My first closet grow-op

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by djlaureate, Feb 21, 2010.

1. #1 djlaureate, Feb 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2010
    Hey all, I'm new to the site, and like everyone else I'm constantly inspired by reading everything i can.

I'm currently trying to figure how I'm going to ventilate. that's the biggest concern. I might un-hinge the door and get something to cover that space.

edit: i dont feel comfortable in this place now, had to take the pics down.. im about to move anyway. but thanks for the ideas :)

2. buy a cheap door for less than 50 bucks and cut it to your hearts content. when you move just put the old door back on and scrap your cheap door.

3. We don't know what's on the other side of the three walls, but dry wall repairs are really easy to do later down the road and would make for a much cleaner setup, if that's an option.

4. Hopefully, you have somewhere else you can store your black shirt, glasses, crumpled up papers, and ... is that a bud on the shelf??!!

5. its pretty interesting, i can move the shelves off easily, and there's 2 screw-holes painted over on the ceiling. But I'm definitely liking the buying a new door option. Right now im also weighing which stuff i should buy.

here's what i got so far:

I'm going the Bubble Bucket method, from this site..

I'm shooting for the kit from HTG Supply.com

it includes:

~400watt HPS bulb
    ~400watt MH Conversion bulb
    ~400watt HPS Ballast
    ~10' Ballast-to-reflector cord
    ~Dual Outlet timer
    ~Four side horizontal reflector

all for $164.95, so i figured i'd give it a shot.

I'm going to make a DIY Carbon Filter , from a tutorial on this site.

6. lol, yea that's actually what i use to dry the shrooms my brother makes :)

7. the light sounds pretty good. you can't beat the price.

8. #8 djlaureate, Feb 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2010
    Okay, so im deciding that im gonna give this a go after-all.

here's the pics and dimensions of my closet.

Dimensions - about 7ft wide, 3 feet long.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, im now pondering what i should do.

im thinking maybe un-hinge the door like before, and putting a new door so i can cut a vent duct

or, a tarp w/velcro

or, just buy a grow tent to fit inside the closet. im going to visit the hydroponic garden store this week and get a price on that sized tent.

i guess all these could work, whats your guy's opinion?

thanks and peace :)