Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Rumple's 2nd LED Challenge

• Please log in to reply

Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin

Legal Medical Grower

• Gold Member
  • 5,536 posts

Edited by Rumpleforeskin, 08 May 2010 - 09:38 AM.

• 1thruZ, marijananonymous, Farmer RCA and 1 other like this

irishboy

irishboy

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,086 posts
good luck brother

flowiththeworld

flowiththeworld

licensed professional

• Registered Upgraded
  • 406 posts
Glad to see this get done again. I was wondering if you could visually tell any difference between the two different sets of units they sent you just by looking at them and also looking at the light or something maybe? Just kinda curious what was changed for these lights. Good luck

trichtone

trichtone

Forever a Newbie

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I loved your first LED grow! Can't wait to see the results of this one. Keep up the good work. :hello:

jzchillin

jzchillin

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,337 posts
Do you get to keep all that equipment for giving up your precious time and giving your expert opinion?:D
  • Farmer RCA likes this

Sulphur Plasma

Sulphur Plasma

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Rumple,
Has anything been changed climate wise? Temprature settings, Co2, distance between lights and plant? What is / will be different besides the different lights from the last experience?

broadside

broadside

• Registered Upgraded
  • 334 posts
Bloody hell Rumple I'm really jealous of your lights. Two of those babies would fit in my grow-space just right. Completely out of my league money-wise but I can dream. :)
I'll just have to soldier on with my cheap Chinese ebay ufo's which, with a little cfl help, do work.
I really enjoyed your last grow and I'll be following this one with interest.
Good luck mate.

:wave:

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Will never conform

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
I enjoyed reading the last one. I'll be lurking over this one.

Cool stuff:smoking:

Wasabe

Wasabe

The Duke of Dank

• Registered Upgraded
  • 906 posts
I know Rumple wants these lights to work as well or better than the HIDs, and so do I, but looking at their website these lights look just like ever other on the market (and exactly like the lights from the previous grow): cheap Chinese made lights that were designed for Christmas trees and have been repackaged to make a fast buck.

Hope I'm wrong.

broadside

broadside

• Registered Upgraded
  • 334 posts

I know Rumple wants these lights to work as well or better than the HIDs, and so do I, but looking at their website these lights look just like ever other on the market (and exactly like the lights from the previous grow): cheap Chinese made lights that were designed for Christmas trees and have been repackaged to make a fast buck.

Hope I'm wrong.

Even cheap Chinese lights can grow good pot with a little help. :)

Wasabe

Wasabe

The Duke of Dank

• Registered Upgraded
  • 906 posts

Even cheap Chinese lights can grow good pot with a little help. :)

Read through the end of the previous LED grow: lower yield, increased flower time, and more electricity used. Not to mention the lights cost $700 each.

broadside

broadside

• Registered Upgraded
  • 334 posts
They certainly aint cheap.

Zombo

Zombo

LED Evangelist

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,097 posts

Hope I'm wrong.

The mistake many are making is looking at the unit as a whole, while neglecting the fact the the light engine portion (the LEDs) are replaceable, no matter what the crappy chassis looks like or how Engrish-y the writing is. It could be a case of Prosource spec'cing out different amounts of a specific wavelength LED, or a different manuafacturer for them (Cree, Luxeon, the list goes one).

Looking forward to the results of this grow out, Rumple!

Saaz

Saaz

mañana

• Gold Member
  • 347 posts

• Farmer RCA likes this

Wasabe

Wasabe

The Duke of Dank

• Registered Upgraded
  • 906 posts

The mistake many are making is looking at the unit as a whole,

Like I said, "Hope I'm wrong."

_Numb_

_Numb_

Comfortably Numb

• Bronze Member
  • 1,115 posts

Bohbo

Bohbo

Grow Strong!

• Gold Member
  • 2,486 posts

KenWood

KenWood

• Registered Upgraded
  • 317 posts
I am here also Rump, glad to see you trying it again. Hope you get a better result than the last test. You DA MAN.

Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin

Legal Medical Grower

• Gold Member
  • 5,536 posts

Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin

Legal Medical Grower

• Gold Member
  • 5,536 posts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users