Vodka In Place of Bong Water?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by philliesdaone, Feb 16, 2010.

1. If anything it will be less potent as the alcohol will dissolve and wash away some of the surface trichomes.

I thought it was common knowledge that alcohol evaporates. I don't understand how anyone could think it would make it better.

2. i like trying new things but thanks for the info

oh and to the you tube video

did he fucken throw more alcohol on him???

3. When you drink alcohol, it goes through your liver before going to your blood stream. As it passes through your liver, your liver breaks it down a bit... So you're not getting the full effect.

SOME substances work better when you inhale them or insert them rectally. SOME substances, when you inhale/rectally take them, go straight into your blood stream before going through your liver... So you get a much stronger effect.

HOWEVER - Inhaling alcohol fumes is DANGEROUS. It should not be done. EVER.

You can most definitely get drunk from inhaling alcohol vapors. It's sooooooo bad for you, but it IS possible.

I take it you've never made QWISO, or any other form of extraction, have you?

Yes - when you're making green dragon, and just let the weed sit/soak in alcohol, without moving it around at all, it can take a long time for the THC to leech into the alcohol... BUT... When you're shaking it up, moving it around, and there's significant aeration taking place... It doesn't take long at all.

When you make QWISO, you've pretty much dissolved all the THC into the alcohol in about 30 seconds.

Only if there's enough alcohol in it for it to be flammable. 80 proof isn't flammable. It has to be 100 proof (50% by volume) or more for it to catch on fire.

4. #45 Acid Raindrops, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2010
    I have made QWISO and done various extraction of not just marijuana.
    There's a difference between 151 rum and ISO, though. I'm just trying to point out how pointless this is.
    I'm sure you can get intoxicated off inhaling alcohol vapors, but I was nulling it out, because it ain't gonna do any good in a bong or good for anything really to be inhaling it, like you said.
    When I was referring to flammability I was more referring to 160-190 proof everclear, I was up late last night, lol.

5. Don't do it.

6. ...who would do this just use water :D or be super cool and used "flavored water". i used g2 before and when you inhale you get a taste of it but after awhile its nastyyyy

7. Nice man. Makes more sense now. Thanks for clearin that up, lol. :)

8. My friend mentioned this last night; fill the bong with vodka and take a hit. I thought this sounded pretty intense, taking a hit whilst inhaling vodka vapors. My friends tried it and were all fine. 1 person was a 1st time smoker and even he was fine. I then took a hit and found it was smoother and had a sweeter taste to the hit. I didn´t feel drunk nor feel any type of effect from the vodka other than the aforementioned sweet taste.
    IMO it´s a waste of vodka but to each his own I guess. It was an experiment that fortunately went without hitches.

9. Only like high schoolers and stupid college kids put vodka in their bongs. First off your wasting weed and water, and the alcohol buzz isn't the same as drinking it. Stupid shit.

10. I keep a bong filled with vodka in my freezer. The temp in my freezer gets down to about -15. That's cold enough to freeze the liquid solid.
    It warms just enough to turn back into liquid form after being removed from the freezer for about a minute.
    The whole point of using vodka, for me, is to get the temp of the bong liquid as cold as possible.

I don't notice any THC deficiency, (I get good and high from the usual amount.) and 40% alcohol isn't flammable enough to worry that the liquid will ignite.
    It works.
    It works well.