Is Marijuana Legal in Canada?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by DMX, Jan 27, 2010.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq3Bj3XhUP4&feature=g-vrec]CannaBiz - YouTube[/ame]

2. It's legit. Been caught smokin a couple of times, weed just gets taken, no report, no nothing. Probably just stop and smoke it 5 minutes after getting it from you. Also, raids always end in a $150 fine(where I'm from)

3. I signed up to say that You are a FUCKING idiot.

4. If that's all you signed up for then you certainly don't need this account further

5. ... yet he's right. There has never been one documented case of a death caused by marijuana. There have been marijuana-related deaths, but those were due to pre-existing health conditions like a bad heart or lung problems, or they were caused by someone doing something stupid while high. But that has nothing to do with the plant itself, it's physically impossible for the average person to overdose on marijuana.

In certain African nations, they even use marijuana as punishment for criminals. The convict is forced to smoke obscene amounts of marijuana until they pass out (and I believe the process is repeated once they wake up). Yet no one ever OD's. What does happen though, is that they genuinely come out of it changed and rehabilitated. Repeat offences are incredibly rare after the cannabis-related punishment.

6. Where do they do this? What time period?

7. Not sure to be honest, I read an article on the web a few months back. You might be able to find it by searching something along the lines of "dagga punishment." Or maybe it wasn't even African nations, pretty sure it was something starting with the letter "A."

It was something like they have the criminal smoke a bunch of dagga/marijuana in this hut and their supposed to think about what they did.

8. #68 dolphingunblade, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2012

No, bob Marley died because he was retarded, doctors told him he needed to get an amputation for cancer but to told them no because it was against his religion. So he died because the cancer spread and became systemic.

9. Far from retarded. The man was dedicated to his religion and that was his choice.

10. yeah i heard it was being deemed unconstitutional. what i don't get is how its this hard to find out. there should be a site with every law that exists fr each country and is updated whenever a new law is made or laws removed as necessary. how can u even have laws that people don't know about and are hard to find out about.:confused:

11. Being dedicated to something doesn’t nullify the stupidity of an action.

He knowingly resisted treatment for a deadly disease on the basis of a religious interpretation.

Dedicated or not to that belief system it still caused him to die from a completely preventable\treatable disease, one that should have only been a minor event in his overall life. Yet it killed him in his 30s.

As far as I’m concerned that displays severe stupidity, and hiding that behind the excuse of a religious belief only deepens my view on his intelligence.

12. Since thsi thread is about Canada I willt ry to tie this whole line of reasoning back to the thread. I have been radically religious in my past and although I have a deep belief in a creator.... I spent many years sharing that belief with others..... if that is good or bad I can not say as I was able to help many individuals in the process... it was my choice. I will say I learned alot from those years and the game changer from me is when I encountered time after time the "organized religious practices" seemed to be very controlling and harsh. I am not saying all places are like this as I have encountered some semi decent places that genuinely want to help people ... but the mainstream is pretty much that of control. The idea that one man can control another man and his choices is ridiculous and that is basically what the government is trying to do ... ultimately my belief has coem down to free will.... free will to choose..... free will to live my life the way I want without others trying to dictate my behavior or my belief and I will try my best to allow others that same freedom. If I agree or not is pretty much beside the point... because we all will never agree on every point except perhaps the idea of free will and freedom to choose. Well Hitler may not agree but he is dead.:D It does seem to soem degree Canada has more of this mind set than American government ... because they sure as hell like to police the world. Makes me despise my country.

13. See Marley seemed to be a very dedicated / loving man. Dedicated to and loved sport, music and religion for example. From what I've heard about marley is he practiced each one of these each day. Now would it not have been dumb of Marley to disvalue everything he's believed in ?

Calling someone stupid for being dedicated / loving doesn't make it true. If I was forced to either turn my back on Jesus or curse him or loose my life I'd choose to loose my life because I love Christ .

14. #74 dolphingunblade, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2012

He doesn’t have to disvalue everything he believes in, he didn’t have to give up his love of sports, music, or religion, he doesn’t have to change anything about himself, all he had to do is make a small concession in his faith which would allow him to continue to live and enjoy his life and spread his “love” and continue to practice his religion,but instead he gave up everything because he was unwilling to make a infinitesimally small concession, one that again killed him at a early age.

Just because he changes a slight interpretationof his faith doesn’t mean he isn’t part of that religion anymore, or has to change everything he is. Hell from your response I assume you’re Christian, if so do you follow Christianity? Do you make any concession to that faith? If not then that means you abstain from wearing anything with a mixture of different materials (cotton, polyester, silk, ect) -Leviticus 19:19. you dont wear fancy clothes, or wear gold(wedding ring maybe) or pearls?- Timothy 2:9. you dont eat any shellfish (Crab, lobster, shrimp?)- Leviticus 11:10, ect ect ect. If you do any of these things knowingly or unknowingly you are violating edicts in the bible. And if you are does that mean you’re not Christian?Does that mean you’re not a good person? No of course not, making a conception to your religion to better maintain\prolong your continual life and prosperity is expected.

I could be a part of a religion that says germs don’t exist and that sickness is not caused by germs but angry ghosts and therefore I don’t need to wash my hands, cook my food, or have toworry about sanitizing my drinking water. Just because I’m dedicated to said religion and its beliefs doesn’t change the fact that it’s a stupid belief that is out of line with known scientific facts. And to knowingly disregard or refute these facts and or practices simply because my religion says so is incredibly idiotic.

Because once again being dedicated to something doesn’t nullify the stupidity of an action or lack thereof.

And if you would rather die then leave Christianity or bad mouth Jesus then I would have to seriously question your priorities.

15. First off, I'm not quite sure why you're taking this so personal, but I in no way meant to offend you.. Back to Marley, Rastafari wasn't an organized religion such of Catholicism for example. They didn't really follow a written catechism that the church created, they followed their own interpretations of the bible. They shared this by conversation, music, ect.. Orally and not so much written. Bob believed that the human body should stay intact, he shared this belief with the public through interview and conversation. This was his / the Rastas personal interpretation of the bible. So it appears to be that Bob remained a man of his word, and not a 'hypocrite'. Am I saying that I would refuse operation / surgical removal of a tumor? No. But I'm saying a man is no less intelligent to refuse to have this done because he is deeply religious, and believes this is not the right path for himself.

Now... as you said being dedicated to something doesn't nullify the stupidity of an action or lack thereof.. I guess my wordings may be off but, Bob stayed true to himself. I don't see where your argument is to call any man a fool for staying true to himself (and perhaps God). Perhaps Bob sacrificed himself in blind faith in God.. Who knows, the man is dead, and I'm sure if you asked Bob yourself you'd find a much more compelling argument on why he refused to seek surgical treatment, but he'd tell you why he's far from a fool.

I'm not sure if you're a Christian. Your knowledge of the bible is pretty impressive, but if a new government came into place and said to either denounce Christ, turn your back to him, and denounce God or sacrifice my life, I'd much rather die then do that.. I'm not some Christian fundamentalist either, I'm a progressive Christian I'd like to say.. Catholic roots but moving away from the church so please don't try to spin that on me. Many people have died a martyr and many people would choose to do that same as me.

16. #76 grass man420, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
    OH NO! what a horrible punishment!

do they have the dagga/marijuana provided for them? some might call it an incentive especially for minor things. what i mean is if i broke something and the punishment was to smoke up in a cabin i'd break a lot more things.

17. "Hey guys wanna go to jail real quick?"

"yeah, sure.. cant afford to smoke my own right now".

18. It feels like it is if that counts.

19. No it's not legal. Though very tolerated, at least in Vansterdam, BC. There will always be dick cops, but most cops just take it and warms you. Sometimes they don't even take it away, they just say "Do it in your home" if you aren't underage.

They mostly bust ops in the triple digits here. I've heard of grows with like 65 plants get busted but that rarely happens. Personal use (under 10 plants) is very tolerated, but if a landlord calls the police, the plants will get destroyed and you will walk away with a slap on the wrist and maybe a small fine.

It's common to run into people trying to sell to you in the core area in van (Granville street and art gallery).

There is also medical marijuana here, but way stricter than California.

The prices are roughly
    10 for a gram
    60 for a quarter
    100 for half an ounce
    200 for an ounce

The prices are for high grade bud.