Volcano Vaporizer worth it?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by 32paths, Jan 23, 2010.

1. #41 lwien, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2010

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Now THAT'S the funniest thing I heard all day. LOL !!

One can't be an active member over at the FC site for over a year and not know much about vapes. Too funny.

2. wtf is lead vapor?

lead melts at 622.4 F

3. Alright guys I think arguing preferences isn't going to get us anywhere. What I think is most interesting from these recent discussions is the possibility of the Volcano having a lead heating element which could emit harmful vapors. I have searched all over and cant find one site referencing this. Can you tell us how you drew the conclusion that this is what the element is made of? Just because the manufacturer wont tell you the material doesn't automatically make it lead. Furthermore, no research studies on cannabis toxins using Volcano vaporization have shown any traces of lead or associated byproducts in the vapor itself. How do you explain that?

4. #44 lwien, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2010
    He can't. All he is doing is making an assumption.

The 'Cano has had more scientific research done on it than any vape on the market and in all of those studies, NO toxins were ever reported that were produced by the Volcano. THAT'S a fact. What this guy is doing is NOT presenting any facts whatsoever.

He's an Arizer fanboy. No different really than 'Cano fanboys, for they both will defend their precious vapes using totally ridiculous and outlandish claims to backup their purchasing decisions. It's one thing to LOGICALLY discuss the merits of a particular vape, but quite another to go to the totally false claims and accusations that typical fanboys go to such as aerogardenguy has done here.

5. If its not ceramic heating, vape companies dont talk about it.... Take a guess why..... I am going to see if my buddy still has his broken Volcano and I am going to take it apart. Call Volcano and see what info they give you.... If they wont tell you then why? Its common sense if someone hides an important detail its for a reason.

6. Did you read the post above. I will repeat. The 'Cano has had more scientific research done on it than any vape on the market and in all of those studies, NO toxins were ever reported that were produced by the Volcano. THAT'S a fact.

Now...........if you would like me to do a cut and paste of those studies and post them up here, I will gladly do that to support what I am saying here. You, on the other hand, cannot and will not post any studies that will support your claims.

Case....................closed.

7. I've seen some 'Cano hate in my day, but aerogardenguy just takes it to a whole other level...

8. Yup. I'm not a big Volcano fan myself. Hell, over half my threads here will suggest other vapes over the 'Cano, but I do it with facts, not the bullshit that aerogardenguy is posting up here.

9. does elmer fud have trouble pronouncing his R's?

10. YES ITS WORTH IT.....end of story

11. The volcano has an aluminum, not lead, heating element.

12. Just discovered from another forum that it is indeed made from aluminum. I've always heard about the risks associated with smoking out of aluminum cans and pipes; Should the same concern exist with this device?

13. the problem with smoking out of aluminum is the temperature of the lighter/ash ... much above 440F which is the typical vaporizer heater.

i think it's more a taste issue than harmful fumes from the aluminum heatsink

14. dont spend that much money buy a cheaper one then you can buy yourself a big bag of the good shit.:smoking::smoking::smoking:

15. At the temps we vape at, it shouldn't be a concern. Bet I'll tell ya, even though that's true, I still would rather not vape from aluminum.

16. At the temps we vape at, it shouldn't be a concern. Bet I'll tell ya, even though that's true, I still would rather not vape from aluminum for the same reason that I would rather not smoke or vape from anything made of brass, including brass screens.

17. #57 Norm420, Jan 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2010
    no big deal if I assume aluminum is heated up and air blows on it to pass the hot air through the plastic tubing through the metal screens at 350 degrees. They're an awesome vape to own. I just bought the cano digit and its fuckin awesome. I never thought I'd like it this much. I do about 3 bags a bowl at 347 degrees. Don't need much herb and it hits me hard. It gives my glass a break from use and my girl really likes it. She even said she wasn't excited that I got it, but after her using it she admitted she's going to use it and nothing else. Worth the money for sure. I heard the patent, volcano had for their vape, expired and another company is using the same set up for about $300 less. I wish I could remember that other company's name.

edit: nevermind. they just got the USA patent in 2003 and the German patent in 1999. 20 year long patents I believe.

18. i stand corrected about the lead. It is aluminum and is still as harmful. anodized aluminum releases tiny particles that you breathe in. either way it is way overpriced for a cano considering it has the minimal features of a vape and probability of harmful aluminum you could be possibly breathing in. 1 Trick Pony.... Bag and thats it. no whip no bong attachment, no controller, no selectable fan speeds, no ceramic heating element, no food and beverage FDA approved materials, hose, plastics, ect. what more do i have to say that the extreme is better. YEA AND HALF THE PRICE! SAY WHAT YOU WANT JUST GO TO FC AND READ A LITTLE.

19. #59 Pyrofane, Jan 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2010
    perhaps its more expensive because the aluminum element better distributes the heat? or is more expensive to produce? there are so many more factors that arent being considered in the ceramic V. aluminum arguement being made. tho i do agree with that it is slightly overpriced if it is missing such features as listed above.

i need to research the diffferences in the element materials a little more though ill be back when i know a bit more about it

20. again with all the studies for toxicology reports don't claim what you claim. If there were any impurities from bad metals used for the heating element that would have been exposed. It hasn't so unless you can actually prove your claim you're not convincing anyone.