Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Studying while stoned

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Striker, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Depends what kind of high it is and how much you smoke.

When I get that body high with the stuck to the couch feeling I'm not sure I'd even be able to manage reading nevertheless study.

However that cerebral high! Holy shit. I've never studied so well in my life. I have an extremely poor memory but when I get that kind of high my memory improves, my concentration improves, my creativity increases... And it's just like you're seeing everything in a new perspective and it all makes sense now. I'll read something for school and not just be trying to memorize the info in the text but suddenly start to grasp it in ways that I never could before.

I love it and hardly study sober these days. My test scores have improved vastly, lawl. However even too much of that can be bad. I smoke too much and instead of being able to focus on my work my thinking turns inwards and I find myself sitting there staring off into space for minutes at a time just deep in thought and unable to snap out of it easily.

2. If you are responsible and actually sit down and study/do homework then it is fine. But if you end up hanging out with you friends and "study" then it would be the same as trying to study around people who keep distracting you.

If you want it to work you can make it work.
    I highly suggest (no pun intended) that you get high before any class that is over 2 hours it makes it go a ton faster.

3. nah, when they were in school they smoke and study then got straight F's, yes sir dean cain sir

I do home work way better when high, but it takes forever, I get distracted, but care more about my work

4. i cant study with that head-high bud, mind is runnin to fast. but some nice fat sit down bud lets me get in the books haha. i guess im kinda backwards compared to a lot of people... and i love indica ha

5. study high, take the test high, get high scores! :smoke:

6. I study super well when I'm high. But, like alot of others said, I tend to do wayyyy better on an indica body high than a sativa head high. I can't focus on shit when I'm geekin out lol

But I tend to take things from a much deeper and more profound perspective when I'm baked. I actually graduated from high school a year early because I could work/learn so much more efficiently and accurately after I started smoking weed regularly.

It's worth a shot, I'd say :)

7. I smoke bud first thing every morning when I get up (around 4 or 5 am). I've done so since middle school and I'm now 30. I was the head of my class from 8th through 12th grade, and maintained high honors every semester of college. I do everything stoned, everyday. All day long. Keep a loaded bowl in my chest pocket at all times (I have MMJ patient and provider status in Montana, so have no fear of arrest). Keep my Volcano Digit on the coffee table ready to go at all times, and keep my bongs ready at all times. Stoned from the moment I wake up until I lay my head down at night. Weed. Indeed.

8. AHA, that happens to me too. I write a law exam, went home and didn't even remember any questions that were on the exam.
    I always study stoned, it helps me concentrate, but you should do the test stoned too or you won't remember all the answers. Believe me, or you should just hold out and not smoke for a bit, and think of it as a T-Break also.

9. lol me too i was high everyday freshman year pass with a 4.12 GPA then i got busted :p lets just say i'm smarter high;)

10. I study for math while I'm high, it just makes more sense that way. Never tried studying for anything else high, though I don't actually study too much, and most of my classes are math related (business school). I'm doing very well.

11. I can't even study when I am sober, and when ripped.....nah now way :D

12. I do it all the time

but I probably remember less than if I was sober

13. lmao... i can't believe no one called bullshit on this yet.

but yeah, i study when i'm baked all the time.

14. Study on acid no way possible. I forget what I am doing or saying two seconds later, but studying stoned is about the only other way i can study unless I take addies.

15. I do alot better in math when I'm stoned. Too bad I can't do that anymore since I'm on probation and in rehab, I really need it now since I can't understand my math class worth shit now.

16. I study sober until I have a decent understanding of the material then I study baked for a bit to think about the information in the abstract. Works for me.

17. i personally have never tried it, but when im high, i zone into one thing and can only concentrate on that one thing, so if that one thing is a history book, then im sure i could study better than i normally can lol. but ill have to try it sometime

18. I'm in accounting and I can blaze through my hw stoned... if I do it when I'm straight I can still get it done.. but it seems like shit doesn't come to me as quick:confused::hello::hello:

19. Well, I drove with my instructer stoned almost every sesion. I practicly learned how to drive high, and believe it or not, I am a great high driver, just not a great sober driver :p

20. Depends on the studying to be done, how high, and what kind of high. (When I came across some Alaskan Thunderfuck, that stuff was such a clear heady sativa high I did all sorts of shit including study, I was way productive.

I write most all essays, etc while high, it flows so much easier.