Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

negative effects of vaporizing cannabis

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by toastghost, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Vape is the way to go. I tend to vape more weed tho rather then when I pack bowls. You get pure taste and thc!

2. If you are worried about your lung health but still want to smoke, vaping is the way to go. Its not 100% un harmful but its MUCH better than a joint or pipe. Bongs are more damaging than vapes but are the best way to go if you dont have a vape. Vapes also extract the most THC and less weed will get you higher so start slow :)

3. Every medication I take has a list of side effect; most are physically addicting. I must weigh negative side effects to how the specific medication makes me feel. Vaporizing medical marijuana (MM) makes my life a whole lot more livable. I weigh the side effects of MM (dry mouth, munchies) to the positive effects (less pain, less spastic tremors, two hours of relaxation from crawling out of my skin). Marijuana has been tested for over 2000 years; some of the meds I take just came out onto the market. To me it's a no brainier, but each person needs to look at the pros and cons and their individual struggle and physical condition.

4. I bought a 30 dollar vap on ebay and it works great!

5. The problem is that its still illegal in alot of areas so the scientific community usually shys away from doing research on cannabis. Which makes me appreciate the medical studies that do come out.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using GC Forum

6. I think its just fine for your health, but a waste of weed. could be wrong though ive never had a vaporizer.

7. I am a VT card holder I have no data but my doc said it was the way to go.

8. I love my vape, and it saves you money because you get high off of such a small amount. Especially me because I have MFLB, and I tend to be such a lightweight. I do agree I love ripping a bong, or smoking a joint. But most of the time if I am by myself, I am using my vaporizer cause it gives a long lasting high, and it makes my stash last so much longer.

9. i have this thing called the "vape or smoke"
    got it for free.... retail is $99

this thing is fucking plastic.... if i used it i would get cancer, idk why the hell they are still in business, i smell melting plastic every time i turn it on, just a flame inside of plastic... fucking retards

so yeah vaping isnt always better, but get an mflb or something not junk and you will be healthy

10. You get what you pay for. Most cheap chinese vapes use subpar parts that are not meant to withstand the heat from a heating element. This combined with a complete lack of concern for the consumer has resulted in these cheap-ass vapes that are probably worse for you than just combusting out of a bong. Someone in the vape section actually got a serious health condition from the fumes off a cheap vape. Use at your own risk. Stick with reputable companies when it comes to vapes.

Can't agree more.  I've had my MFLB for about a week now and I might never go back to smoking bud.  I can get blazed with half the amount and it's so much easier on the throat and lungs.  The superficial benefits are worth it too.  It's much easier to sneak a trench undetected than it is a bowl or joint and you don't come away reeking of herb.

12. i have a vap similar to the one you show. it works fine. watch out start out with a couple hits and wait a while. vaporizing has a much more intense high if you ask me. also it lasts longer.

13. o ya, the only negative effect i have seen from vaping is you get really high from a lil bit of weed. it does tend to hit me in waves. first you feel it coming on. then for some reason i go thru about 20 minutes of paranoia for some reason. usually thinking oh,no my wife is going to come home and no i'm fucked up. then it hits me that she already knows i am vaping? and she will just wanna hit herself? whatever. then shortly after i mellow out and feel really absoluty ok. also almost as soon as i hit the vap whatever aches and pains that are going on at the time almost instantly vanish. which to me is a blessing. and yes it is a whole lot easier on the lungs. also when you exhale it does have an odor but doesn't smell like burnt weed at all. the smell is fruity and goes away pretty quik

14. umm nope. its completely a head high with barely any body high at all.

15. You really won't get any negative side effects in regards to your health but you might get one with the high. Some people just don't like the high you get from vaporizing. I personally don't. And as much money I spent on my vape and how much the idea of vaping appeals to me, I just prefer the dirty high I've grown accustomed to getting from smoking

16. #56 garrison68, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2013
    I haven't found anything negative, health wise, about vaping.  But, after several years vaping exclusively, I have gone back to smoking very limited amounts in an old fashioned metal chamber pipe.  Since my tolerance is very low, I use very small amounts of weed, the same amount that I was using in the vaporizer, and I do not think that my lungs are any the worse off for it as long as I only do it a couple of times a week at most.   I'll probably go back to vaping, eventually, but I do like smoking as well.  

17. [​IMG]

18. Certainly not a waste of weed!  The volcano is a great conserver of weed.  One ground bud is enough for two or three sessions - intense super high all concentrated THC - four hits is all I can usually tolerate, sometimes five but that's max

19. I had my volcano for two years and have never been more happier using a vaporizer!!

20. I'm an older, everyday, somewhat heavy users. This is my two cents from my experience. 

Smoking pot does some damage to your lungs. Not only can you feel it when you smoke everyday, but it is just common sense. All that crud you clean off your pipes? Some of that does get in your lungs.

Now, I believe that the healing effects of cannabis negate this somewhat. I believe the healing effect is great enough that an occasional smoker will experience few if any ill effects. There is a study to support this: http://news.yahoo.com/marijuana-doesnt-harm-lung-function-study-found-210146886.html

An everyday smoke like me IMHO will suffer some reduced lung function. 

Vaping really reduces the amounts of solids in the vapor compared to smoke. There are still solids there or we would not see the vapor (or get stoned). I do not know this for a fact, but I suspect that the healing effects of the cannabis is enough to overcome any negative effects from vaping.