Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

metal pipes bad for you?

• Please log in to reply

blackmajik2021

blackmajik2021

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
i thread about pipe materials that metal can screw up your lungs and i was wondering....what kinda metal....some kid said brass gives you prakinsins disease, yet it looks like all the vaps i see online use brass as the hot plate....weird

rollinfatty

rollinfatty

window toker

• Old School
  • 2,372 posts
If i were you, i would only smoke out of a metal pipe that you buy in stores, not a homeade one. BUT, if you were really smart, buy a glass piece, it will be a good investment and won't have the shitty taste of a metal pipe. Peace

ryanrule

ryanrule

• Registered Upgraded
  • 390 posts
u must consisder the fact that most people who trt to speak with authority on a subject are dumbasses

el-producto

el-producto

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,657 posts
ive been using metal pipes since i first started smoking and still have on. they will never break on you :smoke:

Rasta_Man

Rasta_Man

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 11,175 posts
Metal pipes are fine. Don't make your own. Use only the ones you buy at shops. Dicking with metals is dangerous. If you smoke any metal that has been galvanized you'll have a siezure and can go into a coma. I don't recommend fucking with makeshift metal pipes. Use only stainless steel, nothing else.

sirseedymcseed

sirseedymcseed

certified bud expert

• Old School
  • 1,139 posts
copper bad. brass...also bad, i think. someone back that up or prove it wrong, please - i'm curious now that i think of it. but yeah, steel/headshop metal is fine. i don't mind the taste. it's my preferred way of smoking when i'm by myself but my smoke buds don't like it. that's ok, we bong and sherlock enough. and the gas mask...and hookah...man, gotta stop thinking about it.

ziggyshugenadz

ziggyshugenadz

yes, i am awesome

• Old School
  • 1,823 posts
depends on what kind of metal and how hot its burning, or more importantly, what its melting point is. if the melting point is at a low enought temprature then it can flake into your lungs. bad news man, but if doesnt burn that hot then its pretty much safe. brass might cause parkinsons disease, but since its being used in a vap (therefore not burning that hotly) then its relatively safe. some unsafe things are making pipes out of aluminum. either foil or a can. cause your putting direct fire on it (and when your hitting your pipe, the fire is being fed mass amounts of oxygen and raising the temprature alot. trust me, i was in metal shop in high school and if your gas welding you can increase the temprature from 500 Fh to 4000 just by blasting oxygen through it.) if your gonna make a metal pipe, serch the net for a list of metals, if they are dangerous or not, and what the melting point is, if its above 600 degrees then your pretty much safe, i would go with a higher temprature if you can. then go and pick the shit up. wash all the shit in hot water and dishwasher soap to get any metal flakes, dust, anything you dont want to smoke out of it before its made into a pipe. if you want to be 100% safe then buy a metal pipe from a trusted company (like, for example, lets say, grasscity!). or just forget all the hassle and get a glas pipe!

keep tokin

Wykid

Wykid

aka Lucipher Cy Young

• Old School
  • 3,851 posts
What about aluminum? Im using a homemade aluminum one untill i get a new glass piece. Haha, we got a gas mask too, and also a hookah, but we only take that out on special occasions (birthdays, holidays, 420).

ziggyshugenadz

ziggyshugenadz

yes, i am awesome

• Old School
  • 1,823 posts

What about aluminum? Im using a homemade aluminum one untill i get a new glass piece. Haha, we got a gas mask too, and also a hookah, but we only take that out on special occasions (birthdays, holidays, 420).

i'll just say this in case you dont read my long post. aluminum is not good to use. it has a low melting point, which means when your smoking weed with aluminum, your also smoking aluminum. the shit flakes off into your lungs. i would also highly recomend you dont smoke through a lead pipe :smoke:

keep a'tokin on

blackmajik2021

blackmajik2021

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
why would they use brass if its dangerous

InferiorWang

InferiorWang

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 4,449 posts

i'll just say this in case you dont read my long post. aluminum is not good to use. it has a low melting point, which means when your smoking weed with aluminum, your also smoking aluminum. the shit flakes off into your lungs. i would also highly recomend you dont smoke through a lead pipe :smoke:

keep a'tokin on

aluminum depends. you can get all kinds of anodized aluminum pieces, but foil and cans have a whole bunch of other chemicals in them as well. Personally, I'd rather have glass, than a metal pipe. When I started smoking, some of my friends had metal pipes and the taste of glass was always so much better.

Mr.FunkDaDilly

Mr.FunkDaDilly

What it is Hoe, Whats up

• Registered Upgraded
  • 262 posts
Wel i hope i dont die from this shit cause i smoke out of a brass pipe

InferiorWang

InferiorWang

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 4,449 posts
It's not going to up and kill you right away. Depending on how much actually comes off and goes in your lungs it could take a long ass time. Someone would have to do a study showing how much mass different metals actually lose when heated. Then we'd know which metals are safe or safer. Anodized aluminum, stainless steel, and titanium seem to be safe enough, but I'd like to see the actual loss from other things like copper and brass.

ryanrule

ryanrule

• Registered Upgraded
  • 390 posts
i wanna smoke out of a solid gold pipe lol. gold is inert anyway, so it wont react and make ya sick

mike59271

mike59271

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 2,106 posts

If i were you, i would only smoke out of a metal pipe that you buy in stores, not a homeade one. BUT, if you were really smart, buy a glass piece, it will be a good investment and won't have the shitty taste of a metal pipe. Peace

yes glass is the way too go plus it looks cooler :cool:

blackmajik2021

blackmajik2021

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
wow the i just founf out the melting point of all those metals are around 1900 degrees f*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users