Official Weed Star Thread

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by RMJL, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Okay well that was enough for me to go for it and place the order. I feel like I'm taking a gamble here but fuck it, I'll put my trust in WS* and give them a chance.

2. Ziggi, my theory is if you make a 7mm messias, with no carb hole, and one 6 open armed tree perc..... you will instantly sell a bunch by the sounds of things.

3. I'm curious, though. As I'm sure many people have encountered: sometimes dropstems are less than willing to to "disconnect" from the bong. Could this be a problem for the removable percolator as well? Sometimes a little water on the ground glass joint makes for a tough removal of dropstems; and I can't imagine the frustration one may encounter attempting to remove the percolator if she's a little wet.

4. Yeah, that happened with the Mad Scientist. It water locks, and is a real bitch

5. hey el brossidente, the 7mm messias have no carb hole, and jes i will make some open 6 arm percs bongs next. just as option for you guys.. becouse you know my base is europe and our smoking kulutre is a little bit diffrent. ;) and that is also the reason why the most of my bowls have these huge holes.. watch this video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt1JGDm62Fo"]YouTube - weedstar - inline precooler 2.0 review and diffrent glass bowl sizesby ziggi jackson[/ame]

and for those people how dont like the name of the brand weedstar* I cant help you look for another brand ...

6. i feel the same way. IMO i believe he would sell quite a few. shit i may even pick up one myself; who knows?

7. Ziggi, the first 2 bowls you hold up, the one on the right, that's the style I like. No gauze, pack snipped herb in there, burn it and snap the cone. I've noticed you smoke differently, and you like to leave the ash burnt in the bowl, or use the carb to clear it. I think like you say, it's just a lot of cultural difference.

But yeah, I basically haven't used the 18 bowl that came with my Fat joe. It's got a 18.8 - 14.5 stem in it, all my bowls and ash catchers are 14.5 atm.

I liked the look of the glass cube bowl. That one looked like it had a great snap hole.

8. i dont understand that snapping thing

i mean i clean my glass everyday but i dont want the ash to be sucked in the water man thats gross imo

i have somy american made slides and they create a lot of drag, so much drag i dont like to smoke the bowls

i like bowls with a bigger hole

i laso put a stainless steel screen in it that no ash is going into the water

i hate when that happens, sometimes it travels and gets stuck in teh perc chambers when somebody wants to smoke a snapper

@ ziggi
    open ended percs
    more arms
    reinforced arms, maybe attached to the bottom or to the tree in the middle
    flame polished slits
    smaller bowl(i like the hole size but who is smoking 2 grams at once?)
    more of your own ideas, maybe do a poll in your forum or produce test tubes for the forummembers(haha i kow what youre thinking man haha)

a ZIGGI Jackson Bowl would be dope

fixed stem - i dont like them they are chuggy but thats all in my opinion

combined with soething that diffuses a disc or a waffle perc or a inverted perc - that would be great

9. i like both these ideas... you can use this forum to get feedback on new stuff (obviously).... i would like to see some new designs showcased on GC, it would be cool.

a fixed stem weedstar would be cool too

10. Well seeing I was tight on money and wanted a bong I actually ordered a Weed Star Messias Illusion Baby Bitch (lols name), a Weed Star diffuser, and a Weed Star Inline Pre-cooler.

I'll tell you all how it turns out once I get it.

FYI it was all $110 dollars with shipping so I have to say it's a pretty good deal, I'll just have to be very careful with it.

11. Ash in the water doesn't bother me, I clean it a lot. I like the pressure release of a snap, instead of a constant hollow hit. It's all personal preference, but the option or at least guide to the size should be there.

I agree with the bowl sizes tho. You need to pack like a 0.5 spun hit just to decently cover the surface and create a burnable mound.

Anyone else find it weird how Ziggi snaps full nuggets off to put in the bowls? No snipping? That must waste SO much! Nuggets don't burn up.

12. Just out of curiosity...

For the people recommending reinforced percs with more arms, open ended, better welds, etc... Are you all willing to pay a decent amount more money for all that? :p

I just figure... probably the biggest attraction for Weed Star is their low prices.
    If they were to fulfill all these wishes and make the kind of bong you folks recommend, I'd imagine it would be getting close to (or equaling) the price of more expensive name-brand pieces.
    Which kind of seems like it would eliminate the point of having a cheaper alternative. ;)

Just wondering! :smoking:

13. i just ordered a weedstar* inline pre-cooler, and i was wondering how good it is quality-wise that is. any feedback would be greatly appreciated. thanks

14. #54 toalex89, Feb 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2010
    When compared to an american inline (hops for example) they are garbage, they will get the "job" done in terms of getting you high.

This for example should be able to be cleared in one breath, the guy also speeds the video up at points so it makes it look like it doesn't drag as much pretty funny.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD7P_MeBwNc]YouTube - Weed Star* Inline Green von Win an Inline Contest[/ame]

The way ziggy can fix his inline is by making the inline chamber bigger and putting better quality fire polished slits on the inline.

Here's what a guy said on here
    http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/451604-help-inline.html

15. So you're saying, when a weed star inline is compared to an inline worth at least $50 more.... it's not as good?

16. The price shouldn't be THAT Much more. to make a bridge takes like 3c worth of glass. 5 feet of tubing to make perc arms with is less than $2. Thicker joints... $4 instead of $2.50 for uber instead of chinese. for $6, they could go balls out and get UST joints. The miniscule amount of glass used to make the welds better is just so insignificant it can't even be figured into this. Open arms shouldn't be a problem AT ALL. An open perc is just as easy to make as a closed one. They shouldn't even take that much longer to make if time is being figured into this expense, except the time he needs to take out to ensure 100% proper annealing.

I got these figures off an AMERICAN glass website. I might be a little misguided, as I've never been behind the torch (except for a marble and pendant i made one time), but I think most of that is pretty accurate.

I'd be MORE THAN WILLING to pay the $10-$20 price increase to make these improvements. And TBH if the increase is more than $10-$20, then ziggi would be inflating his profit IMO.

17. Hey Ziggi,

I can offer my honest opinion because i have owned 2 weedstar products including a 2 foot double tree perc and a 2 foot strait tube. I know alot of people hate on weedstar but i needed a good daily driver that wouldn't make me cry if i broke it lol so you do offer a deal with a decent product and a good price....but both products i have ordered came with slides that had bowl holes so big that they were unuseable and that is frustrating(really frustrating lol) so honestly focus on the little stuff and keep offering decent products at great prices :) my 2 cents

18. Thank you for repeating what he just said :rolleyes:

19. reinforcing percs would be more money.... im not sure that making the trees open ended will cost money;)

20. .... thank you for missing the point that I was sarcastically summerising an obvious fact.