Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Drug testing at Petco?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ligalizit, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Does anyone here work at Petco? I may be applying there soon and want to know if they test & if so is it pee or saliva test?

Havent had to take a test in years so any other related advice is welcome.

Thx!

2. I have worked there. (last year ) I had to shit in a cup.

3. bullshit

4. Hhaahahahahahah.

5. ive worked there and they dont drug test, at least in colorado. It should say on the application; if they dont mention it there then you wont be tested.

6. hahahahaha that made my lungs hurt...

i worked at pet supplies plus last year and they didnt test worth a shit, both stores are about identical in my city so i would say that they probably dont test

7. hahahahaha thats awesome! maybe i'll bring my own specimen to the interview to show initiative.

8. I am also applying for a position at Petco in the Chicagoland area... just curious did you get the job? If so what city and the magic question.... did they drug test you?

9. I like this guy, Bright & Humorous!

10. haha did anybody find out if they do Drug Tests at PetCo though? O:

11. I would bet that they do pre-employment testing. Probably no testing after that though.

Drug Policy | Careers | PetSmart

There you go, seems like there is a drug test for employment and then only if they suspect you came to work high or something.

12. I just laughed at that for 5 minutes straight, and I'm not even baked yet.

13. smoke catnip dufus

14. I know a girl who worked at petco. She was constantly high, then again she was on probation too...

15. Thanks, but that's for PetSmart haha! :p PetCo is separate from them. I couldn't find any reliable information from searches, I smoked yesterday, and I have my drug test on tuesday. I've been detoxing all day drinking green tea and coffee and water like crazy. I'm going to drink a ton of cranberry juice too.

16. Yeah that is true, but I would bet they have similar policies. If I were you I would be expecting a drug test (either saliva or urine).

But here's a website that you can search if your petco does drug testing.
    Companies That Drug Test - Petco performs Urine Drug Tests

I hope it works out for you! Good Luck!:smoke:

17. Does anyone know if they drug test at the petco in cali, i live in l.a ?

18. I would say the odds are a piss test. Maybe just take a t-break for a month? It'll be rewarding once you confidently pass the test!

19. #19 jaggedfruit, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2013
    Petco does NOT drug test. i work there and it's a great job for stoners. you get to work with cute animals and everyone there is super cool
    i've even smoked with a manager before.

Petsmart DOES do pre-employment piss tests but the two are different companies