Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how long does it take for brownies to kick in

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by flintboy292, Feb 21, 2010.

1. I smoke a j, eat a few and recieve the full effects within the hour.

2. I ate one brownie of 25 made with a half ounce of trainwreck. I ate chicken nuggets with the brownie and 2 hours later I have felt little effects. Will it ever kick in?

3. I've smoked daily for nearly 10 years and edibles take about 2-2 1/2 hrs to fully kick in. I always notice that about 1 1/2 hrs in, my hearing (audio response) begins to get wanky ~ I start messing with bass & treble on the stereo...then I realize :p I'm about to be really happy & high. I should tape a note to the stereo...it would keep my hubby from asking who's screwing with his stereo!!! lol

4. Do you happen to be a heavy-set person? I am heavy-set and ate a brownie I made like an hour and a half ago and have yet to feel any effect...

5. yea i just tried my first attempt ever tomake these and i think they came out pretty good .. its like 1:00 here i woke up at 11:30 and went striaght to collecting butter and making these awesome thing i downed a half a 13x9 pan to the head (like 8 reg sized brownies ) i started to feel somthing while i was eating them so i have a feelign im in for a treat

6. also i dident use bud i used sugar leafs and some shade leafs and alot of danky stems but only put them into about 4 sticks of butter and the sugar + shade leafs alone wieghed aroung 55 Gs so im thinking i did it right ( im feeling lifted so):D

7. if u eat to much u will just pass out... it happend to me made some fkin happy brownies (my first time nothing happend) ok so i was high and with the fkin munchies and due to my first time nothign happend i said fuk it and eat the whole fkin shit i start tripping for 10 min then i passed outtttttttttttt like a bitch a fkin waisteeeeeeeee but well.. i just ate happy alfajores!!! i made some cannabutter yesterday couldnt hold it till tomorrow so i said fuk it and eat half of one lets see how they go buy i thing im fkin high right now or getting there maybe coz i was eatinga bit whoile i was coockin ima smoke a lil so i see how the fuk my minds turns around into a silly bear full of sponges

8. such an old thread...well .5g of dank took me 1hr and 15min to kick in but it ranges with my friends from 45min-1.25 hrs (me).

9. ingestion is the slowest way to get high, it could take up to 1 hour or 2 if done correctly some people feel it sooner than others

10. #30 Ganja Ranger, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2015
    I've been smoking a bong everyday for 2 years and now I've made brownies after reading this and timed myself. It took a little under 2 hours to turn the oven up to max and bake the fucking shit out of me right nya. And I think I ate 4-5 0.5 gram ones.
    everyone needs to try this. I just realised my purpose in life guys! This is the best thing ever, of all time.

11. Bro I just ate 3 weed brownies and it's been an hour.
    I don't feel shit

12. My gut is so slow it takes 3 hours for my brownies to work but when they do...damn.

13. It takes me 45 minutes to an hour at most for edibles to hit me. I do buy edibles from a medical dispensary here in California. And I do not eat anything for an hour before taking an edible dose.

14. Depends on your metabolism, for
    Me in about 10-30 minutes
    I'm stoned

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Argh. My metabolism like prevents edibles from having any effect on me. I'm yet to feel a damn thing off a single edible, and I've consumed many. Stuff I've made, stuff friends have made, stuff from a ton of different shops, even a 1000mg candy bar straight to the gut didn't do anything. That's a fuckin gram of THC!!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. #36 Sw33t.candy420, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    I had a couple big pot brownies the other day... Took about an hour to hit me, and by then I'd eaten almost both... I was seriously baked for 10 hrs straight, fell asleep 2 or 3 times and was still stoned off my ass! From my own experience, edibles have a longer lasting high and gives you a better high. Have fun!✌️

17. Damn dude!

18. And why not lolol

19. I just ate my first brownie my sister sent me for christmas.I didnt ask her first how much should i eat lol she replied with WHAT! when i told her i ate a whole one lol she a everyday smoker and said she can only eat a quarter of it lol she said I HOPE YOU DONT HAVE PLANS TODAY!! lol im like nope not now i guess lol just waiting for it to kick in been 30 minutes i suppose..just starting to feel a bit funny now..lol ..ok its been 6 months since ive even had a puff sooo this should be ONE HECK OF A RIDE,BRING IT ON BABY! ;LOL

20. I hate that when I eat edibles then I can't get off for the next few days from smoking.
    It only took half an hour to kick in, but I didn't eat a lot first.

I made some kick ass brownies the other day from BrassNwood's method. I ground up about
    3/4 C of weed in a coffee grinder. shake and bud both- decarbed it in the oven for 40 min at 240 then mixed in 1/3 C of Coconut oil and froze it. After it was frozen solid, I put it in the oven to turn to liquid again. I ate 2 brownies and was all messed up, giggling like a kid with my bf, all evening long. I don't remember going to bed but it was noon before I woke up.