Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Fumar Verde's Detailed Firecracker Thread /w Pics

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Fumar Verde, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Thank's for the thread man. I'm going to make some before watching "How to train a dragon" in 3-D With my lady friend on Saturday xD. Should be a good fun high.

2. Yeah they should still be good. Tell us how it goes! :D

No problem buddy, glad to help. I too, am making firecrackers and seeing a 3d movie with my lady friend (I think she wanted to see Clash of the Titans in 3D high). So I will probably be making more Gram Grahams soon.

3. i don't have any organic peanut butter and really dont want to buy some just to make these. if i use kraft peanut butter (8g of fat) and use a SHITLOAD of olive oil (14g of fat per tablespoon) will i be good? should i even bother?

4. Yes you should be fine! Just make sure its not too runny, and make sure its very well mixed in before spreading on the crackers, and you should be good.

5. Going to try these tomorrow..never done edibles before, going to make the Gram Grahm crackers..maybe a few firecrackers.

6. Wow guys... yesterday was amazing.

Made some 1g firecrackers [didnt have Graham crackers but saltines]

350 for 25 mins with roughly a G of some bangin nug.

On top of 6 shots a beer, 3 vaped bowls of purple haze, 2 joints [NUG], 3 bowls [NUG], and 1 bong rip. I could tell the difference when the firecracker kicked in tho. I suddenly was unable to form sentences, walk, or even function.

7. Would you recommend these against brownies? Me and my friend are thinking about making edibles but the gram graham crackers looks might fine..

8. Its up to ya buddy. You'll need more herb to make the brownies if your making cannabutter, than you'll need for a graham gram. I prefer firecrackers simply because its quick, simple, doesnt need alot of herb, and doesnt require a lot of attention/process.

Speaking of, I JUST finished wrapping one of my 4/20 graham grams using the leave out method. This is the FIRST firecracker i made that will be left out. I wont eat it until 4/20, so thats when I will report back. [it has about 9 days to sit]

9. #49 Nathan, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2010
    Im cooking one for 4/20 on friday, it will sit in my room for 4 days.

10. Hi Green Smoker - I posted this to another thread but then remembered yours was the one I found first. So to repeart - First off - thanks for the tutorial! I made a firecracker this past weekend with just Nutella and two graham crackers - I used 1/2 of a smaller bud (sorry, no scale, just a beginner with low tolerance). I cooked at 340 for 24 min, let sit for about 20 min, then chowed down. It was sweet, tasty, and I had a nice high for the next 6 hours!:smoke: I'm not sure that you need any extra oil, as the Nutella lists palm oil as the second ingredient. I didn't use any and it seemed to work just fine. Thanks again!

BD

11. Haha glad to hear it man! Im glad it helped ya and you got a good high off of it! The extra oil is just insurance, because depending on how much herb you add to your firecrackers, you may want more. Better to be safe than sorry is my thinking :D

12. Thanks a lot for this thread. It's very detailed and informative.

I will be making my first firecrackers today and have few questions.

Does mary jane smell after being cooked?

Is 1g enough to get 2 people baked? I am planning on making 2 crackers.

https://www.epiceriedirect.com/lookproduct.php?idpro=4488 Do you recommend a different brand?

Is there a big difference between smoking it and eating it?

13. Great thread I've done these about 3 times - 350 deg @ 15 mins - question: is that too hot why do I read so e people cook at 250 deg? Some people even say that oven temp thAt high can destroy the thc? Is cook time temp / important - should I really add oil?

14. After being cooked, you can smell the MJ a bit but only if you are trained to know what it smells like. This smell is very easily remedied by putting the wrapped firecracker in a plastic sandwhich bag [the ziploc kinds].

2: .5 a person is may be enough to get you reasonably baked. 1G a person is intense!

3: That PB should work just fine! If you are worried about fat content, just add a little bit of canola oil and mix it up well.

4: There is a HUGE difference. With smoking it, you get a very quick onset, around 3-15 minutes within inhalation. That feeling increases over time, but last for about 2-3 hours generally. When you eat firecrackers, it may take over 2 hours for you to feel the effects, but they are stronger and last sometimes up to 7-8 hours! The firecrackers give you more of a body high, but not really a sleepy high, but a tingly high.

350 is perfect and I'll explain why.

If you own a vaporizer with a digital dial, you would know that around 325-350, THC starts to vaporize pretty well. The thing is tho, with firecrackers, the THC is in the plant material, smashed between the peanut butter. This means that the heat will have to first hit the molecules of the peanut butter to heat the MJ. So although 350 is vaping temp theoretically, if you account for the temperature of the peanut butter mixture that will determine how hot the herb gets, 350 is perfect.

The THC wont be "destroyed" until it reaches over 370 really. 392 is when it would be totaled.

Cook time and temperature is extremely important :smoke: If you dont have your timing correctly, you might not be maximizing the potency of your firecracker, or might just mess the whole thing up altogether. 350 for 20-25 is my motto.

And for your final question, it depends. I always say "a little oil wont hurt". I also tend to add oil more often when im making huge batches of firecrackers [like I did yesterday] or when im making Gram Grahams.

15. BTW, This is what 4/20 looks like.

[​IMG]

+ A little bit of hash, and an 8th of some dankity dank dank.

16. Can I make these with spice?
    syntheticcannaboids?

17. not sure tbh since they are synthetic, but with the real deal [which you SHOULD be smoking/eating anyway] you can.

18. Made a batch of 4 tonight using gluten free graham crackers, 1g of dank each, extra coconut oil, and some grated dark chocolate easter bunny ass.

Baked em at 350 for 24 mins. They came out nice and dry and toasty... and quite tasty.

I'm a total light weight so I only chowed half of one at 6:15.

Updates to follow!!

19. just picked up some cinnamon graham crackers. have some jif peanutbutter.
    just need to clarify, cooking these won't make a marijuana smell will it?
    i've read that it makes a peanutbutter smell when cooked, so im hoping to make it whenever my parents are out and about. gonna have a gram for each firecracker :D

20. No marijuana smell at all. Its gonna smell like baked peanut butter.