Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

making a bong out of glass bottle

• Please log in to reply

crippieboy

crippieboy

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I recently bought a glass slider with the hopes of drilling a hole in a beer bottle to make a bong. The guy at the smoke shop told me to use a 1/2 inch diamond tipped drill bit to drill a hole in the beer bottle. My question is it doesn't look like the slider will sit up straight in the beer bottle. If any of you have done the same thing, will you please post a tutorial or pictures of how this worked for you. thanks.

Edited by crippieboy, 17 January 2010 - 09:31 PM.

Similar Topics: making a bong out of glass bottle     x

allouttaweed

allouttaweed

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,092 posts
Go to the store and find something that has a glass bottle more suited for a bong. The angle the stem will be at with a beer bottle is going to be crap.

Selanda

Selanda

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Certain liquor bottles work well too although the one I crafted feels a bit small for my liking. The nice thing is it's easy to leave sitting around without people noticing because it doesn't look obviously modified with the slider removed. I used clear sealant around the flare so it isn't obvious it's there unless you look from the side.

The next one I do will be a larger artsy-looking vase and a diffused down-stem.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0017.JPG
  • IMG_0019.JPG

Edited by Selanda, 17 January 2010 - 10:40 PM.
pics

weeder94

weeder94

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
jus drill it at the angle you want it and it willl make more of an eliptical hole which the stem can be slid into correctly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users