Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Swollen lymph gland, surgery, cannabis

• Please log in to reply

canofthebis

canofthebis

• Registered Upgraded
  • 329 posts
Hey everyone,

i got a few swollen glands in my groin area, its usually nothing bad, but it can be serious so im going to get it checked out saturday. I may have a biopsy ( local anesthetic, lymph node out, 4cm cut or so )

so my questions are.

1. Can bud affect my operation or anesthetic in any way at all?

2. Does bud thin your blood?

thanks for help

Bonkers420

Bonkers420

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 681 posts
I smoked after surgery in which I had local anesthesia(sp?) to remove a benign tumor from my torso/lumbar region. All I can say is they gave me a shot of fentanyl and I was feeling great you know, really goofy. Anyway, that night after my surgery I went to my friends house and smoked a blunt. 3/4 of the way through I started to get this really dizzy/queasy feeling and I needed to lay down. It almost felt like I was going to faint. What i am trying to say is that smoking weed can bring back/intensify other meds they might have given you for the pain. It can be fun and overwhelming at the same time... I wouldn't drink too much alcohol though.

420cannabis420

420cannabis420

I love mids.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 430 posts
Bonkers hit the nail on the head!

I wouldnt smoke some weed before your surgery, its not worth waking up in the middle of your surgery, even though I highly doubt this would happen. Just wait until you come back home and light up and pass out. This will probably be the best sleep of your life.

canofthebis

canofthebis

• Registered Upgraded
  • 329 posts
thanks guys, however, im not looking on smoking on the day of the surgery, im just thinking about the night before, what you guys think?

thanks

canofthebis

canofthebis

• Registered Upgraded
  • 329 posts
bump, help plz

Southern Smoke.

Southern Smoke.

Livin the high life.

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
im no doctor but you should be fine to smoke the night before.
i've doen this twice.

once i broken my hand and i had to get pins and screws n shit in my hand and i smoked the night before and the morning of the surgery. i was put asleep for the surgery. it didnt affect me in any negitive way.

and i broke my elbow once and neede pins in there and i smoked the night before the sugery and no negitive affects.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users