Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

coughing and puking... wtf is wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Growmyown, Jan 20, 2010.

1. well if he's been toking for 7+ years im pretty sure his throat should have gotten used to it by now.

Simplest solution to this:

get a vape

2. This was exactly my problem. It sounds more and more like your swallowing smoke to me. I'd been smoking nearly 7 years also when that problem started. I'd never actually had it until sometime last year. It's like I have the exact oppposite of cottonmouth. You're swallowing spit that contains smoke and/or resin causing it to happen, or at least that was my experience.

Swallow or spit all the saliva in your mouth before a hit aand then make sure you take a hit and breathe in lots of air before you cut it off and hold your breath.

My guess is that before this happens, you take your hit, and when you try to hold your smoke in, it either feels like your esophagos spasms or something like an involentary swallow or you do swallow, iritating the back of your throat almost right at the trachea. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe not, but this sounds a lot like what happened to me.

3. You may be having acid reflux or sometimes coughing hard enough can trigger your gag reflex. It happens to me sometimes to. Sounds most likely that you have an acid reflux problem. Just wait till you wake up in the night gasping for breath, then the real fun begins!