Growers coffee lounge

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by tetrahydrocanna, Feb 18, 2005.

1. buying at a retail outlet will do that

Amazon is my best friend[​IMG]

i spent about $200 at my initial setup and am probably up to about $500 now after 3 years. that includes buying more nutrients, bulbs, batteries and such

what medium are you going with?

2. Well yeah, that's what I was planning on doing.  Starting germinating in the window for the next bit, and then finish my build in the mean time.  But, yeah that is prob cutting it a little short if I need to run it for a couple days after finishing building.  I don't think I'd be happy if 5 days from now, something happens, and there's no home for them yet. 

3. #89363 hendrix2323, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015

You know, that's probably what's happening here, lol. I'll look online for prices to build a budget, and then when I go to the store, everything costs a bit more than online.  I want to order from online, but I'm kind of sketched out about ordering things like seeds, and equipment to my house. .  Today I went to a hydroponic store, and was shocked at how much dirt cost.  

TBH, I don't know what I'm growing in yet, so that is prob good reason to wait.  I'm leaning to soil as this is my first grow, and it seems like it may be easier; however, my cabinet is kind of short, so if I could save space with a hydroponic setup it would be something to think about.  It's a difficult decision.  What would you suggest for a 1st time grower in a cabinet this size...I'm planning at cutting holes in the bottom to give myself a little more room, http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1368163-hendrixs-1st-grow.html

4. space size doesn't really matter, you can easily train your plants to grow in whatever environment you have available. choose the medium you're most comfortable with

i'd be more sketch coming out of a hydroponics store and driving home with the supplies in my car[​IMG]

5. That is true.  It's just a general hydroponics store, not really catered to cannabis, but I imagine some % of their customers are growing weed 

Ok, that's good to know then.  I was planning on scrog'ing to keep them under control. I guess I'll just go with soil.  I thought there would be a way to just use the soil as nutrition for the plants, but the lady at the store today told me I need an inert soil medium, and a whack load of nutrients to feed them, so I'm going to have to do some research on this.  

6. great nutes to start with. been using them since i started and never switched
    http://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-Flora-FloraBloom-FloraMicro/dp/B0024NDVRA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430012272&sr=8-1&keywords=gh+trio

and a way to keep your feeds ph balanced
    http://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-GH1514-Control-Kit/dp/B000BNKWZY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430012331&sr=8-1&keywords=ph+kit

7. np

not to say people who work at those shops aren't great, but they are in the money making business

always cut out the middle man, that's why we grow our own weed, right?[​IMG]

8. God dammit thunderfuck is gone again, and I missed Mrs ed and the Yodas. 

9. #89373 Head Chef, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
  10. The modern day Gepetto, all know as Brass and Wood
    who's puppet took the easy road that never leads to good
    from Stromboli to the Coachman things went from bad to worse
    the garden withered miserably beneath this foolish curse
    blind to all the obvious by artifice of pride
    the donkey and a carrot on a roller coaster ride
    but on the path, I saw the light and yearned to change my ways
    and with that hope and strength of will I'm seeing brighter days

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Nice plants man! What's going on with them fans??

Chef... With that kind of meal plan...you must be spending some time in the gym or have some goals to accomplish?

Happy Sunday fun day everyone!!

12. Starting up in the gym again, stopped for a year due to shoulder issuers but starting back up again.

Chef.

Head Chefs Indoor and Outdoor Adventures - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-Headchef%27s-indoor-and-outdoor-adventures

13. eesh. my buddy has some shoulder issues. my only issue is they ARENT BIG ENOUGH *flexes*

seriously though, i could stand to put some mass on. 

14. The signs of distress are a sad reflection of my cluelessness but through the inherent hardiness of my unknowns and the patient guidance of a select few who realize the potential beyond my fumbling, things are slowly improving.

500?! you modest mouse.....

i stopped counting a while ago......:eek:

16. ouf.....thats a tuff mod day @yoda