Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

How to get the resin out of my glass pipe?

• Please log in to reply

henro

henro

Smoke Weed

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
So I wanna get the resin out of my pipe because I heard you can smoke that shit. Can someone tell me how to do this? I have a standard glass spoon with a medium bowl.

mosaicAce

mosaicAce

• Registered Upgraded
  • 419 posts
pretty greasy dude.. it's mostly tar you know.

Paper clips work well b/c you can bend them any way you want.. it's a pretty messy job as the resin sticks to everything..

4Cave2man0

4Cave2man0

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 17,509 posts
If your using it to smoke, which i i cannot stress enought that you should not do it heat it paperclip it

Or to clean it shiny new all you do is put salt and high% isopropyl alcohol:hello:

henro

henro

Smoke Weed

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Yeah, I wasn't that motivated anyway. I'll just smoke some more weed.

Psygonyx

Psygonyx

Cucumber, boat, wire.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 499 posts
Topic's been done before hundreds of times, but what the hell. Here's my method:

Fill a tuppeware container or zip-loc bag or something with hot water. Pour in some rubbing alcohol and a shit-ton of salt (and I mean lots of it, you want the water to be completely saturated in salt, enough that there's a decent amount of salt sitting on the bottom). Throw your piece in the container and seal the lid. Shake every ten minutes for at least an hour, and leave it to soak overnight, if possible. The resin will eventually loosen up and you'll be able to wipe it off with a q-tip.

Oh wow, I just realized you intend on smoking the resin. Well in that case my method won't work unless you want salty resin. Well I spent five minutes typing it so I might as well post it anyway... :/

Stroh

Stroh

Terminally Chill

• Registered Upgraded
  • 374 posts
soak your bowl in high percentage isopropyl alcohol, i like to get some inside the piece and cover all the holes and shake well. you will have a nasty looking brown alcohol mixture with solids in it, and just wait for all the alcohol to evaporate, then roll the resin into a ball. yes resin is pretty gross and not very good for you, but hey if you got no weed, desperate times call for desperate measures.

HappySteve

HappySteve

Happy Steve

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
I use a poker. I usually boil the pipe afterwards to reach those hard to reach places. Boil in water that is, cuz im thinking thc isnt water soluble so. But whatever. :D

Happy Steve.:smoking:

Blazed214

Blazed214

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
if you want to get the resin out of your pipe boil some water on the stove. then go and hold you pipe over the steam for like 10-15 seconds, not too long or there will be nasty brown resin water dripping out. then get a paper clip and straighten it out, but make a little loop at the end. then go through the carb hole and just collect the resin on the loop and pull it out through the carb. just collect the resin and once finished roll into a ball.

doommphil

doommphil

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Personally, Why would you EVER think of smoking resin when you have weed/money to get weed. I would rather spend my hard earned money on a gram of some nice buds than smoke that shit. I have done it many times out of desperation, but you can feel how bad it is for you, smoke abongbowl and you'll feel like you have a coating of slime over your throat. If you're gonna smoke it, dry it up so its not all wet and disgusting, and at least try to get something else to mix it with. I would never want to smoke resin out of a spoon though, i'd much rather rip it out of a bong. I got a question though, anyone ever try Vaporizing some resin? Maybe that would save your lungs?

boogercruiser

boogercruiser

UberN00b

• Registered Upgraded
  • 382 posts
resins no good, better you just dont smoke until you can score more

R420

R420

R.I.P Robbie Davis

• Registered Upgraded
  • 304 posts
90+% iso alcohol and rock salt.

Edot: Sorry, you wont be able to smoke the resin if you use this method, I don't know why you would want to poison yourself like that anyway.

PSE95

PSE95

• Registered Upgraded
  • 223 posts
either use an unbent paper clip

or if you wanna take a long time, soak your piece in a sealable sandwich bag, with your piece covered in only rubbing alcohol (at least 90%) and let it soak all day, shaking it around and swishing the iso around every hour or so, don't open the bag. when this is done, your pipe will be clean as new, and you will have a bunch of brown rubbing alcohol left over. Let this evaporate in the same way you would to get hash. dump out all the nasty brown alcohol into something like a casserole dish, it can take up to 5 days to evaporate, but once it's dry, scrape it up with a razer blade and youll have some really good resin.

XxGanjaXXGOD

XxGanjaXXGOD

• Registered Upgraded
  • 750 posts
i like how everyone hates on resin.i smoke lot of resin and i get higher from resi then dank

PSE95

PSE95

• Registered Upgraded
  • 223 posts
I only smoke resin when I'm out of bud, and money. it works, but not as well in my opinion.

chef boyardee.

chef boyardee.

Advanced Member

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Personally, Why would you EVER think of smoking resin when you have weed/money to get weed. I would rather spend my hard earned money on a gram of some nice buds than smoke that shit. I have done it many times out of desperation, but you can feel how bad it is for you, smoke abongbowl and you'll feel like you have a coating of slime over your throat. If you're gonna smoke it, dry it up so its not all wet and disgusting, and at least try to get something else to mix it with. I would never want to smoke resin out of a spoon though, i'd much rather rip it out of a bong. I got a question though, anyone ever try Vaporizing some resin? Maybe that would save your lungs?

i've vaporized resin. it works well.

RPB

RPB

Chocolate Giddy-Uuuup

• Gold Member
  • 30 posts

teban alfaro

teban alfaro

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Topic's been done before hundreds of times, but what the hell. Here's my method:

Fill a tuppeware container or zip-loc bag or something with hot water. Pour in some rubbing alcohol and a shit-ton of salt (and I mean lots of it, you want the water to be completely saturated in salt, enough that there's a decent amount of salt sitting on the bottom). Throw your piece in the container and seal the lid. Shake every ten minutes for at least an hour, and leave it to soak overnight, if possible. The resin will eventually loosen up and you'll be able to wipe it off with a q-tip.

Oh wow, I just realized you intend on smoking the resin. Well in that case my method won't work unless you want salty resin. Well I spent five minutes typing it so I might as well post it anyway... :/

You sir... deserves my respect, you made my night! :D

jordanflight420

jordanflight420

• Registered Upgraded
  • 499 posts
420 cleaner

insertswearqord

insertswearqord

• Registered Upgraded
  • 458 posts
Boil some water on the stove, just enough to submerge the pipe. Put the pipe in for about a minute or so, no longer. Make sure not to put the stove too hot and don't boil your pipe for too long, this will keep the glass from getting thinner or more brittle.

When done take the pipe out with tongs or a glove or something and place it on a towel, make sure to dump any water that's inside the pipe into a cup of some sort. Most of the resin should be in the cup, and hopefully not at the bottom of the pot, because that shit will melt and stink.

Wherever your resin may have ended up, pour it through a strainer and get your resin. Dry it out and smoke it if you want. Don't boil glass too often, or at all if you really like the pipe, because over time it will become brittle. You can put it in luke warm water with salt and give it a shake if you don't like the idea of boiling at all or just use iso.

Don't take the pipe out of boiling water and put it into cold water or your gonna have a bad time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users