Is Marijuana Legal in Canada?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by DMX, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Aside from Holland and Mexico, Canada is the next marijuana friendly nation, and it also has some nice quality stuff.

2. And the poopy dank they have leftover gets shipped to the US. I'm yet to find some straight heady bud that is Canadian grown.

3. i got busted by the popo with a bong, but no bowl :devious:, gave us a talking to then told us to put the bong in the trunk and then leave the area. good thing he didnt find the pipe in the front seat that was packed. :D

that cop was chill as hell, to bad there not all like him:cool:

4. It's decriminalized in Spain, Portugal and the Czech Republic as well. Plus a few other places. Canada is lax though.

5. Sooooooo nice to be a legal MedMJ patient in NorCal(The Emerald Triangle):D:smoke: I can grow up to 100 plants, and Blaze away legally:D:smoke::smoke:

6. i dont think its "small town syndrome" lol, i live in toronto and you pretty much hit the nail on the head with that discription.

7. Anyone who says Canada is lax on pot has obviously never been busted. Marijuana is 100% illegal in every province in Canada (except MMJ). Any leniency comes down to a decision by individual officers. Police can and do bust people for small amounts all the time.

I've been charged twice and I've also been let off several times. Many of my friends have criminal records due to being busted with small amounts of pot. One even got charged for possession of one joint. If you think it "might as well be legal" try getting caught with a grow op. They will fuck you over big time. RCMP and local police have a hard on for grow ops and many cities have special "green teams" who do nothing but bust grow ops. The cops here are not as zealous as in the US but marijuana is very much illegal.

8. Nah, but if a policeman sees you smoking a joint on the street, he's going to come over, confiscate it, and smoke it himself :mad:

9. I got busted driving across canada with about 20 grams in my glove compartement some alrdy rolled for the road bong behind my seat everything (i was moving) and the cop took the weed, joint & bong and didnt gave me any fine or anything so id say be nice to the cop and he might return the favor on pot

10. I believe the answer is: "no, it is not legal. It is partly de~criminalized because people are tolerant."

Figure it out, please.

be tolerant.

11. sorry for going off topic but I love your avatar, bro. :smoking:nuff said

12. My dad busted me with shrooms, salvia, chronic, a pipe, pipe screens, think a little water pipe. Anyhow he took me to the cop station (he's an ex crack addict do he thought he was protecting me). Cop takes my shit, takes me to a private room and goes. "it's yor dads job to scare you not me, if you wanna smoke weed go ahead there's nothing bad about it. Just don't go into harder thugs and let your life get messed up.". Now I know it's illegal and not all cops are like this, but hey just goes to show ya that a percentage of cops know where the real harm is. I also know cops who work with schools busting drugs and smoke the weed the take of high school kids lol. An when I was in school and caught, they would send me home to get sober and told me to come the next day. Never even called home to tell my parents they found me high with weed.

13. wow, made me smile to know some people with authority are that awesome

14. That's pretty sick. You get the same reaction in some parts of SoCal. I've had multiple run ins with the PoPo and most the time we just have to stomp out our shit or just go home.

15. A lot of the world is like that. It certainly is here and a lot of Europe.

It's only really America that's still so draconian with it's application of drug policy to MJ.

16. here in the uk its all still pretty fd up, we were all up watching films in the early hours when our mate left (with and Oz) and cops stopped him asking about his push bike (which hed put lights on to avoid being pulled over) thinking hed stolen it because its a girls frame, asked him if he had previous, he confirmed that, asked him if he had anything on him, searched him after he handed his little tin over and found the big bag on him

pretty soon after they came knocking on our door, waltzed in saying they had a warrant for one of my mates arrest thinking hed sold him the bag, cautioned me (and warrented friend) for very small amounts, found nothing else, no scales etc

whole thing was stupid, they "didnt want to get into" discussing the fact we werent out in town drunk hitting the shit outta people

AND when friend 1 goes to court, the cops lie and say they could smell it from the car! (miles down the road, windows probably closed with friend cycling in the opposite direction)

its screwed here really, you WILL go to court for a Oz on you, i guess it depends on the judge etc and their views what happens after that but going to court here is a pretty big deal anyway if your not into criminal stuff normally

he got £85 fine and that was it (plus paying off the lost smoke)

when does harpers time for reelection come up? and whats the current situation with the opposition that supports smoking and their current support from the country?

17. Oh, and if you get a weed related offense on your record and you're not a US citizen, you're banned from the United States. You'll try to go through the border and get turned back.

It sucks though that Canada is getting the conservatives in office right now that are trying to make it worse.

18. The only reason they have not made it legal is cause it would stop the trades between us and the states.. -.- But I dont get it, last I heard weed doesnt kill anybody. Happy, Hungry and sleepy. Thats all I ever recall it doing to a person. It helps people with stress and medical problems.

sorry lol mini rant :)

19. :mad:

man harper is such a fucking retard .