Skateboarding. (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by coldcheese, Feb 7, 2010.

1. man.

almost.
    i cant tre on flat ground, but i can tre out of a bank. i just recently got the foot scoop down on it. which seemed to help with landing and the flip in general.
    i havnt really been trying to land it lately tbh man.

been doing more other shit

2. sunshine coast, australia. Im sure with a quick google search you will find it.

Skated it this morning, fuark did I have fun, was surprised that it only costs $2 on saturday. Will start going more often now, since it doesnt cost that much. Got some tricks down, almost hit the coping on the 9' still a learning how to skate a vert bowl properly. Got there at 7 and there was 2 older guys in there 40's skating, 1 was crazy good other was still learning. The good guy, Al, has a 12' halfpipe with an extension in his backyard and has been skating for 30years so that kinda explains how he was so good. Bit of fun meeting and skating with them, they told me there is a group of older skaters who usually go every saturday morning before it gets busy. So im gonna be going most saturdays now.

3. Fucking ex is killing my steez yo

i need to get out and skate and fucking forget everything.

i just wanna carve my worries away in the bowl. then sit and praise earth with a bowl of ganja.

nothing better than skating/smoking all day, hanging with the bros.

anyone eve encounter those groups of snot nose kids that you wanna punch in the face cause they try to act so much better than everyone. Getting pissed when they get snaked. yelling and screaming cause they cant land a trick.

fuck those kids. fucking faggots.

4. Do yo thing my nig I know exactly what you mean, learn or do a trick they can't do and rub that shit in their face

5. lots of them around here, bloody annoying when people on bikes or scooters just drop one side of the bowl then just air out the other side, and don't have any form of skate etiquette.  Bloody snakes everywhere yesterday afternoon, couldnt get a proper run around the bowl without getting snaked or dropped in on. 

Then there was some fucken kids with a green laser shining it in my and a couple others faces as we were skating. I told them if they are gonna keep shining that shit in my face they wouldnt be able to work again with that laser stuck up their ass sideways. They didnt fuck with me again as i was about a foot taller and wasnt afraid of to fuck them up.

Thats why I like skating in the morning or real late ervo, as there arent as many of these fuckwits around.

Im feeling a fat bowl right now, angry and tired.

6. fuck yea. 
    just got back from skating.
    hung out with one of my older buddies and his son who was the one skating. hadnt seen em in a while.
    we all hung out. we played some games of skate.
    the dick head kids wernt out there so everyone was really down to earth. helping eachother out landing shit, giving advice.

i love these days. no worries

7. What would you guys say is you're absolute favorite feature to skate or cruise?

8. Skated two parks today, San Bernard ino skatepark and Ferguson skatepark, the snowmon bowl (6 ft shallow/8ft deep) is San berdoo and the pool(about 5-6ft shallow and 10ft? Deep) is ferguson, damn what an experience!

9. Yee

Attached Files:

10. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409524982.449557.jpg

Pic i took of my friend doing an Ollie down a 6 stair. I really like how this picture came out

Life's too short so love the one you got

11. just 'started' skating again (been skating on and off for like, close to 10 years). got some soft small diameter wheels so I've been crusing to work, I love the regular street board + soft wheels setup cause bombing hills is still real smooth, but you can still do little gaps and ollie up curbs and shit when you're bombing hills...anyway, hit up this little bank/hip transfer thing after I got off work today, had a little sesh...I've still got some of my tricks, but got some ways to go to catch up. still got knee/waist high pop shove its on lock, love doing those so much, especially out of little kickers..gonna relearn 360 shove its next cause those are like the dopest trick ever. and nollie/fakie full cabs, I ate shit on a nollie back 180 in the hip I was skating earlier, so kinda gave up on those haha

12. Been skating alot lately and basically decided I'm only gonna skate tranny now. This has been my favorite park lately. My buddy and I go to like 3 parks every weekend and usually all new ones we haven't been to before.

[​IMG]

13. Idgaf what it takes, I'm gonna take this skating as far as I can. I'm not gonna stop until my dreams become reality despite what anyone says or how crazy or dumb it may sound, Im addicted to this life!

Sent from my LT30at using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I like to hear, that follow your dreams no matter where they take you.

Man that is a sick park!!! Im starting to skate alot more tranny, feels as thou you can show your unique style better, and when you pick up a heap of speed around the bowl just feels so nice.

Any tips for backrocks? where you come up as if going for a rock-fakie but instead of going out fakie you pivot backside 180 and roll away.

15. Yea it's a DIY park too. They're supposed to keep adding to it. Tony Hawk was there this summer and I guess funded it or something.

You mean a rock and roll? I can't even do those anymore lol. I was able to this winter. I skated mini everyday and was able to do alot but then I started working so much I didn't skate for 3 months and then barely skated until this summer. I've learned alot of new stuff but also lost alot.

16. Yeah a rock and roll, wasnt sure what they were called, will go for a skate soon and try and get them. Got today and tomorrow off school so I will have a lot more time to be able to skate this week.

17. So ive been skating the mini quarter perfecting all my stalls and grinds.
    well ive also been going to the bowl to work on grinds and stalls to
    i got the 5-0s in the bowl down. deep and shallow end.

but tonight i went out there, and on like my second or third try i fucking clanked my trucks, and stood up on my first axle stall that i rode out :hello:
    that was just in the like 7-8 foot end of the bowl. the other end of the bowl is like twice as tall as me hahaha
    i can only 5-0 there for right now.
    i almost got a feeble but since its not waxed i got stopped and bailed out.

18. slowly getting the feel for it nice!!! i had a nice skate today almost got varials out of the bank, can do them on flat already. That must be a gnarly bowl you are skating, the biggest we have here is a 9' and that terrifies me enough. Cant wait until im good enough to be able to make a decent run in the 6'/9'/4' connecting bowls.

19. You go 5-0s before 5050s, and how far do you slide with feebs?Do you have vert in the bowl?

Glad to hear about bowl shreddage! Any of you in so cal?

Sent from my LT30at using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Yea my 5-0s are like sideways on the coping i guess. but today i did axles on top of the coping.
    the bowl aint vert. none of it goes straight up besides one part.

i love carving the whole bowl though. im still working on my ffrontside turns. everyday i throw some frontside turns in when im cruising the park just for practice. i wanna be used to that shit.