Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

The truth behind outdoor harvest dates

• Please log in to reply

jokaankit

jokaankit

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
I was wondering how to figure out/estimate the harvest date of strains online in your outdoor enviromnent. Will plants adjust slightly to the light schedule present in its enviromnent and be ready for harvest earlier/later? It's obvious a person living in a cold climate shouldnt go for slow flowering Mexican/Thai/Indian sativas. Now would a strain that flowers quick(6-8 weeks), with a harvest date close to frost date adjust say 10-15 days?

Often times harvest dates on seed banks reflect different geographic locations.
Will a strain that harvests in October at holland have an earlier harvest in a warmer climate?

I'm guessing when selecting strains, one must really take flowering period compare and contrast, then look at harvest dates and then approximate the variance in location to get a decent approximation.

This information is also primarily useful for "true Breeds", and not as accurate for hybrids correct(as phenos arent as uniform)?

Im at 40"latitude so im looking for a quick finishing strainmy frost date is Oct 09 so obviuously i need something to finish before then.

I'm trying to solve my problems while helping others that are having similar trouble.

Strains i have selected for my area are: BubbleGum, Mighty Might, Guerilla gold, NL, and of course Barney's Farm LSD.

I've heard mixed things from people on the forum and its causing great confusion.

-Hope this might clear things up peace:smoke:

jokaankit

jokaankit

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
No one? any suggestions? LSD and Mandocino Madness are among my top pics. I also had a brading question if anyone had any insight on the matter, would crossing a potent autoflowering strain with LSD be better or Mandorino Madness. LSD is definitely more genetically stable, but i doubt its ready for harvest in the time its listed at(mid-September). Mandorino Madness has some cinderella 99 in there so crossing it with a female lowryder(will result in some fast finishing plants with some autofloweres). While a male autoflowering strain will produce some 70% autoflowers?

Guest_Izubibbywutz_*

Guest_Izubibbywutz_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
I grow fine on the 40 lat - even though the frost just take them inside or tarp them on your property. If not look at some plants that can take cold tempertures.

jokaankit

jokaankit

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

I grow fine on the 40 lat - even though the frost just take them inside or tarp them on your property. If not look at some plants that can take cold tempertures.

So what temp am i looking at for frost temps Steady 32? I live in a humid climate September averages at 78. So what strain would you all recommend?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users