Boycott youtube and google

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Don Piano, Feb 1, 2010.

1. I don't think it was his fault though. it's youtubes fault for blowing off the question like it was never mentioned

2. Since I don't really know what the hell you're talking about I'm going to attempt to fill in the blanks:

• Obama participated in a Q&A session in which YouTube asked questions posed by YouTube users to the President.
    • 99% of the questions were rejected, including yours about marijuana legalization.
    • You are upset about your question not being asked.

Does that about sum it up?

3. Alteration: We are upset due to the fact that the most predominate questionS both asked and voted on was completely ignored. (Cannabis Legalization, and Drug Policy Reform.)

4. i just dont get why he COMPLETELY ignored it if it was one of the top questions, and they werent all like retarted kids askin where's the weed..a lot of them were serious legit about medical marijuana for ppl that need it

5. Calling BS on this. I know how the media works, because I've worked it and have many, many friends that still do. I would put money down, lots of money down that this came directly at the direction from Obama's staff. Did you notice the healthcare question and generally all the questions he answered were set up for his talking points?

Let me explain. Access = money. Why does Fox News harp that Obama won't appear on their station? Because having him on there = money.

Why wouldn't Bush's people appear on liberal channells? Because access = money.

If you are a reporter covering say the New England Patriots and you piss off the coach and lose access to the team, what happens? You get transferred to another lower totem pole beat or you get fired. Because access to the team = money.

This came from Obama, youtube traded access, money for censorship.

They are both at fault here.

This is the standard today. Sad that youtube and Obama didn't have the balls or even the brains to realize that this was not going to fly on what they called an "open" forum. More like a "censored" forum.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDpmwdPeuio]YouTube - Citizentube = Censorshiptube, Youtube censors medical marijuana out of Obama "Open" Forum[/ame]

Disgusting.

6. Because that's his character. He's got no compassion or balls except for those banks that fund him.

7. Why not, good idea. I will do that, too. At this point, I'm not boycotting but using youtube against them. Just posted my video. I might get banned but if I do? More media for me and our cause. Trust me on that. We all need to keep in mind that some media will report it. Some will see the story and report it. Because marijuana is popular and sells media time. It's our new advantage, why we are moving ahead. 5 star and favorite all the videos that are calling them out. I am and will be posting them here as I see them...

8. I never once said anything like that. I simply said the boycott is not in the best interest of preserving my business.

I stated your welcome to boycott my business as well if my decision offends you.

Your wasting your anger on me and I'm beginning not to appreciate it, and if I had something to put in my bong I would smoke it, and I fully plan to go door to door once someone in my state pushes for an initiative to decriminalize it.

I have spent the beginning of the year since EDUCATING myself about Cannabis all of '09 working on my activism, but I have had my business longer and it is hard for me to find any other work in this failing economy.

So because you have the means to boycott something that is not benefiting you, more power to you, I would appreciate it if you quit directing your concerns towards me. I'm not responsible for it and I could say I DO NOT SUPPORT Google, it is much the other way around.

9. like i really had hope for obama...i really liked him and now just seeing how he is COMPLETELY ignoring this whole movement...just makes me lose that respect i had for him, all he wants is healthcare, and hes doin whatever it takes to get it. which i believe in the healthcare but...you cant ignore the ppl...

10. No! They only moved marijuana questions from categories. As soon as my medical marijuana video hit number 1 on health care, they moved it to the "other" category pitting it against the most popular legalization questions. Every question that was most popular got asked but for medical marijuana? They presented it that the most popular questions voted by youtube users would be asked. They all were but those that Obama didn't like. This sums it up.

11. Yep, have faith in the people, we get loud and they can't ignore us forever. Keep trying, it works sometimes. If it didn't some states wouldn't have changed the law. Forget the Obama and focus on the activism. It works.

12. since reading this i have stopped useing google chrome and using firefox instead. i have also only searched on yahoo, and have not visited youtube once.

is firefox owned by google too? i hope not. because internet explorer is slow as shit.

13. Firefox is not OWNED by Google but they are big time partners. FireFox's safer browsing system (anti-phishing measure) is supported and hosted by Google.

14. Ok, enough said. You done then? Because I have been an activist since 1993, and you didn't just simply say the boycott is not in the best interest of your business. But after reading this post I understand. A boycott would hurt your business. So you are a Google fanboy, 'nuff said. Well sorry pal, but I don't see why your paycheck should bother me. And you are beginning to not appreciate it? See that little blue arrow in the top left of your browser, the one pointing left, click it. And go Google yourself.:D

15. Just don't sign in to youtube, and don't click any ad banners on google or its affiliates. If you see any ads that look like a "real business" like John Deere tractors or such, then by all means fire off an email to them and let them no you will not buy their products, or use their services because of their affiliation with google. The more nasty emails they get, the more attention they will pay to us. Good job man, thanks for jumping onboard.

16. #57 Bucky, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2010
    Please refer to my first post.

In which proceeding posts I corrected the mistakes I have made, namely the point in which I did not realize that CitizenTube is a direct derivative of YouTube, I honestly thought it was something created by Google for government utilization.

Congrats on your 17 years of activism. I'm sure your years of life far exceed my own. All I'm willing to say is I'm old enough to drink, and educated enough to debate.

I'm sorry I cannot quit using the tools that have supported me for the past 2+ years.

I appreciate your dedication. If the rest of the activists shared your sheer dedication change could have come long ago.

But I would like to know how you can sit here and tell someone trying to fight the same battle as you, that you do not care about them.

So let me ask you this, what is it that you care about? Smoking your pot legally? Because if that's your only drive I believe you should drop out of your activism right now.

Is it because YouTube omitted the Questions? Yes, I'm very upset about that too, but not to the point where I'm going to risk my business over it.

You my friend are very shallow, I'm in this fight not because of myself, if it were just about me I could sit here and smoke my bong in privacy, I don't traffic, I don't sell, I'm simply a common citizen that enjoys the benefits of cannabis.

I believe everyone should have the right to do as they wish so long as it don't impose on my life. THAT's what I'm fighting for. That and I'm sick of the slander published over this harmless, rather beneficial, plant.

I do not wish anyone to give up their livelihood to support the cause, I believe anyone who does needs to rethink their priorities.

But I can not sit here and let this fight impose on the other aspects of my life.

Also I'm not going to sit here and quit the fight just because some veteran to the cause thinks he's better than me because I'm not willing to ruin my life over it.

17. I agree with Boycotting Google and Youtube, I think censoring is not right. I always thought America was the land of the free? with free speech, religion, etc etc. When you lose your freedom of speech, you lose your individual opinions.

I think Google/Youtube ignored questions/answers because they don't want to lose their credibility if they agreed or disagreed with a particular subject about cannabis. Which could possibly decrease their profit. And who's to say that's not a bad thing? Google has (this may have changed) a net worth of $18.5 billion dollars. Google literally has more money than entire countries, and a large corporation like this shouldn't be allowed.

But, that being said, Google has such a large influence on almost everybody. To boycott Google would mean you need A LOT of supporters (A FUCKING SHIT TON TO BE EXACT), and which I AM a supporter of boycotting, I just don't think it'll work.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to cause any arguments with you, I just wanted to say my opinion on the matter.

18. They did exactly what obama told them to do. Boycott Obama.

How many times does he laugh in your faces until some figure out, he is not on your side.

Hes really not.

19. Im sorry but what chase banked did was worse, I canceled my account over that.