Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

HELP! Coughing up blood!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by eljacko129, Jan 15, 2010.

1. #21 Duckyx, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2010
    just go to a doctor. You dont have cancer. You dont have anything wrong.

Coughing up blood after a HUGE Coughing attack is sometimes normal.

You caused some irritation in your lungs or throat. If its just a little like a tint of blood colour or a few spots of blood. Its normal.

If you end up coughing up straight blood or flem filled with blood is bad.

Either way call the doctor up.

just keep an eye on your flem/spit when your coughing. Cough into a napkin.

good luck with you.

2. holy shit go see a doc

3. Are you also a heavy drinker? If yes, I can come up with all sorts of unpleasant possibilities:devious:

4. hahaha wow WTF!!! :eek::eek: i've never been lucky enough to witness this before.

but, i would definitely see a doctor after coughing up ANY amount or color of blood

5. Can we have a round of TB skin tests for this thread, bartender...:cool:

6. Not sounding healthy mate.
    Blood coming from the head (ears, nose, mouth etc..) is not a good sign.
    Def get quick check-up bud.

7. Man, this shit happened to me today, it was bright red tho, if it happens again, imma go to the doc

8. so....are you taking too big of a hit? or too small of a hit? or is it the cigs???

9. Go to the doc. Who cares what the problem is, you can figure that out later. Find out what's wrong right now!

10. This thread is 3 years old..

11. stop smoking and go to a doctor to see if its anything serious. I have coughed so hard b4 that i broke a blood vessle in my lungs or something and coughed up a lil blood. Scared the crap out of me. I went to doc and it was nothing serious.

BTW, at the time, I was smoking that synthetic crap that is outlawed now. Never should have touched that stuff. Probably worse on the lungs than tobbacco.

12. Well, obviously, you should go to a doctor. It could be anything from havin a bleeding nose drain into your throat during the night, to lung cancer.

13. prolly a reaction from Beasters OP

14. OP, what was it? its been 3 years

15. R.I.P OP

Instead of seeing a doctor, he smoked a pack and took his last bong hit which ended with him in a coughing fit. Then mauled to death by a tiger.

Average Death of citizens by tiger while smoking in house : 5

Average Death from smoking cannabis: 0

16. Besides the obvious advise of go to a doctor.

Happened to me before, im a cig smoker though as well.
    Just was blood from my throat from being highly irritated from me coughing lots.

Now I feel like a dumbass after seeing the op's original post date.

17. I think I have this too, how did you ''fix'' this?

18. Ehh well I guess by going to the doctor.
    Getting a prescription for antibiotics which addressed the chest infection I had, which got rid of the coughing, which allowed for my throat inflammation to heal, through the then apparent lack of coughing and an infection.

Sorry I wish I could of told you I rolled a fat blunt packed that shit up with some dank ganj and laced it with BHO, but yeah I think the doctor route seemed more efficient at the time.

19. You're coughing so much, and probably so hard, that blood came up. If it's light pink once or twice you probably just irritated the fuck out of your throat. If it wasn't like straight blood I wouldn't worry too much. Not to say that it can't be a sign of something more serious. Sounds like bronchitis to me though.