Micro Rotation farm

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Tigon, Feb 7, 2010.

1. #1 Tigon, Feb 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2010
    Hi guys,
    I am starting a new thread because I need some constructive criticism.
    Three things have influenced me to come up with this idea:
    1) It is possible to grow MJ in a PC box :hello:
    2) Plants under 12/12 CAN be cloned and you can see it in this thread below, its under title "monster cropping"
    A Complete Guide to Topping, Training and Pruning - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums
    3) Some use 12/12 cycle when growing from seeds in micro-grows

So my idea is to clone flowering plants and as soon as the root system of clones has developed, put them back into the 12/12 section. The PC box would have to be separated into two sections(and I know it sounds stupid since there is very little space to begin with). One big section for flowering and one little section for clones to root in. This way it should be possible to get frequent small harvests and there would be always a clone to take place of the harvested plant. Also it would be error-friendly in a way that you have a lot of small plants instead of relatively big one whose death would mean that you have to start all over. Possible drawbacks I can see so far are:
    1) Quality of harvest could be really poor
    2) Clones might not survive if they are forced to flower right after they root
    3) Flowering plants might be too small to clone
    4) If it is a DWC system then plants that just started flowering need different nutrient solution than plants that are about to be harvested (flushed), but this perhaps could be solved by having little soil pots instead?

Any comments, justified criticism, suggestions and ideas are very welcome :wave:

Attached Files:

2. Uhh... where are you getting a case that big?

3. Maybe you should first see if you can even grow plants in a pc case. I mean you personally, I know others have successfully, but maybe you should see if you can do it first than try more advanced techniques like that.

4. Well that is the answer I expected and yes it is true, I should have experience in growing vegetables in a PC box before I go advanced, but nevertheless, I would like to encourage you to analyze this form of growing, my idea is to establish (in a long future) a system where I would be able to have short time between harvest and have fresh "fruit" all the time.

This particular type of growing might not be the best way, but I am looking for a way which is:
    1)Cheap
    2)Stealth
    3)Has short time between harvests (not individual plants, but in general)

5. this seems like a good idea and experiment keep up the updates and dont quit this will turn very interesting