Skateboarding. (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by coldcheese, Feb 7, 2010.

1. I finally got them. Bs feeble to fakie giggidy giggidy! Gonna get them front side and 5050 to fake after work. Hells yea

2. #3262 †TheGrow†, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2014
    I think I mentioned this before, but I was flow for Fallen, still have like 10+ boxes of shoes. I stopped skating when I was 18 I am 21 now, I can still hard flip, fakie FS flip, fakie big heel, etc to name a few. This isn't me, but one of my friends. He ate it hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaMZAclKu1E&list=UU_3F1-HKi1F1Rae4Zb-KuVA

3. Good morning! Everyone get out to your park or spots and tear that shit up!!

Attached Files:

4. Went to a localish indoor park over the weekend. All polished concrete or wood floor/ramps. Go straight to the mini for a warmup. Drop in, 50-50, back 5'0 go to go back in on a angle boom wheels slide out and first stack for the night. Figured out the grip difference between wood and crete quickly

5. Ahh I feel you on that! I had started skating in the streets then moved to an all concrete park eventually hitting up an all wood indoor park I would slide everywhere like crazy. Once you get used to it it's a ton of fun but still hurts like a bitch to fall on. Can anyone do cool no comply tricks here? I have switch front three no complys that are a blast to throw in between tricks in a line

6. no comply front 180 and nocomply shovits and

7. i still havnt figured out boneless' and no complys.
    my body wont allow it to happen hahaha

8. ah I got bone less' on flat and a couple variations and a beanplant fingerflip to tail on flat. if you are on facebook check out the group #showmeatrick (show me a trick) a fair few really good freestyle posts are made on their, some people are ninja's so much creativity aswell

9. Our clips are due this month! What's everyone been working on?

10. I havent filmed any of me, but got some of my mate last week, same park I usually skate. He is a fair bit better than me, still learning stuff front side, but got feeble grinds down now and almost got my smith grinds. Rolled up a fat joint tonight to smoke while I skate in the morn.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLoNZADqFvw

11. Man i was high as bird pussy last night and thought it was November already haha
    Who's skating tranny for their part?
    I wanna see some lines from your sesh if you can get some normac

12. I will be in tranny :)
    We didnt film this morning, mate couldnt walk too good after chalking on the only rock in the entire park! so we had a mellower session... Probs go back in a few hours until sunset, try to get some clips of me and him.

Smoked a baseball bat j at the start of the session, when we were kinda warming up. Finished the sesh then had some bongs and got a feed :) good skate

13. Just learned kickflips a couple days ago (best feeling ever) & been trying to get them real consistent & higher is the most frustrating thing ever. The amount of times i land primo & eat shit is countless . Did anyone else have as much trouble after first landing their kickflips ?

14. Kick flips are not my strong suit so much either. But I've found if you angle you back foot slightly into the pocket you can get a much faster pop. For me this makes them look a lot better and pop high. Make sure you're bending your knees so you can spring up fluently with the pop. Another thing I could add is after you pop with your back foot draw your back lower calf inwards and upwards creating a boned motion when you catch the board with your feet. Hope that makes sense and helps out that's all I got

15. Thanks it made sense will keep it all in mind. Over time of practice it'll get easier too i guess. Didn't get to skate today mother nature didn't want to be on my side today. Need to find some indoor spots.

16. indoor is good if it is concrete, I hate polished wooden surfaces. Cant wait til I am older with my own place with land and can create a gnarly concrete bowl and a sick wooden indoor mini bowl that isnt polished. 

17. Yeah i heard it's definitely a little different skating wood surfaces compared to concrete. I feel like my backyard would be just the right size for a mini ramp. A lot of hard work though i'm not much of a handyman but it would most likely be worth it. That sounds dope to wake up & just be able to skate right outside of your house.

18. Yeah would be so fun, every afternoon just go out after work and skate. Have your mates over on the weekend to skate/smoke/drink and just hangout

19. Sounds like the life right there. One of my good buds is a mason and when we were back on High School his pops built this gnarly concrete half pipe in his back yard, it even had a vert extension on it. A full bowl would be the best to have at the house, Tony Hawks set up is insaaane

20. im a handyman. its what i do for a living right now, but ive been learning my whole life.
    one day when i acquire stability and have the house i want im gonna build some concrete up in my yard somewhere

gotta skate for life yo