Vodka In Place of Bong Water?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by philliesdaone, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Lmao. DO IT! but use everclear or 151. Everyone loves the feeling of inhaling alcohol vapors. Really smooth on the lungs n throat just like when u drink it;). You should also film it happening so we can all watch the smoothness.

2. evidence, its common knowledge man, ethyl alcohol boils at like 75* c, it evaporates very quickly at room temperatures and pressures, especially if its aerated (or aerated with hot smoke), and your lungs are way more efficient at carrying the substance to your brain. this guy thinks so too:

3. that guy sounds like he KNOWS so. this isn't something id ever try btw just seems like a waste of everything to me. but yea i didnt get the whole liver bypassing thing. thats pretty sweet.

4. lol!!!!!!!!

5. ew man, i wouldn't ever do that.
    but once a friend of mine and i used pink lemonade as bong water and it was actually really nice :bongin:

6. Unless you are goin to drink the vodka after you smoke I dont see the point, and even then I think is a bad idea all together.

7. If you use vodka, you can let it sit out in a glass pan and evaporate. The stuff that remains in the dish after all the alcohol dries up probably contains a significant amount of thc resin that can be re-smoked.

8. #28 Acid Raindrops, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2010
    Resin tastes like crap, the extra THC you're getting in the water from using alcohol, could had been in your lungs if you used water, and the hit would had tasted a hell of a lot better then smoking resin that's been sitting in brown vodka and ash.

You'll get a lot more buzzed off drinking that vodka then inhaling a few vaporized fumes, really you probably won't even notice the vodka level go down a millimeter after 5 sessions, that's because all that alcohol is still in the bong, and is now brown and has pieces of ash in it... (So I'm calling placebo)

Idk about you guys but I like the taste and smell of my combusted bud and like that smell and taste to be as pure as possible, that's why I use pure water. Alcohol and marijuana are a good mix, but some people take it too far, lol.

9. put water in the bong and the vodka in some cranberry juice and have a much better experience....i even seen a guy saying pack the bong with snow makes more since than putting liquor in it

10. #30 Walter Cronkite, Feb 16, 2010

You are forgetting that THC resin is highly soluble in alcohol, much more so than the other particulates usually collected by water filtration. So you have a higher active ingredient-to-junk ratio, which means it wont be like smoking normal resin.

And as far as ash, you would filter the bong vodka before you evaporated, remove all solid particulates since the thc is dissolved.

11. #31 Acid Raindrops, Feb 16, 2010
    No, I wrote that post with knowledge of THC resin being soluble in alcohol, this resin of course contains the THC and cannaboids which some will be lost to the alcohol you are right. But the alcohol is probably also absorbing more nasty tar and carcinogens that'll be in your THC resin and the ratio is the same.

There is has been studies to show how long it takes THC/cannaboids from plain plant material to dissolve in alcohol (about a good month, using 190 proof everclear), who knows how much long it takes smoke, maybe the alcohol is absorbing very little, maybe a lot.. the smoke isn't in the alcohol for long at all.

But the point is, the ratio is probably the same, now you have to strain nasty resin out of vodka to set out to dry, which mind you I don't care for the taste of resin in the first place, I like the taste of combusted buds, you could had saved a lot of hassle and just took a nice pure tasting hit of THC/cannaboids/carcinogens to the dome while letting the water absorb SOME of the carcinogens, which it does and very little THC/cannaboids.

12. This screams alcohol poisoning..

13. water man use water.

but here i have a GREAT idea.

smoke said weed in said bong.
    drink said vodka after?

i think this will work :rolleyes:

14. yeah, lol. the alcohol will absorb the thc, so you're getting less weed. and your obviously not gonna get as much alcohol as if you drink it. maybe if you have enough cash to waste vodka and weed, give it a try, but as was mentioned before, for your health you probably don't want to do it often.

15. so wait...
    what if
    you hooked a vacuum up to the mouthpeice of a bong, and used the alcohol in place of water. You basically make the vacuum take the bong hits, then take the alcohol and strain it.
    Drink it...you get drunk and high?

am i just really high or does this make sense? :3

16. The vacuum is going to get higher then you because it's the one takin' all the smoke... Alcohol in the bong or not, lol. and that's just nasty, even if you strained it. :D

If you want to get drunk and high 'literally' simultaneously just get a bottle of 151 rum or everclear and a half o of weed and grind it up and put it in the bottle and let it sit for a minimum of 2 weeks to a month shaking it every day then strain it. :smoking:

17. one question
    i dont want to start a thread
    but if i dip my weed in alcohol and let it sit there for about 4 hours and then let it dry for a day and smoke it
    will it be awesome?

18. uhh wont that shit catch on fire?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tulmLVLd48A"]YouTube- Rum Shot Gone Wrong[/ame]

19. #39 Acid Raindrops, Feb 16, 2010
    The alcohol on the bud I'm guessing will evaporate, probably drying the moisture out of your bud and then you'll smoke it and it'll be a harsh smoke as well as burn faster. Alcohol dehydrates things... and it's also flammable, there's no benefit to your bud being dried out with alcohol vapors on it.. there's no benefit to smoking alcohol at all, or filtering weed smoke through alcohol.

(Oh and drinking that alcohol your bud had been sitting will be pointless too, it'll take a lot longer then that to extract the THC from it)

1) Make some green dragon

2) Smoke your weed, drink your alcohol separately.

:confused: (Unsubscribes to thread lol)

20. I put Corona in a bong once smoked it, I was really super durnk with some buddies. It was ghey as fuck to be honest.