"AllGood's Growin' Whatever!"

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Allgood32, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Hey...new growth yet?How much water did you add after the pulled gal?

2. #22 Allgood32, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2010

I fixed it! I had to uninstall then reinstall......what a freakin pain! Well worth it though :)

Those Damn Demons!!! I fixed those little bastards! Bye Bye Demons :wave:

HELL YEAH I GOT NEW GROWTH!!!! I put back a gal then balanced the water to ph 6.0.

Grow date 2/9/10 - Well, had some software issues yesterday but I got it together now :).

When I checked the kids yesterday - kid 1 ph 6.3/ppm 420-560, kid 2 ph 6.1/ppm 420-560. I adjusted both back down to ph 6.0. It tool 1ml ph down for kid 1 and 1/2 ml ph down for kid 2.

Here are todays pics..........

Kid 1 seems to be doing the best
    kid1 side.jpg
    Roots look nice and healthy
    kid1 roots.jpg
    Kid 2 is the stubborn child :mad:
    kid2 side.jpg
    This is a top view of kid 2. Got some curling going on here
    kid2 top.jpg
    This is a closer look
    kid2 leaf curl.jpg
    Kid 2's root growth is exploding right now!
    kid2 roots.jpg
    This is a closer look at kid 2's roots. Notice the brown stuff? Does anyone have some insite on this??
    kid2 roots with brown stuff.jpg

Ambient temp is holding at 73.6 degrees. When I checked the ph today, they both were at 6.0

I also noticed some spots on one of the leaves of kid 2. Since my camera sucks I can't get a good close-up(gonna fix that soon).

Here's a site that gets detailed about deficiencies (I know you experienced guys already seen this, but it may help a visitor :))-Marijuana Plant Abuse

3. Those are some really great pics man. I gotta get a new camera so bad, it's pathetic. The camera's a good one, but some rechargeable batteries fried the flash along w/ some other options.
    Crazy shit, it like sparked, turning my camera into a fawkin TASER!!:eek:

ANYWAYZ,... I think the roots look good, but I'm no DWC dude. Plants are lush green. keep it up!:wave:

4. Thanks for the kind words.
    :laughing: That's CRAZY, I fried a camera a few months ago :laughing: When I pressed the button to focus the lens, damn thing started doing the glitchy robot move and started smoking!

5. Looking good! Roots grow crazy fast dont they! :smoking:

Why ph 6.0? 5.8 is supposedly best for hydro. I keep mine 5.5 - 5.8.

6. Those looks like excellent LST and scrog candidates.

7. #28 uwill3, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2010
    weird... I typed a quick post, came back and refreshed and you had an update and other posts... anyways guess you already reinstalled haha ;)

superthrive helps w/ browning roots.

8. Don't know what happened with the software. Makse me want to get a Mac, PC's are easier on the pockets but stressful dealing with sometimes.

Superthrive you say, I will be getting some today.

Sup bb, welcome to the grow! I hope so, gonna follow the LBH guide. I put loops all around both buckets. I will upload a pic later.

Yeah, the root growth in this system is fun to watch. Kid 2 roots are growing almost twice the rate of kid 1. Funny thing is kid 1 looks a lot stronger up top!

About the ph, I was reading whatuthinkin's thread early last week. BUDSLiNGER dropped some info on there that was interesting, so I decided to give it a try. (I posted a link to it on the first page. Looks like your girls like the 5.5-5.8. If these def don't clear up by the end of the week then I will try your setting.

9. Hey Allgood...whats hapnin...Just stoppin by to check you out!! Looks good around here!! The kids are looking good!! Such the perfectionist...the pics aint bad at all!! Signing out...the bitsi bandit lol!!! Peace!!

10. don't switch to mac... PC is fixable, and there are way more copies of pirated shit for pc... :D ...

On the superthrive... DWC use only 1 drop per gallon, when the plants get bigger you can use 2 drops p/gal ... Don't use it during flush... Works best in bubble cloners.

11. Sup realtalk! welcome to the grow!!!

12. I love PC just for that reason, thats why I'm having all this damn trouble!!:laughing:

So, you suggest using superthrive? Will it help speed things along? If so I'm at the store tomorrow!!!!

13. Grow date 2/10/10 - Checked on the kids, things are moving along well. The ph is holding at 6.0. Looks like they're starting to consume more water!

Gonna change the water on Sat. and use uwill3's suggestion and add some superthrive to the mix. Does any on have some other advice?

14. This is the same "general concept" ive always read, but i have found that the roots grow so thick in this particular setup that smaller bubble dont create nearly as much surface disturbance (once traveling through 1 1/2 ft of root ball) as the open tube large bubble approach.

Because this is one of the main issue i use it for, i could see airstones being a better alternative in other types of DWC setups, especially cloners.

I absolutely agree about the one-way valves. Just put your airpump higher than the rez it supplies.

15. Keep in tune to the journal in my link. Harvest next week using the "no airstone" method. We will see.

16. Do you have a pic on how you set it up? I tried to make an air stone out of PVC but I thought the bubbles were to big. Maybe I can still use it!

17. :hello: It looks good man :hello:

18. Cant get a good pic till harvest without taking everything out. I actually just duct taped the cut tube to the bottom of the tub.. thats all

19. A 12" airstone is less than $5 at Wal-mart. That is where I bought the airstones I am using. Good luck man.