post your strange, abstract thoughts here

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by sebastian, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Come post your thoughts here when you are so high that your nearly delirious.

2. #2 Lebowski, Jan 26, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2014
    When I was high and thinking about what happens to your brain when your high, I said something like:
    Time is a river that flows for eternity, never running dry. But when you blaze up, that river divides like in a delta, into little seperate creeks and streams which wrap around your brain and pull it from reality.

If that sounded stupid, I was high

edit: nearly 10 years later this post sounds so stupid, and people keep liking it, so everytime I come back to it and cringe. I was going to delete this but ill leave it here as a reminder of how I was when I started smoking.

edit2: please stop liking this post.

3. Are you like me, waking up every morning thinking you'll have to fight against the world, but in fact nobody knows you. I think the human beings are just like robots on acid, robots with emotions. These days, this is the only difference between we and robots. Emotions.

You are just a number. And count down is already started.

4. all motion is an illusion.

5. well i allways think of this, America, yip the land of the free etc etc.........

Well what allways fries my brain is how America came to be so big so fast, and i don't mean people wise, i mean building wise and city wise..............the way i see it, it was the late 1800's and people were still in places like tombstone etc, with wooden houses, and tumbleweed blowing by, but by the time of prohibition, there were skyscrapers and shit.............HOW THE HELL????

i mean in like 30-50 years there were cities and skyscrapers all over the place, i mean look how long it takes to build a skyscraper now, and that's with tried and tested techniques...........but to go from saloons to skyscrapers.............who had that knowledge, like to allow for the sway etc, massive engineering feets, and never done before, now i know most of the steel came from a Scot named Carnagie, and now they have Carnegie hall in NY city...........but just HOW...........SO MANY SO FAST.............well that one allways gets me maybe somone could put my poor little overworked brain to rest and fill me in on what i'm missing, or did aliens beam down skyscrapers overnight????????.........lol

Peace out...........Sid

6. it was the industrial age, nearly everyone was working on shit like that at that time.

7. Time. Don't you notice that everything moves fast, and it gets faster and faster. Someday, perhaps after we're dead, maybe the globe will just be spinning faster, the moon and sun will set and rise earlier and earlier and children will grow up faster and faster. They'll be smoking crack by the age of 10; burnt out on heroine and meth by 16. The 'smart' ones will make more and more rash, unforgiving, proclamations to the people, the people will rise and they will soon after fall of their own weight, fly too close to the sun. The old always tell us how fast we move, how tall we're getting, and how better it used to be. Maybe they're not senile.

<O:p</O:p
    But this developed over a long period of time. The damn Greeks knew how to build a skyscraper; they just didn't have the means, nor were they necessary. We're just discovering the old knowledge and reapplying and mastering it. Not all of course, how could Plato have seen our war machines and creative ways to kill one another. Half of all our technology came from the army and the cold war years. Even World War II gave us the computer, our Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles, and most notably the atomic bomb.<O:p

Ever since the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><st1:country-region w:st=US</ST1:p</st1:country-region> was founded (stolen?) by foreign colonists this nation has been a land of profit. The only reason for even settling was to harvest and transport goods back to the mother country. We the <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1:pUnited States</ST1:p</st1:country-region> have always been in the game for profit. No profit? Kill it.

This is how it will be and how it always has been for as long as humanity can possibly remember. Maybe there will be another dark ages too. We are probably at the summit right now, waiting to role back down the mountain, hitting every rock and tree on the way down. This is the longest goddamn post ever.

8. Yeah, like things go faster and faster everyday, it's going crazy, people are just running and running to work and do their things, no time to enjoy life. Time was SERIOUSLY better 30 to 40 years ago, people were truly living. Life was simple, it was the good time.

9. For any reason I consider mj to have significant impact on dividing world cognition into many separate aspects: sounds - when listening to music, vision pieces, mind with body, emotions with mind, body with needs, spliting thoughts into worlds, and back to thoughts, a bit different this time. All this parts are cohesive with each other, sum of them - balanced, and all you feel is piece and harmony. While having smile on your face and open-minded attitutude - eager to embrace the random.

10. What if Horses lost the ability to run and cows gained the ability to run. so they had to switch places.

We would drink horse milk,
    we would race cows.
    As farmers milked horses
    and cowboys rode cows,
    I'd sit back and remember
    the days when horses ran free.

11. man this is just the thread i need

Aright, so the other day i came to the definite realization that ants are my favorite animal. this is because ants are fucking brilliant. within their colony, all sorts of amazing shit goes down every day. and yet, no one appreciates ants. i believe that an ant colony, not an ant, but an ant COLONY is the perfect metaphor for a human being. we have all this amazing shit going on inside of us and yet everyone is so caught up on how filthy the human race is. no one appreciates how impressive it is that something as complex as a human being can even exist and function as well as most of us do.

12. I don't think my skeletal system is built very well.

13. one day a while I was in my math class and our teacher was teaching on some greek dudes theorem of motion. it was that if a runner was to run a 100 meters, he would have to pass every point in between 0 meters and 100 meters. (i.e. meter 70, 2, 5.66666, etc) but because there are infinite points between any two numbers, he wouldn't be moving at all and that motion is all a illiusion.it a pradox though, because you could say that because the runner got from point a to point b that he must have passed through every point. thats one to think on. anyone have any other paradoxes?

14. i have too many abstract thoughts

15. ????????.............Peace out.........Sid

16. Forbiddon, more or less a dangerous test of significance. Read the fine print. between the lines youll find a fine hint. intoxication my mental masturbation. perspective of no objective. lost, looking for some sense. Let me lick the answers for five bucks a hit. why the fuck am I into this shit. why the fuck am I here and gone what went wrong is too complex for your frontal cortex. trying to flex my space in too much haste. a matter of fiction. corrupt open for conviction waiting for incision. from then to now from A to Z let me tell you man, it didn't go smoothly. like an action movie, packed with the drugs getting stacked and kids fucking whack. fucking kids on smack crowding up douglas street, the place to be the place to meet the place to buy the place to sell. my own personal heaven and hell. a point of speed a joint of weed a cap of e with some lsd. I resided to bandalon square, devided, society resessated. the kids from chapters, our brains feeling casterated. a new place to go to rail some yayo. when the city is dark we hit the town, I'm never comming down. there they are the gang in blue, sirens on chasing after you. It's a race to beat the block, a chase with an un-known stop. There they are watching us climb up to the starts, the stairwell our spaceship, top of the parkade. our hiding place make-shift. i cant even say how many times I drank beer and stood right here, watching the town wondering they're reacitons when I hit the ground. Contemplation in my intoxication of this suicidal situation. my mind is pumping with visions of jumping, wondering if my life is to bear with. no one to love and care for, no one's gonna be knocking at my door. jump or not, nah I'd rather go smoke more pot. on the edge I was more often than not, in search of settlement while making my imprint, a living legend that can't be shared. tangability will not be spared, flashing memories of you and me here and there. a menace to society. subliminal bullshit trying to fuck with my desire to hug or to hit, hold up. my bowl is lit. packing so much weed it barely fits, the more the better. soon I'll be speaking sentances letter by letter, suddenly things will seem optimized. whatever its beter than being pecimised. covered in lies my mind will hate, through my eyes every moment is fate. together and apart my head will start to think of my life as an art.

Wrote that a whle ago, I sat down with a pen and paper after the summer, and that just flowed out of me in one shot. I don't have any scratched out letters or anyhting on it.

17. i read that as hiphop lyrics. very cool.

something i realized today after talking to a friend:
    jazz is like zen buddhism in that it can only be appreciated if the listener realizes that truly understanding it is impossible.

18. yep and the all illusions are the motion
    ;)
    peace out

19. There is no normal. Only familiar. moments of things that are completly abstract from a group, but the group always conforms to make it familiar.

20. This one time I was pretty high and developed some theory were, the only second(as in time) is all of time, so time is just one big second ticking by

now I look back at it and im like wtff thats dumb