Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Michigan ADHD?

• Please log in to reply

GuerillaMan921

GuerillaMan921

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
Well ever since I've been a child ive been on a few different medications, ritalin being my first, calmax (some powder you mix into a drink), adderal and a few more i cant name.
Besides this though, I have sleeping problems and it always helps me sleep.

I was wondering since california used marijuana to treat a number of cases adhd; if michigan is the same way.
The adderal is terrible though, made me not be able to eat for so long ; and i felt exactly the same.

BlaBlaBla

BlaBlaBla

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
Michigan does not currently allow for ADHD or any other "mental" disorders.

From the Michigan Dept. of Community Health.

Question: What medical conditions are eligible?
Answer: Patients must suffer from a debilitating medical condition, defined as:
(a) cancer, glaucoma, or positive status for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Crohn's disease, agitation of Alzheimer's disease, or nail patella.
(B) a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces one of more of the following:
(i) cachexia or wasting syndrome;
(ii) severe and chronic pain;
(iii) severe nausea;
(iv) seizures, including but not limited to those caused by epilepsy; or
(v) severe or persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to, those which are characteristic of multiple sclerosis; or
© any other medical condition or treatment for a medical condition adopted by the department by rule. (NOTE: To date, the department has not added to the list by administrative rule.)

Guest_Purecussion_*

Guest_Purecussion_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Well ever since I've been a child ive been on a few different medications, ritalin being my first, calmax (some powder you mix into a drink), adderal and a few more i cant name.
Besides this though, I have sleeping problems and it always helps me sleep.

I was wondering since california used marijuana to treat a number of cases adhd; if michigan is the same way.
The adderal is terrible though, made me not be able to eat for so long ; and i felt exactly the same.

Have you tried Vyvance or Concerta? Marijuana is a depressant, not a stimulant, so it will not help with ADHD.

Saganist

Saganist

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Marijuana is a depressant, not a stimulant, so it will not help with ADHD.

Wrong on both counts.

tharedhead

tharedhead

Southern Gothic

• Bronze Member
  • 8,881 posts

Edited by tharedhead, 22 January 2010 - 08:56 AM.

d94

d94

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
this was part of the reason i got my license, not directly because of my adhd but due to its side effects

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users