Tobacco Tolerance Break?

Discussion in 'General' started by Russia, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Alright so I'm at the tail end of a month-long THC break. My tolerance wasn't all that high even when I was at my worst, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Anyway, I was wondering how long it would take to reduce a tolerance to nicotine. I don't smoke very often these days- usually just when I'm super drunk or high. A couple years back I ruined tobacco for myself by getting really into hookahs and the end result is that it is now nearly impossible for me to get any sort of buzz from any form of tobacco. Since I've been on my weed T-break, I haven't touched cigs or anything of the sort until this weekend, when I was at a party at my buddy's place. I got the drunken cigarette craving and gave in, but was quite disappointed by the lack of result and pretty mad the next day that I attacked my lungs for nothing.

So to restate my questions:
    Is it possible to not smoke cigarettes or cigars or hookah/ pack lips for long enough that I would experience the very enjoyable effects I used to get from drunken cigarettes? If so, how long would it take?
    I've heard 3 months and 6 months bandied about, but I'd like to get a more authoritative answer. Has anyone ever tried this?

Thanks in advance

Cue a bunch of "YOU NEED TO QUIT FOR GOOD DOSE TINGS ARE NASTY" responses

2. Haha, this is funny, because i was just thinking this.

I havent smoked for a couple of months and have just been toking every night.

I figure to lower my THC tollerance i will start smoking again for 2-3 months, while not smoking bud.

Sounds funny but kinda makes sense.

Then a small part of me is saying "noo dont smoke its been a while already"

meh, still got sum of the sack left, so ill keep tokin :)

3. hmm i remember when i was underage and unable to purchase my own tobacco, some times i would go with out for 3-4 days until i got some and only the first cig i smoked out of a pack would give me a real good buzz.

the other time i got a major buzz was when i was on a nicotine patch and smoked a cig at the same time. MAJOR buzz it felt like i was blazed haha. but it only lasted for a half an hour. but i dont think this method is very safe/conventional

the good buzz i get from cigs after not smoking for 4 days or more is more focused if i dont move my body at all (i think from something that causes your blood to constrict or something) you know what i mean?

4. i quit cigs for like 4-5 months cause the high you get from them is so fake/weak compared to weed i smoked one last weekend and got the buzz where you can barely stand up felt good but its wacky tabacky to me:smoking:

5. If I miss one day I get a nice buzz the next.

Been smoking/dipping 7 years

This would probably be better in the box, btw:p

6. Similar situation with the hookah use - I have to go about 3 weeks to a month without any tobacco before I get any sort of nicotine buzz, and that only lasts for about 30 seconds in to the first smoke of the pack.

In the process of quitting tobacco for good this time, just started taking chantix this morning actually. I'm looking forward to being able to breathe, taste, and smell again for the first time in 5 years.

7. Sometimes still get that little nicotine tease for the 1st cig of the morning.

Its always just a tease tho :/

8. when i break for like a week or less i notice almost no difference. maybe a little bit on the first few cigs but your tolerance builds right back up quickly. so u gotta do more than a week im sure.

9. Gross dude, you should quit smoking, it's a nasty habit. Oh wait..:rolleyes:

10. #10 Russia, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2010
    Haha you lucky bastard. By the way, I considered putting this in the box, but stopped when I saw that pretty much every thread was something like "LSD visuals" or "2ct-7 report", I didn't think my little tobacco woes qualified. If I am unable to get a solid answer here I might re-post there in the hopes of having a lot of chemically knowledgeable people seeing it- not that any of y'all are dumb by any means.

11. Thanks for the info. That's exactly what I'm going for. I'm not sure if I would describe a full-on nicotine buzz as "weak" at all. I end up having to sit down and get pretty jelly-legged. It is short as hell, though, but I don't really want to feel like that for longer than a few minutes anyway.

So 4-5 months seems to have worked... I think I'll try going 8 (none till fall semester). It's not hard for me to not smoke any cigarettes, but it is going to be hard to not join on spliffs and blunts.

12. you cant smoke blunts either?

damn

13. Blunts have some nicotine... as much as I love em they will only keep my tolerance up. Thanks for the rep brah.

14. nicotine tolerance does build up quickly i dont think its effecient to take 8 month breaks at a time to get a killer buzz from cigs but hey what ever floats your boat man.

but again nicotine patch + cig = huge buzz. although this method would be doing the opposite of your intentions because your nicotine tolerance would probably go really high.