Skateboarding. (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by coldcheese, Feb 7, 2010.

1. ...no
    a pivot is like turning 180 degrees hahaha

like, when you ride nollie up to a quarter pipe, nose pivot and rock it. or board slide the coping, whatever.
    you can do BS and FS.

anyway, the only thing i can say is get comfortable with the motions. just keep practicing turning n shit. dont be afraid to keep your feet on the board.
    Sketching out sometimes is whatll get you hurt. 

2. Can you do pivot to fakie?

Sent from my LT30at using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. No but i might try it later on hahaha
    got me wantin to skate tonight.

theres one spot on the coping where its steeper, so ive been working on coming up, frontside boardsliding it, then switch out, or if i can revert it. i cant revert yet though :(

4. Do eeeet! Then tell me how you did it haha. How did you get the boardslides down tho? Do you have to have disasters down?

5. No. really its an either or thing. whatever comes first.

But doing disasters helps with my boardslides, and doing boardslides on the coping helps make my disasters look better so it doesnt look so sketchy.

6. How do you get on the coping to slide?

7. Can't wait to the weekend, gonna hit up the park 1min skate away from me early in the morning before the crowd goes there, it is bowl after bowl with only street obstacles being a hubba and a rail. Costs like $4.20 for a day pass, but it is usually worth it. Dont skate it often due to the price, but it is fun and I usually learn a few new tricks every time.

This is it; 3ft bowl/halfpipe, 4ft bowl/spine/quarter, 5ft bowl/quarter, 6ft bowl/hip/spine, 9ft bowl/spine
    [​IMG]

8. Morning sesh's are the best, nothing like having a entire park to yourself. You gotta go at that 9 ft bowl for me!

9. hmm i will give it a shot. So fun carving around the majority of the park, pick up a heap of speed and all of the bowls pretty much link up. I want to learn frontside airs on the 9, slowly work my way up the ramp and eventually get them above coping. Any tips?

10. Imo If you don't have fs 5050 down, get those first so you can get the feel of how the trick will work and then after that its all about spotting your landing, committing, and staying on your board, you don't even have to pop out either, its really gonna be like a kick turn on a invisible wall. I have yet to land one myself so I'm not the most qualified to give the tips but after I got front 5050 down I was able to see how it worked

11. I wanna learn how to bs carve it seems so much harder & scarier

12. #3136 Texiego, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
    Looks like fun normac where is that?

Respect.

13. I'm gonna get footplants down before next weekend fun they're so steezy!

14. Switch rock to fakies, check

15. i almost landed a 360 pop shove the other night

happy as fuck haha

16. Do you have tres down?