Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

HELP! Coughing up blood!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by eljacko129, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Hey guys,

im a pretty frequent smoker and recently i have been coughing a lot. Today i started to cough and spit some blood into the sink.

WTF?

Lemme know whats up blades

2. You're going to die, your lungs are rejecting the THC.

3. couging up blood is a sign of lung cancer. do you smoke tobacco?

4. I would suggest to go to the hospital and or doctors office to check that out. ave or had.Hope you get better OP and let us know what you have or had.

5. some times, but not often. I smoke more weed than i smoke tabacco

6. Dang dude, sorry to hear that! I would make an apt asap. not that its anything serious, it could be. Get back to us, and Good luck.

7. I wouldn't have been as blunt but yeah, I wouldn't take that lightly. See a doctor.. it doesn't take much from the cancer sticks to fuck you.

8. go to a doctor

go to a doctor

go to a doctor

go to a doctor

go to a doctor

what can a bunch of people on a weed forum tell you? nothing. if you value your health, go see a professional.

dont know why people think they are gonna get any real help from a weed forum on their health problems

9. if you smoke too much whether it be weed or tobacco it could dry out your throat to the point were blood come out when you cough. i would suggest to stop smoking till your throat heals. And how old are you? if you under 30 I pretty sure you don't have lung cancer unless you have been smoking weed and cigarettes 24/7 like 5 packs a day or something. But i would still suggest seeing a doctor to make sure you are not sick with something

10. I've personally never coughed up blood, yet I smoke weed like a Chimney and a pack of Camels a day.

I do know others that have, though, and think very little of it's importance.

Go see a Dr. As mentioned earlier, it's unlikely you have cancer or something (even though that's more of a reason to go see a Doc) and your lungs are probably just too irritated and need a break.

No harm could come of a Dr. visit.

11. This. A thousand times this. Blood coming out of a place blood doesnt normally come? Thats a trip to the doctor/ER.

12. sounds like that blunt trauma. what do you usually smoke out of?

but call your doctor 4real

13. yeah only time ive ever coughed up blood is when i smoked newports for a couple days. switched to camels and i smoke weed almost everyday and havent had a problem since

14. Age has nothing to do with anything, my friends brother is 21 and he has brain cancer.

Edit: And please go to the Doctor coughing up blood is no bueno.

15. What does brain cancer have to do with lung cancer? Nothing. He said lung cancer.

16. chronic cough.

17. Do you smoke menthol cigarettes? I know a girl who smoked Kools for years until she started coughing up blood, too.

18. u know, no1 stated a current nose bleed, if u get one in ur sleep u sometimes dont know until somethin like tha does happen

19. If you have an Ulcer you will caught up blood, most people know when they have an ulcer. I would be concerned if I cough up blood more then 3 times in a week. A doc appt wouldnt hurt, is these the only symtoms you have?

20. If it's bright red blood (the kind you see when you've cut your finger), it's just a burst capillary from the force of coughing.

If it's dark red, stop smoking immediately and see a doctor.

If you can't tell the difference, study colors charts made for kiddies. :rolleyes:

No, seriously, if it only happens once, and it's bright red, it's no problem. If it's dark red and happens more than twice, see a doctor.