I'm ashamed to call myself an "American."

Discussion in 'Politics' started by thirdworldarmy, Feb 19, 2010.

1. which America are we talking about here north? south? central? j/k I hear ya but instead of griping about everything that's wrong with this country why not try and change something? after all one person can trigger a million thoughts eh?

2. Alright you have valid points, but why meh to the growing hemp part. George Washington grew hemp. Our country use to grow it to help pay for war and such. At least from what I have read. Why not still grow this crop, it could help pay for the militarycost,. Our tax dollars actually go where they should go, into education, and to improve our stability among our communities, make everything a little better...safer... did that even make sense? . I don't know to me that just goes together like lamb and tuna fish..

3. no but damn that wouldve been full circle

4. I plan on being the one, to trigger those thoughts :eek:

5. yea man i want what you want except these things are complicated and even if you think nothing's going on or shits getting worse it's probably not like "america is turning into a 3rd world country," to quote the tea party lol.

i mean like just making communities safer would cost money for police, public programs, lots of urban redevelopment, etc and all the while you need to be putting kids in school and giving them after school programs and shit..

all that would be done by like the city government. then it's like everybody wants to lower taxes but expect the government to do all those things for them.

6. I do feel oppressed. If I went down to the state capital and wanted change in something... I guarantee my words would fall to def ears. My opinion, truly doesn't matter in this country.
    But why should it, I was only born here, and raised here :)

7. We all need to learn how to work as communities again. Help out...I guess I should practice what I preach. I think I'm gonna go volunteer at the food back on Monday if I don't work :hello: That will make me feel better.

Have you all noticed that our problems as Americans is that we "speak" but we don't really "talk" if that makes any sense.

8. I'm going to say this all very simply: I used to think the same thing as you.
    However, I once dated a girl from england/switzerland. Every conversation I start talking & she asks me "wtf is a pipe dream?" "droll?" "provocative?"

After five minutes of conersing with this bitch I would evenually sink into a lower diction.

9. When was the United States known as just America? Its not first off. North America has many possibilities. Some states are sadly, free'er then others.

Take 2 Opposites. California has great emission standards, up to date zoning laws. A decent economy.

Now take WV, where I live. No Emissions, rust holes and smoking cars pass inspection. The economy is incredibly poor here.

The United States is full of many beautiful place, and many lenient places as well. Alaska, you can grow up to a certain amount of weed. Michigan, you can get Medical Marijuana for pain.

Los Angeles. If you have an ounce of talent in writing or acting, you will make it here and be famous.

Name any other country that is like that, and I will back out of this discussion.

10. Our entire society, American and Canadian, is fuckin' corrupt.

It is, or at least, it is definitely not in a state of equilibrium, as I'm sure we're aware.

I would love to peace to Europe, but as it is, Canada isn't that bad. I wouldn't ever go to the States... well, live there. I've been there and it seems pretty nice actually.

Let it be known, that while education may be a wide-open door to your future, it certainly is very corrupt. At least, that's what I'm seeing. I'm studying it, ironically. We've been discussing how unfair the system is. Benefiting those in power. From the get-go, you are labelled and sorted by your teachers based on your socio-economic status, I guess your intelligence, but the line is crossed when they base what kind of education you receive based upon your skin colour and other irrelevant factors that seem discriminating and probably are.

I'm not saying this happens like, all the time to everyone, but it does go on. It does. I don't even want to discuss it really; it pisses me off. Some of TAs and teachers don't even seem like they wanna be teaching us because they know it's bullshit.

My Sociology TA is a god damned Masters student, lol... and he literally gives us exam answers and quiz answers and just doesn't even like give a shit. He's reasearching the participation and involvement of Master's Sociology students in their program, and he's finding that people who don't even participate or raise their hand in lectures or discussions are still achieving 90's, compared to a lot of lower marks from people who DO participate. That's merely an example, and let me tell you, he is PISSED, lol.

SO on that note, uh... if you want, OP, you can leave, hahaha...

11. Then move?

I wouldn't stand up to the government. I rather enjoy living freely.

12. People are always saying shit like " Wake up man, start a revolution! Fuck this corrupt shit we dont need the government!"

but its like this, what would you be creating in replacement? What would you be running from? The 9-5 work days, the millions of humans concerns with their OWN well being and financial security?

Its not America you are against, corruption, greed, violence, hate, war, is EVERYWHERE EVERYWHERE EVERYWHERE.

its not America, it is the human race, the humans natural tendency to hate, lust for power, masculinity, superiority.

Its the human race. And you cant escape, so just keep your mouth shut like the rest of us sheep because it just makes living in this shitty society even worse, nobody is willing to put forth the energy to change things. And even if they did, what would they create in replace of the big bad corrupt government, just another fucking government with a self proclaimed peaceful leader who will eventually alter things to his will!

sheep are sheep are sheep are sheep

13. #33 kent grown bud, Feb 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2010
    im british and believe me we got shit loads of stupid people here!we celebrate them and give them menial jobs like prime minister or if theyre inbred stupid then we call them royalty(only joking marm!!) the rest of the idiots we send over to hollywood!( they soon come back when they realise that they have no talent);)....and dont get me started on the french!

14. Are you talking about the one in Austin, Texas?
    He killed some people, and probably injured more. He crashed into the building at 9am during business hours when everyone was inside.

He may have been fucked over, but slamming your plane into a building full of people isn't a way to deal with problems.

Not a bad guy, eh?

15. All the people saying "then move" should try to apply for citizenship, or hell even a VISA for another country and see how easy it is. Seriously, that argument is so erroneous.

OP, there is nothing you can do about this situation. We sort of dug ourselves into a hole that we can not climb out of.

Sure there are stupid people everywhere, but in my experience there is no stupid like American stupid :wave:

16. Damn I had a really good reply to this thread, but I saw this advert for Monkeyball (Wii) on this banana I'm about to eat and well... I forgot.

17. I think part of the problem you guys over there suffer from is that from day 1 your told all that patriotic land of the free crap and you believe it.
    When you find out it's not really the case your gonna be pissed off.

The British come at it from the other side, we were once all fudal serfs so we look back and appreciate where we have got to.
    If my government went on about how free the British people were all the time then i think we'd be pissed off with taxes and regulations too.

18. I guess you missed the paris riots a few years ago? Rofl... Every country has its problems.

19. really what it's pretty easy to get visas with a us passport

20. If it bothers you that much wouldn't that be the logical step, though? Like, you never know until you try.