Do you think it is true you can suck up broken glass particules from a broken bong?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by AuZy_BudZ, Feb 21, 2010.

1. ok, yah yah, I admit it. I smoked out of my broken bong for a few weeks until it got worse. but I am waiting for my bong in the mail and it is taking forever. I am mostly a bong guy but I ended up just buying my 2nd bowl (because I sold the last one for an like new 5gen ipod nano+20bucks) and I decided to buy another bowl for a backup. Anyway. I still on some times been smoking out of it. It only had a 2" break on the bottom so I covered it with a rubber glove and tape it and worked for a temp solution. However my friends got weary and said I could be smoking glass particles.

Now. I see this would make sense if it was completely shattered on the bottom if I kept it in there. OR it was made out of the type of glass that gets misty when it breaks. However do to my science wiled nature. I believe that any type of glass particle would be far to heavy to travel with the smoke especially since it has been diluted heavily in the water (As the hole was on the bottom) How could I breath smoke? Even if I stuck some house fiberglass insulation in there I still doubt any type of glass would come from it as the water would weigh it down and won't travel upwards.

What are your thoughts? I don't smoke out of it anymore because it still leaked a little and broke completely in half form moving it around. w.e it sucks but It made me buy a sick bong thats 5mm thick versus this Chinese headshop $35 crap that was less then half of 1mm! I measured the broken hole with a tire gauge :) I guess it was a good bong for the 6months I had it for. for my first one. It was only a 9" and had ice catchers but I guess it was time for her to go. lol.

2. I could understand if like you had part of the bong shatter completely and didnt clean it out before the repair. But if it was a clean, solid break and you cleaned it out (just a water rinse would do it) it should be fine. I have a glued together ashcatcher and a glued together bubbler, I've never really worried about the glass particulates. I've always worried more about my ghetto repairs.

3. Rinse it off, it should be fine.

4. good that is what I figured. lol

5. Wheres Tony Goodstash when you need him :rolleyes: lol

6. oh noez!!! The glass dust!

7. a glass particle will not go up the tube just from the pressure of taking a hit... you need to seriously blast some air through there to get anything moving...

8. Wheres Billys Mays when you need him....oh wait he's doing a line in the bathroom NV.

9. really?

10. lulz.

11. Sorry to bring this back up, but what about if the piece isn't a water piece? It's multiple pieces of glass, but I think the breaks were relatively clean, except a few tiny pieces that broke off. But I've rinsed it out several times, even boiled it.

12. hey to whoever's reading this old ass post with me, cheers, hope you get a new bowl soon

13. XD cheers to you from a year ago! And cheers to the next veiwing comenter! I hope you have a new bad ass bong man!

14. Cheers y'all, hope you got a badass bong, I'm trying to get a heady piece before Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. You guys should probably stop it with the cheersing. Maybe that’s the reason all your glass keeps breaking.

Walking around, hitting your bongs into eachother then wondering if you’re inhaling glass shards.