Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

What temperature do you bake brownies at?

• Please log in to reply

Uhhboo

Uhhboo

• Registered Upgraded
  • 123 posts
My brownie mix ( World Classics Chocolate Truffle Gourmet Brownie Mix ) calls for 350*F. Would it kill the thc in my brownies if I baked it for the recommended time which calls for
25-30 minutes? This is my first time making brownies and with cannabutter. I've heard other
recipes that tell you to lower the temperature down to 25*F left than the box calls, but you guys tell me please because this is my first time.

What color should the cannabutter be?? this is the color of mines.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0960.JPG

Edited by Uhhboo, 10 January 2010 - 05:48 PM.

TheReturn

TheReturn

• Registered Upgraded
  • 181 posts
350 is usually what they are baked at but at this point it really not about having the thc bond since that already happened with making the butter, its more about just making the brownies so you can eat them in a good form (unless you want to eat the batter. damn cookie dough would be good like that) but if you feel you don't like that 340 or 345 would never hurt they would just be sunken in a bit.

Uhhboo

Uhhboo

• Registered Upgraded
  • 123 posts

350 is usually what they are baked at but at this point it really not about having the thc bond since that already happened with making the butter, its more about just making the brownies so you can eat them in a good form (unless you want to eat the batter. damn cookie dough would be good like that) but if you feel you don't like that 340 or 345 would never hurt they would just be sunken in a bit.

Okay thanks but does my cannabutter looks potent? i used 1 stick of butter to 10grams of bud

countzer0

countzer0

• Registered Upgraded
  • 669 posts
Doesnt look very potent but looks can be deceiving.

Attached Thumbnails

• 163.JPG

Uhhboo

Uhhboo

• Registered Upgraded
  • 123 posts

Doesnt look very potent but looks can be deceiving.

i simmered my canna butter outside for @ 140*F for 4 hours

countzer0

countzer0

• Registered Upgraded
  • 669 posts
Thats probably not hot enough, how do you know the temperature?

Uhhboo

Uhhboo

• Registered Upgraded
  • 123 posts

Thats probably not hot enough, how do you know the temperature?

I used a candy thermometer or for those theromters that you stick in chicken to see if its fully cooked. I simmered it for 4 hours though.

The butter/water mix hasn't been solidified yet but I think it can be my refriderator?? When I look in it, its still liquidy and heres a picture of the top of my ziploc bowl. Theres two different layers and the bottom layer is different color than the top layer.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0963.JPG

countzer0

countzer0

• Registered Upgraded
  • 669 posts
Did you use real butter? Margirine wont come back together. Also 6hrs minimum in fridge should do it.

Uhhboo

Uhhboo

• Registered Upgraded
  • 123 posts

Did you use real butter? Margirine wont come back together. Also 6hrs minimum in fridge should do it.

I used Challenge Butter : European Style Creamier Taste & Silkier Texture, only about
1 stick ( 1/2 cup ) was used + added two more tablespoons. NO margirine

clarko

clarko

• Registered Upgraded
  • 140 posts
dawg your butters probably spoiled or not potent at all. Who told you to leave it outside for 4 hours at 140 degrees?

Edited by clarko, 11 January 2010 - 04:41 AM.

Uhhboo

Uhhboo

• Registered Upgraded
  • 123 posts

dawg your butters probably spoiled or not potent at all. Who told you to leave it outside for 4 hours at 140 degrees?

no-one did... I just simmered the butter+weed+water in a pot for four hours...

clarko

clarko

• Registered Upgraded
  • 140 posts

no-one did... I just simmered the butter+weed+water in a pot for four hours...

Next time you should try the method that's stickied here. It works great. Probably alot better. You can try just eating a little bit of your butter on a cracker and see if it does anything for you.

Uhhboo

Uhhboo

• Registered Upgraded
  • 123 posts

Next time you should try the method that's stickied here. It works great. Probably alot better. You can try just eating a little bit of your butter on a cracker and see if it does anything for you.

The steps I've done was

poured 4 cups of water in a pan
set on high until boiling
reduce to low heat and add butter(1 stick)
when butter is melted, i add 11 grams of bud(nugs)
simmered for 4 hours

(done this all outside to reduce smell )

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users