Skateboarding. (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by coldcheese, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Just bought a plane ticket for a four day trip with my mother to san diego pretty much to skate while she's going for a work conference. Anybody from or been there before ? I know skateboarding's pretty big in california so im pretty stoked on going.

You all about dat #gofast #getpitted #mobbin #getsideways lyfe? I knew I wasn't the only one on here. What's your discipline(s) and what is/are your setup(s) like?

3. Don't do it too much anymore. Mainly downhill and freeride, got a sector9 daisy, paris trucks and a few different sets of wheels. Have a new rayne avenger on my wall and a few old boards. What about you?

4. #3304 jujubillllystunztii, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mObJqFeMul8

yooo this is me I just joined this forum lil killers.

bust a trick bag'
    1. double frontflip
    2.triple frontflip
    3.double frontflip full twist
    4. tre flip
    5. bs 900

I don' film much - but my tricks are vaster kimmy's ass^-^

I live in North county San Diego, Oceanside

5. #3305 OneSource, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
    im going on a trip for 4 days to san diego in may do u know of there are any good skateparks or spots around the east village area ?

Open your mind

I freeride, DH and tech slide. I've got a Dubs Stan for freeride and DH and the Dubs Kickstick is my baby for tech slide and the occasional ramp sesh.

Didn't get to film at all yesterday. A little 5-0 action put the damper on that.

7. FTP! 

dubs stan looks fun, the classic brick shape. I have never really like it, but each to their own. Directional boards are faves. Can you do all of those 1080/720 spins techsliding? never really done it, prefer to go fast and rail corners

8. #3308 PanelVan, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014

I ride symmetrical boards almost exclusively. It's probably because I'm old school and afraid of change. Directional boards are fun and I'm going to try to open my mind and try one (after I score a new sym brick). I can't 720 per se, but I can connect a heelside 360 with a toeside 360 (hands-down)

I'm the tech slider in this video. Wasn't on top of my game these days. That's why I'm eating so much shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ6jhqe5f-k

9. Just got board slides down today fuh yeh

10. Nice , im so close to landing them fakie instead of regular it's easier to me for some reason.

11. I'm tryna get them to rock n rolls but that ish is a trip. Tranny is so fucking fun though I cant wait to get the next trick down

12. line from along time ago, already posted but dont have anything new.... fuck i wana film somthn new badly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izX9zVleKU4

13. Hell yeah i need to get those down too. I feel like its a easy trick once u get over the fear of coming back in. Thats how it was for rock to fakie for me until i got fucked up one time lol.

Open your mind

14. Haven't been able to skate the park all week cause its raining this ish blows, once I can skate again I'm filming my part

15. No rain here this entire week, been skating every arvo if i dont have work. Feels good to just go and do a few laps around the bowls practising front and back pumps and carves. Trying to pick up as much speed as possible and see if I can hold it through a few different lines. Found a nice couple lines that link together now, just gotta mix a few tricks in and keep the speed up.

16. Scrolling through Facebook and seeing all my buddies from down south still skating is driving my sodium level through the roof. I'm salty as fuck and wish I could shred now.

17. I could always rock n roll, but the idea of the rock, then popping and rolling down in fakie always freaked me out.

Sent from my ST26a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. I should have a little something part up manana, the clear weather has returned!

19. We got rain again!!! thanks for the bad weather... 

went for a quick skate this morning before the rain rolled in. Been trying tre flips out of the bank at my local for a while now. Like inconsistently practicing them, finally started to catch them 1 footed and the rare land. Stomped one with my front foot and cracked my board, which then snapped after a couple more minutes of skating. Time for something diifferent, a board with a little shape to it will be picked up maybe tomorrow. 

I cracked my deck on a tre flip on Wednesday. I'm still in denial about it, as boards really add up, especially whilst paying for school, food, car, weed, etc. I'll probably just skate it into the ground (which was actually the original plan).

In other news, I've got a phat care package coming from my local skateshop (which is hardly local to me. It's about an hour and a half in another state, but it's skater-owned and it sponsors bitchin' events and is better than that awful corporate juggernaut Zumiez in my town).