"AllGood's Growin' Whatever!"

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Allgood32, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Airstones:mad:..a 12" won't fit in a bb.I think the question should be proper flow.What the hell that is i have no idea.I'm reloading buckets and had better come up with a plan fast.

2. Grow date -2/12/10 - Checked on the kids today and I think I see some deficiencies. Here are my readings for today - ph 6.0/ppm 420-560 still. I calibrated my ph meter to make sure it was working right.
    When they first went into the buckets kid 2 looked to be the stronger one, kid 1 has started to speed up. So here are some pics showing whats going on

Kid 1 day 11
    kid 1 day 11.jpg

Kid 1 deficiency sign (#1) This is the only leaf that looks this way. Kid 2 also has just 1too.
    kid 1 day 11 def.jpg

Kid 1 deficiency sign (#2) I think some nute water got on this leaf cause its the only one with it.
    kid 1 day 11 def 2.jpg

Kid 2 is starting to lag behind.
    kid 2 day 11.jpg

Kid 2 deficiency sign. This leaf doesn't just have some yellowing, it also has brown spots. A couple of other leaves have the same spots.
    kid 2 day 11 def.jpg

So good people of the GC, looks like I'm having some issues. Funny thing with these deficiency signs, some looks the same as others! I'm about to go throw this site (Marijuana Plant Abuse) to see it I can figure it out.

Does anyone have some advice??!!??

3. Hey those leaves look familiar..... Exactly what my White Castle has been doing. I would say you should go get some MagiCal or CalMag. Both the same thing just different manuf.

I think that is what my problem was/still is.

4. Not sure what your plants have going on. I would look towards Potasium maybe or Phosphuros both can be locked out with a ph in the 6's.

5. I would say to drop your pH down to 5.8 or so and se if that helps but I think you should be fine.

6. #46 Allgood32, Feb 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2010
    I seen this yesterday. I look at those girls at least 4 times a day, can't help it. Very exciting :D. I read what BSlinger said about ph on thinkin's thread, so I took that advice. Doesn't seem like they like the 6 range. For the first 5 days I was at 5.6

I KNEW THAT :eek:! I usually can keep up with your updates but work/new business has been kickin' my tail for the past week, interfering with my update time:mad:! The internet is slow as hell on my phone when I'm at work so I read what I can.

I'm due to change my water anyway. So per you guy's suggestions I will lower my ph to 5.7/5.8 and some CalMag and see what happens.

Thanks fellas :wave:

7. OK...i'll chime in....nutes,nutes,nutes,,,,did i say it was nutes?Dudes,,99% of the time {other than dope eating bugs} its allways a nute issue.85% of the time its too much..one of the biggest probs is pre mix soil.Its the same in water..running too hot.Boys..sometimes ya gotta say fk the ph meter,,fk the trunguen stick and just grow the plant.The plant will tell you what it wants.Look at the leaves..too green too much N,,,leaf curl..too much N..Rust,,,too much N..The wrong leaf count..too much N.If my ph is 5.8 -6.2 please,,that as good as im gonna get.I have found ph to be stable with nutes.Most of the problems i have seen is that ppl over load young plants,,as is this case i think.This is what i do now,,,i take 4 gal,,measured,i add 10m and 20b..thats half and i go from there.The plant will tell you what it likes to drink.Sometimes ..ya just have to farm:rolleyes:

8. Understood. I will def dilute the solution and add as I go. Using my res is important for checking on things. I'm using about 10.5 gals of water. So I will use a half strength solution and go from there. Thanks for that lesson seal. I won't forget that on my next run!

9. Fish in the box:p

Attached Files:

10. Grow date 2/15/10 - Well the kids are no longer little kids. They've grown to young girls now! So today was water change day(first one). Following advice, I'm only using 80% strength nutes. Since I'm using 10.5 gals of water, here's what I put in - 0/40/80. My readings are ph 5.8/ppm 545. Decided not to use any CalMag right off. I want to see how they respond to the ph adjustment and ppm change.

Picture time!

This is how I fill my system
    nutes-adding.jpg

This is a shot of the set up under the cart. Simply hooked up some pvc so I can shut it on/off. Since I don't have an RO machine(yet:devious:) I fill it with filtered water, balance it and use that to fill the system between water changes.
    nute delivery system.jpg

girl 1 day 15
    girl 1 day 15.jpg

Here's a top shot of girl 1
    girl 1 day 15 top.jpg

Roots look healthy
    girl 1 day 15 roots.jpg

Here's a shot of some of her new growth
    girl 1 day 15 new growth.jpg

girl 2 day 15
    girl 2 day 15.jpg

Top shot of girl 2
    girl 2 day 15 top.jpg

The root system looks strong but that brown stuff right below the pot worries me :confused:
    girl 2 day 15 roots.jpg

Shot of girl 2's new growth
    girl 2 day 15 new growth.jpg

11. lookin great over here bro!

12. Thanks for the kind words GH! Trying to keep up wit you bro!

13. Keep up? Shooooot, you'll be passin by me in no time runnin that dwc bucket:smoking::wave:

14. This DWC style is exciting to a noob like me! Check out the rate of growth
    growth comparison.jpg

15. I know, it's crazy fast. In another 15 days your plants will probably be bigger than mine

16. I'm hoping for the best. I wanted to do hydro for the fast learning curve! The challenge is going to be the screen. Judging for the mother plant they won't bush much. So I'm gonna have to tie them down early so they can spread.

17. Man looks super sweet, I'm taking notes for hydro project Im planning for summer... Everything is looking great! Def subscribed :)

18. #58 CriTTer80, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2010
    Nice set up!! Im pulling up a chair for this one Gotta have this knowledge befor i go hydro :) {edit}...well built a bucket like urs quick question do i leave the air pump on 24/7 or on a timer for new cutting to root?

19. I generally top my plants once at the 5th internode to encourage branching.

20. Nutes look a bit hot...bottom pic leaf @ 3 o'clock,,a bit of fry..ppm check.I know you have a stick.The other point on over nutes...leaf count.I see 3 leaf sets,i'm thinking that should have 5.I have had clones do the 3 leaf thing for a bit and then go back to a 5 leaf set.Goody..this is going to happen,,all the time.This is why i told you not to do blueberry on the 1st set.As a plant gains age and size it can take more nutes.How much nutes to use per strain is the hardest thing about growing.There is nothing worse than having 3 months in the shitter after i over fed a plant.Ive done it..the thing is in a bb they fry faster.In 2 days my foxtail blueberry turned into straw..The thing about your sig..learn from the mistakes,,,,im the old guy thats still making them:cool:..Your looking good,this is minor stuff so far.Seeing that i'm running my mouth i'll say this.Its your grow..dont listen to old fools:p,,Its YOUR grow.:D.This old fool says have a check for mites,gifted clones,,,the gift that keeps giving:(