybe not this pbr knockoff, but believe me you havent seen toxic alcohol until youve seen jugs of baijiu that cost a dollar ... its not uncommon to see a rainbow sheen, similar to oil

17. I wouldn't call it a knockoff just because it is a completely different recipe and type of beer apparently. I do believe that it is an oak aged pale ale from what I gathered off beer advocate which sounds like it has no resemblance to the domestic sugary cheap adjunct lager we have in the states. Anyways I believe that China has some form of cheap alcohol that can make even the worst malt liquor look like gold lol.

18. they certainly do. yea i dont know if its a knockoff, but usually these variations on common brands are bottled in the same factories as the real stuff, which is why theyre higher quality, but theyre sold locally since many nations dont approve of violating trademarks and what not. for example, something like east rock superdrink (bad english translation), is almost identical to redbull, because its made in their factories, just sold locally under another name.