The Grasscity Magazine Launch

Your new #1 Marijuana Resource, check it out and Disqus(!) Grasscity Magazine, share the love blades!

Organic tea recipe

• by thcisthewayout
  • Jan 18 2010 06:42 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • Please log in to reply

• thcisthewayout
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

Howdy i was thinking of using this recipe for veg and flower for the up coming season with organic soil would i need to add anything else to the soil or mix? can i use this for veg and flower THROUGHT THE WHOLE SEASON? THANX

HASHMOUF: The Nutrents are added together with water and brewed to make Organic Tea. Here is the recipe :

5 gallons purified water
1/2 cup Fish emulsion
1 cup Bat guano
1 cup liquid seaweed
6 table spoons Molasses

Mix all of these ingredients together and aerate with a fish pump and air-stone allow to brew for 24 hours at least, 48- 72 hours for a stronger tea. Shake well before feeding.

This tea can be used for any period of plant growth. However do overfeed, when using a Nutrient rich soil, water with plain water for the first 3-4 weeks before using this tea. But if you have a weak soil low in nutrition then this tea is great for every feeding, for best results flush with plain water every 4 weeks.
  • Chunk likes this
Replies (10)

Similar Topics: Organic tea recipe     x

• PipPip
  • t.rex.
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:21 AM

Put some fresh EWC or good compost in there to get bacteria rolling. I read somewhere recently that, if kept at 75 degrees constant, 12-15 hours of aeration will produce bacteria dominant solution, 15-18 hours will produce fungi dominant solution, and beyond that, a protozoa dominance. I am in the process of validating this for myself.

Also, cut way back on the molasses/sugar. try 1/2-1 tbsp to start.

If you have an organic soil rich with good stuff, you should only need to give the tea once a cycle to re-energize your soils micro-herd. everyone raves about fox-farm ocean forest, but i think i would try the happy frog, cause it supposedly packs a herd right out of the bag, but its too expensive anyway. i stick with the local organic choice.

• thcisthewayout
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 251 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:45 AM

thanx im using the local organic soil myself good looking out on the molasses i just found this recipe and thought i give it a try

• PipPip
  • t.rex.
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:00 AM

check the numbers before you buy the guano, too. different compositions from different locales. PSB, which is just a sea-gull, is 10-10-2 i think. good all-round.

• Budding Botanist

• Chunk
  • Super Moderator
  • 13,606 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:29 AM

• thcisthewayout
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 251 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:13 PM

thanx for all the info my ganja brothers so here is my tea mix anything else just let me no thanx!!

VEG
5gal water
1/2 cup hydro fish fert
1cup bat guano N
1cup luquid seaweed
5tbs of black strap m (5tbs because 5gal water is this ok?)

Flower
same as top just change bat guano to sea gull guano ANYTHING ELSE TO ADD TO MY FLOWER TEA? thanx all +rep

• Budding Botanist

• Chunk
  • Super Moderator
  • 13,606 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:09 AM

• thcisthewayout
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:26 AM

damn thats wuts up all written down in my grow journl thanx oh but hey you say you add 2-3 tbs GRD per 5gal tea right? he says he add 1.5cf to soil mix which should i do?

Edited by thcisthewayout, 21 January 2010 - 03:30 AM.

• Budding Botanist

• Chunk
  • Super Moderator
  • 13,606 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:38 AM

• PipPipPip
  • triplebc666
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

heres another GREAT tea
i call it the GLASS SHARD REMEDY

this involves...

a Handful of dry Chicken Pellets
about three handfuls of WORM CASTS
20 ltrs water
(sat out 24 hours, or rite from tap and BUBBLED FOR A MINIMUM OF 6 hours - will still dechlorinate it,,,, contrary to the it HAS to be 24 hours)
Mollasses 5 tbs (u cant overfeed with mollasses, it just gets stored.. better to be safe than sorry)
a dash of biobizz fish mix
and any sea kelps /catalysts (WHICH MUST BE ADDED AT THE END)

bubble away for 24 hours or more for conentrated colonies..
but id STAY away from just leaving it without a pump. MUCH more chances of going anerobic

i find chicken pellets in TEAS work more crazy than guanos.. and ive been messing with teas for about 4 - 5 yrs now!

called the GSR (patented by myself)
this IS YOUR DEFCON 3 TEA CONCOCTION.. try it before u THINK u have the best formula..

• Organic Maine Dirt Farmer

• jerry111165
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 14,157 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:41 AM

Chunk - is Epsomas "Rock Phosphate" the same thing as Glacial Rock Dust, and I not, where would I source this?

Thanks in advance.

Jerry.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved