"AllGood's Growin' Whatever!"

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Allgood32, Feb 8, 2010.

1. #1 Allgood32, Feb 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2010
    Hello Grass City!! Becoming a member of this great community has inspired and educated me enough to start my own journal. Please check out my photo gallery (underneath my avatar) to see my set-up.

OK.....Here we go! I got my strain from a friend of mine last year October. At that time he told me that they were AK-47's, now he says "I don't remember :confused:" DOH!!!!! Now worries though, the show MUST GO ON!!

My set-up details

Veg light - Hortilux MH
    Bloom light - Hortilux Super HPS
    LxWxH - 4x3x6.5
    Grow technique - DWC, two plant buckets + res
    Nute Brand -General Hydroponics
    Feeding Tech - Luca Formula Veg 0/5/10-Bloom 0/8/16

I plan on doing a LST style grow along with my ScrOG. The screen is set twelve inches above the buckets. I will defininatly be LSTing frequently depending on the growth rate. I will update everytime I do so (before and after pics)
    set up revised measurement.jpg

So, these are the kids. It took 8 days in my Rumple cloner to see roots (ambient temp 76 deg - water temp 84 deg) I picked the two strongest ones. The others went to a friend.
    clone pic 2.jpg

This is kid #1 after 15 days in the cloner before being put in the bucket
    kid 1.jpg

This is kid #2 after 15 days in the cloner before being put in the bucket
    kid 2.jpg

Grow date-2/1/10- The kids' first day at school. I put them in full strength Lucas veg nutes. Readings-ph 5.6/ppm 560-700 (x700). Temp 73 degrees
    first day at school.jpg

Grow date-2/3/10- Roots started to come out the bottom of the net pot. Noticed some yellowing, more so in kid #2 ph 5.9/ppm 560-700

Grow date-2/5/10- Got some insite frome seal62, looks like my yellowing was nute burn :eek:. Made some adjustments. Cut off the two plant buckets from the res. Took out a gallon of nute water from each bucket. Added back a gallon of filtered water to each plant bucket and adjusted the ph. Readings- ph 6.0/ppm 420-560.

BUDSLiNGER dropped this info on whatuthinkin's thread. Something everyone should take note of (http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced...le-church-lemon-skunk-continuous-grow-32.html)

Grow date- 2/7/10- Got some new growth going on. Still see some yellowing. Gonna give it a few more days before I consider changing the water.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Kid 1 day 7
    kid 1 day 7.jpg
    Roots day 7
    kid 1 day 7 roots.jpg
    Kid 2 day 7
    kid 2 day 7.jpg
    Roots day 7
    kid 2 day 7 roots.jpg

2. #2 Green_Hit420, Feb 8, 2010
    Front row seating right here yo:cool:

Lookin great bro. It looks like you've done your homework indeed. Setup looks top notch :wave: I'll definately be tuning in:cool:

3. Woo Hoo! Finally get to see your grow! Good luck bro! :smoke:

4. Thanks :hello:. All my home work has been done here on the GC!!!!!
    I've been on your thread for so long bro! ++++++++++rep to you for putting up with my constant question asking!!!:):D

5. #5 whatuthinkin, Feb 8, 2010
    'Bout time!!! I'm here and ready! Let's do this! Think you can yield more than me? hehehehe. :bongin:

-Edit- Well I was going to rep u but noooo GC isn't letting me. The only other person I could rep was Budly.... So I left him this

"reppin. trying to get it to let me rep allgood but not yet =("

6. Nute burn update<<fill me in on new growth.Hit me with the ppm and ph:cool:,,Crap i see you dropped my name,now everybody is gonna think your crazy,,listen to him and all hope is lost:p.I hate to be a mother hen but its too late i am(teenagers do that to you).Instead of a scrog frog finned fanned grow...just get your first fish in the box.Every thing that happens ..from pinch to prun slows growth or causes stress{ask my wife}.All i'm saying is keep it as simple as possible.Just try for a good clean stress free run..you will be rewarded.If your gonna go with a longer veg...hit up that little green dude.That fellow can split a hair and get ganj.

7. Thanks for stopping in!

I'm gonna damn sure try! I kept.....:bongin:..... (cough) reading that LST thread. I'm gonna try to do this thing by the book. Pissed I don't have co2 though :(

8. Don't worry about the CO2. It is nice to have but expensive to get the correct instruments. I will get it next grow for sure but I just want to get a hydro grow under my belt right now. This will give me more time to correct problems since they don't grow as fast.

LST isn't easy. Just tie down the branches where you want/need them to grow. I suggest you check out my #2 grow in my sig. I did some extreme LSTing in the mini-fridge. Check out how the stems are bent. That shit is crazy.

9. I got that one book marked. Good looking bruh! I will update the readings when I get home Dr.62

I will check it out. What are some key things that I should keep in mind per your experience?

Thank for giving Budley that rep. He deserves it. Helped me out big time.

10. Cheap and easy co2 solution...
    Go get some yeist (for making bread) and a bag of white sugar (not brown or powdered), a plastiq jug (can be a 2 litter, or a 5 gallon water dispenser jug), You get a drill bit the same size as your air tubing (just like the ¼" air pump tubing) ... You put water in the jug about 3/4 full, then add the yeist and sugar... Then thread the tubing into the holes on the top of your jug lid, and feed the tubes to your plants... This is a perpetual system, because yeist reproduces itself, so the only expense is more sugar... Every couple weeks, they will stop producing alcohol and co2, you simply empty half of the jug, add more sugar and water, back up to 3/4 full, and the yeist will continuse to repoduce and eat the sugar... This is not a clean smelling co2, so I wouldn't recommend it the last 3 or 4 weeks of flowering, for a better tasting bud... Although purchasing co2 is more expensive, it is a cleaner and more efficient way.

11. Thanks will, welcome to the grow!

Do you use this method yourself? If so post a pic.

12. That is a great article. I read that many times before starting my LST. Pretty much what I was getting at is it doesn't matter how you do it. Just put the branches where you need them to be and they will grow upwards towards the light.

One thing is to try and get everything square or to make it fit your grow area. There were several time in my grow where I would untie half of the plant and rearrange the branches so they it distributed the light more evenly and fit in the fridge. It took some time but was worth it in the end.

Also don't use fishing line or anything like that. It will cut through the plant. I used 1/8" nylon string or something like that and still had problems with the plant trying to choke itself with it. Make sure you leave room for the plant to grow when you are tieing it. Or at least keep a close eye on it and retie the knots when the plant gets larger.

13. Hey Goody- is that link in your sig working?

14. Just fixed it. I'M SO PISSES!!!!! I just installed Photoshop CS4 on my pc. I never had a problem with CS3, now that I've upgraded it won't let me open my JPEG's so I can edit them. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

15. Revert back to CS3? Or do you not have the disk/download?

That reminds me that I have CS3 downloaded....

16. Hey brother, thanks for the pm. Read through the setup. Looks solid to me. Ive actually been experimenting with soil as ive always grown hydro.

Only word of advice i have is run the industrial high output air pumps with no air stones.

I was sold on that this run and the roots exploded. Its all about the disolved oxygen which is a process that apparently occurs at the surface of the water only. So larger bubbles, plus the added loss of backpressure previously cause by the the airstones will allow so much more air through.

Everybody does their own thing though, ya know. Thats what its all about. Just the new thing ive been doing.

Best of luck. If you have any specific questions def pm me, and ill be here to see your ladies blow up!

17. You don't neccesarily want to have larger bubbles. You want more bubbles. The more bubbles you have the more surface area of the water that is getting oxygen.

The best way of looking at it is this:

On a bong you have a regular down-stem that is just an open hole and you also have what is called a diffuser. The diffuser is the same glass tube except the end is closed off to a small hole and there are either slits or holes in the glass. What this is doing is making the bubbles of smoke smaller and increasing the filtration of the smoke because more of the smoke come in contact with the water. This means a smoother hit.

I believe the same applies for any airstone. The smaller the bubble the more oxygen the water will be able to absorb.

Also if you have a big enough pump the airstones do not restrict enough air that you will be able to notice. They may reduce it slightly but only by a miniscule ammount. The only time they will is if your air pump is too small. Now if you have the one way air valves those will drastically reduce air flow.

This is just my opinion based on what I know. I haven't tested everything personally yet.

18. Thanks for the kind words and welcome to the grow!

Thanks for that info, sounds interesting. Would love the see the end result using that "No airstone" method.

Really up set about my computer. I will have it figured out later so I can post my updates!

19. Damn demon boxes:devious: IT's a conspiracy;)