Official Weed Star Thread

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by RMJL, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Ziggi's new video pretty much says everything. He takes a nice hit out of both, DROPS both, and they're fine. What more can people want? It's logic.... 5 armed percs vs 3 armed.... THEY COST MORE.

Great to see this thread being moderated.

Ziggi, I bought a Fat Joe a while ago. It's been awesome. All my friends love it.

The main problem I have with Weedstar is the bowl hole sizes. They are HUGE! I think this also is what the carb holes are for, as you don't snap the bowls. This is also my theory to the "WTF IS WITH THE CARB HOLE?!" mentality.

In Australia, the common thing is little brass cones. You pack a hit, burn it and suck it through, then take the carb/shotty off.

Packing a bowl with a big hole and a gauze, the hit doesn't snap. No pressure builds, it's airy the whole time. It is a lot easier and nicer to carb this tyle of hit.... but I don't like this style of hit!

Make more bowls with holes like Molino bowls, small enough so you pack on top of them without a gauze, and they snap into the water when burnt up.

On that topic, I think either a free meteor gauze should come with any bongs that come with bowls needing them OR, a really big blatant warning before buying, letting people know the bowl will be basically useless without a gauze.

Keep up the good work Ziggi! I honestly don't know what else people want when you're on here actually asking people directly what they want you to make! It's awesome!

2. Totally agree about the bowl sizes especially from what I've heard. (or including meteors with the turbo ones)

Im glad we can stop all the bashing and get to real constructive critisicm.
    I have a weed star inline bong on the way, so curious to test that out and will be posting my comments, pics etc.

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDhW9uMb8so]YouTube - Weed Star inline bong[/ame]

By what i have notice with the bong is the welds are all whack, glass is thin but for the price thin is expected, and its not terribly thin either lol. I think a focus should be on improving Welds Ziggi :cool:

4. #24 bharminder, Feb 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2010
    Ziggi, make glass hookahs!

Thanks

edit, and bent neck tubes

5. i would consider weed star as a company for a straight tube, sure... maybe (depending on how it hit) the inline....

but my biggest problem with WeedStar is the logo.... its terrible...the "weed star" name is an obstacle in its self to over come because who wants a bong in their house that says WEED right on the side let alone in big bold letters:rolleyes:... add some class, spruce up your look

..............the dumb beads at the top of the perc'd tubes... big flashy weed star, red, green and blue labels..... Stupid joint types... carb holes....

this is why i HAVE NOT considered Weedstar.... because i feel like their tubes lack class and uniqueness... they look mass produced because they are... throw in some worked sections and new labels... spruce that shit up man... make a Weedstar tube WORTH having.

6. I like the idea of this thread and constructive criticism, however I haven't tried out any weed star glass so I have nothing to input.

Good luck though, Ziggi.

7. Just bought my WS (not wicked sands for you glass heads) Straight tube, 5mm, 18.8 joint, ice pinches with their 4-arm pre-cooler. i honestly choose this because it is a good value. Yes, quality could be better but for a person whom is on a budget its not bad at all. I'm very fragile with my glass so im sure just a little TLC and non-clumsy hands, everything should be good. When i get the tube, i will review it, until then....... smoke on blades

8. I'm sorry about the other thread, I take my share of the blame for it, just got out of hand. But what you guys are forgetting is that Weedstar's target market is the cheap bong game, if they start making high end bongs then they're going to start charging high end prices. They are for people who either don't, or can't pay for high end tubes.

But if Ziggi could keep his prices down and still improve quality, then go for it. :)

9. ^^ Yeah, and to be honest its mostly design and functionality issues so all he has to do is fix the design, I don't necessarily see that as being a high added cost.

I mean its one thing to expect them to open their perc holes up and another to expect to change materials and the glass tubing

10. I've got a feeling Ziggi will be making open ended percs soon. It's all everyone has constantly asked for so far.

Seems like an easy fix to me! Chop the ends off instead of putting a slit. Done, hundreads more happy/happier customers.

11. Ziggi, here's some ways to make weedstar better.

-in your perc ashcatchers, put the arms closer together going down the very middle of the tube, not spaced out along the walls

-in your inlines, use a shorter diffuser, with a thick but wide can. maybe a 38mm or so bore can, with a 25mm or so bore diffuser. they'd also look a lot cleaner with slits instead of holes. also the first bubble going up needs to be REALLY wide, to catch spash. look at wood's, then look at yours, you'll see what i mean.

-really really want to see more arms on the trees, with open ends

-thicker joints with thicker welds. get some german bistabil or uber joints, and be generous with your welds to make sure no part of the joint is thin.

-maybe a fixed stem or stemless tube (don't stop with an inline tube)

-more straights, less bubbles and beakers.

-splash guards on perc tubes

12. yes, they will, working on that. SJ

13. [​IMG]

• 55cm tall and 7mm thick glass, this flagship Weed Star Series Messias Illusion Ice bong, features a 3-arm Tree Percolator and also a Colored Dome Percolator above it for a super smooth smoking experience.
    • The beaker base is sturdy and the ‘Tankcut' joints on the bong and downtube are extra strong to withstand drops on hard floors or surfaces that thinner joints wouldn't. Ice notches above the Dome Percolator allow for the addition of smoke-cooling ice cubes.
      This 7mm Messias Illusion Ice from Weed Star is one of the best percolator bongs for the given price.
    • Buy it here

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U9ZBhApsrw]YouTube - NEW Bong WS Messias Illusion Color Perc 7mm Milk Mang Milk Shot[/ame]

14. 1st thing I can say is let's your company mature change the name of it make "weed star" a collection but give the company a more mature attention catchin name and if your going to build a perc bong at least focus on reinforcing The percs if u have to make 1 thing quality make the percs quality

15. if you open the ends of the percs, i would consider buying one...

16. i bought one, its worth the money. Not alot of drag, hell none if you dont use the diffuser and use proper water levels. but its very thin and wack welds, they are ok but still whack....
    YouTube - Kanaal van D131CANUCK
    I have a couple vids with the inline right now haha

17. :devious:whyd you have to break that perfectly good bong?

...nice hair hahahha

cool bongs

18. ive actually been thinking about getting one of his inlines for a party bong... i still believe Ziggy needs to start putting in quality trees and quality welds.. the tree's might raise the price a little but i dont seeing them going up that much from that.. another thing is the welds, the welds ive seen from Ziggy and his crew are shotty, they might hold up well but they look like shit and are thin. a thicker and better weld shouldnt drive the cost because thats something that should be a selling point of any piece... you dont want the weld seperating on your piece, no matter what you paid for it.