Potheads obsession with just smoking Blunts? why?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by AuZy_BudZ, Feb 17, 2010.

1. I love smoking blunts, especially when its an actual good flavor, because its much more relaxing than having to light a piece every time a take a hit. But usually I wont put my own weed in a blunt because it is somewhat of a waste. However I will never turn down someone's invitation to smoke on THEIR blunt with THEIR weed in it.

But if I have a lot of weed and I'm by myself or with a friend or two, I like to roll up a blunt, smoke half, and then smoke the rest of the resinated weed out of a bong or a bowl. That way you getthe best of both worlds, and the resinated bud is like twice as potent.

2. Me too! LOL. I don't know about the twice as potent part, but the resin does make it a little more potent.

3. Its all a personal preferance, thats all. You cant convince me bowls are better than blunts. I cant convince you blunts are better than bowls.

4. Co-signed. It's all in your head I think. Blunts, bowls, pipes, joints.... They all get me high.

5. yo, no offense.. but there are prime times where a blunt is a necessity and you should be glad for it.

One, if you're out in the open, smoking a blunt is not as obvious as whipping out a bong and passing it around to 4-5 your friends. And if the police are called to see what you guys are doing you can easily toss that shit anywhere.

Two, do you really want stoned kids handling your bongs, ESPECIALLY TEH GIRLZ (just kidding.) If you have a high quality piece then that's just an accident waiting to happen.

Three, spoons and bubblers are probably something more viable but then again, blunts hit hard/fast, and they give you the impression you're as ghetto as the wu tang clan. :|

Lastly, if you're smoking hedes which you said you were, I think it is silly to be rolling blunts with it, but then again why not just bring your own pipe and pack your own shit in a bowl Lul

6. "And in the long run A honey dutch just costs u more. If your buying them like 2-3 times a day like most ppl do in my area and then times that by 7 and you got $21 bucks for JUST a blunt a week EXCLUDING the bud. "

yea dude i know ALOT of people like this where im from.

7. it doesn't look like you don't like blunts, it seems like you don't have enough money to buy reefers to roll them.

most of the time i like smoking tubes, but sometimes(a few times a week it seems) rolling a 2+gram honey dutch sport just has to happen.

8. well a blunt has tobacco in it so if you smoke them often you start to get an urge to smoke only blunts because of the addictive effects from the tobacco. I smoke blunts quite often now a days but i still use my bongs and bowls all the time :D

9. i don't get how people get addicted to nicotine. there's zero appeal of it to me, maybe once or twice a month i'll go out when someone i'm with smokes and bum one, but never see why people like smoking them?

10. its hard to have a full discussion over it because it all comes down to personal preference. i like smoking blunts because of the act of actual smoking. i think chillin smoking a blunt doing some tricks is chill. but if we are at a house smoking my friends phire knocks us on our asses. most people dont have the privlage of owning high quality glass. and yeah spoons or bubblers are nice but i only like them when im by myself. alot of times friends dont corner the bowl and roast the thing and then just blame it on being high.

in the end i like pieces when we are doing snaps or by myself and blunts when smoking with multiple people. its everyones personal preference.

11. I love smoking blunts but there isn't really a comparison in what gets you higher if you compare a blunt to a bong. My friends from my hometown love smoking blunts and they always used to buy dank $20 bags and would just throw them in a blunt but one time I convinced them to throw the whole g into my 2 foot illy to smoke in the same time frame it normally takes to smoke a blunt and from that point on blunts became more of a thing to smoke when a lot of people are throwin down or if there's a party because they realized how much of a waste it was. If your getting mids or cheap beasters blunts are great though.

12. I have nothing against blunts but most of the people I know here only smoke blunts and nothing beats hitting a bong. And the 20 bag thing is right on

13. blunts are awesome when you pick up like a zip of mids and wanna get reaaaaal high. and yes, i've smoked many many bowls and bong rips of mids but blunts are the way to go. That's always in New England though (damn brick weed). here I never get weed that's not heady, and no one ever wants to smoke a blunt except for the occasional cigarllo (1-1.5g max). past that it's wasteful, and we have a bong, vape, bub, and large bowl to use. Can't say bongs aren't wasteful too though. (technically they're the most wasteful way to smoke). plus they're hard to transport and I wouldn't want people using my glass alll the time either

14. This is how I see it.

I have $5 dollars in my pocket. With the amount of weed I get here in LA, I can roll a nice swisher blunt for $15, but i only have 5!

So i call billy and josh up, ey, you wanna smo???

Like the poor, cheap kids they are, they only have $5 as well lol. Now, instead of packing a little $5 nug in the pipe and calling it a day, we can all put our weed together in a blunt and possibly get even higher. And yeah, it is more "chill" than just watching them pack a bowl and smoking it in 2 seconds. I like heading out to the backyard rolling the blunt and hanging out there smoking away.

It all depends on how you hit it also, I found days where I got higher off a blunt and some days i got higher off my bong.

But, even with all that said, I think everyone should have their own "piece" like a bubbler or a spoon, where we can all just pack our stuff up little by little and it would be just as "chill" as a blunt. Unfortunately not everyone has their own piece.

Blunts fuck my throat up

15. Major props for being for "Blunt". i know just how you feel, i love my bong, i love my pipes, and blunts and joints suck. your smoking dangerous stuff. u should just be getting the herb.

16. every rap song mentions blunt smoking.

people probably didn't use a bong till they heard Hit's from the bong -cypress hill.

17. yea I used to smoke bowls and bowls and bowls with my buddies. Eventually they grew a mad tolerance for bud while I kept my act in control. Now, they only like to smoke blunts because the blunts gets them higher. They would much rather throw 1.2 grams into a blunt, smoke it with 2-3 ppl and get high versus smoking a bowl or 2. Yea more weed is blown on the blunt but its more convenient to smoke 1.2 grams outta blunt than a bowl feel my drift?

I must agree, blunts are way more chill and social because all you gotta do is hit it and pass it. Bowls can sometimes suck if its breezy out cuz everyone's gotta light the bowl...

my 2 cents

18. Yeah, most of the people I hang out with like to smoke at least 1 a session. When that happens a friend and I who both don't enjoy them often go make a gravbong.

19. ya dude i know exactly what you mean. all my boys love smoking blunts cause they say its way more chill. granted none of them own any good bongs so when i smoke the blunt i get buzzed, they're all like im ripped right now, then i dip and go home and get ripped off my zong.

complete waste of bud cause most kids can't even hit it right and they watch all the smoke fly off the end of the blunt.

20. Exaccccccccccccccccctly

:smoking: